Sign in to follow this  
morty

Whats wrong with people?

I like that, Mark - that''s what it''s all about for me too and I''d like to think that''s the case for most of us on here mate, although various posts suggest otherwise.

I can remember not so long ago when we were *that* team (like Wigan last night), where we''d have a right good go at it against say Chelsea at home, yet come away losing 2-1. Chelsea were arguably far from their best in said example match, but in the ascendancy after a poor season thus far. We came away with nothing but had some good spells, and didn''t deserve to lose in my eyes. They did what they needed to do even though they were far from convincing, Costa even scoring an offside goal which stood. The hand is on the other foot now, and we know there is more to come from this group of players. But winning when you''re not at your best is what any of the better teams do in their respective leagues - and we''ve done that two games on the trot now. I too hope for 90mins of football where we''re camped in the oppositions half, but I''ll take the win and the lack of frustration every time in that situation over being ''plucky little Norwich who gave it a good go'' - and came away with nothing.

[quote user="Jacko"]I agree, at the end of the day Morty, a win is a win and people should always enjoy them.

Particularly after last year when they were particularly thin on the ground. But I do understand why there are concerns about us playing some of the bigger hitters in the league - time will soon tell, if those concerns are founded. Hopefully, Forest will cast that all to one side.

Whilst I sound horribly defeatist I do believe that the whole division is playing for 2nd place behind Newcastle but I see absolutely no reason why we can''t be the team that does it, if we tighten up.

Particularly, as big spending Villa have already handed us an 8 point head start (albeit with a game in hand) and we''re well placed in relation to other teams.[/quote]Exactly, there are enough dark times, make the most of the good ones.It was my first game of the season on Saturday, and there was a real unease and fragility about the crowd. I think a very negative mindset has become commonplace, and some people are just waiting for a defeat, so they can go into full on meltdown.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]
Exercise caution Morty. You''re starting to sound like Lakey. [:D]
[/quote][:D][:(]

There is definitely a fragility about the crowd which is a little hard to fathom. Six points in two games and one defeat in seven after all!

I''m not sure if it''s a hangover from relegation or unrealistic expectations? Some guy near to me went on and on about "it''s only ducking Wigan, we should be stuffing these".

There is scope to improve obviously and we have been unfortunate with injuries but I must admit I''m quite happy with the start we''ve made. It could always go tits up as with anything but I''m more inclined to feel that we will settle and our performances will improve.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]
Exercise caution Morty. You''re starting to sound like Lakey. [:D]
[/quote]

I''ve always had a suspicion that they were the same person [:)]

I''m puzzled by the reaction of some fans, many who said they were looking forward to more exciting games in the Championship. Last night''s game was exciting and we won! Wigan were better than a lot are giving them credit for. They kept the ball well and our lads had to do a lot of running. Two injury enforced substitutions limited AN''s tactical options and possible Mulumbu was brought on too soon? A few on their last legs by the final whistle. We dug deep and we won. Well done lads! OTBC.

Can only echo what Jacko has said really. We sit very nicely in the table right now and are in a great position to push on from here.

Delighted with the last 2 results but to put in two almost identical performances like that in a row seems odd. We managed to get ourselves a 2-goal lead 3 times in these games only to be pegged each time, would''ve expected us to have learnt something after the first time.

Hopefully this is taken on board now and we start to push on to the heights we know our team is capable of!

There is a fragility about the crowd because there is a fragility about the team. They are not bad but buckle on occasions in games and as commented elsewhere currently run out of steam with 20 minutes to go. When and if fitness levels improve so will results. At the moment despite decent start''s teams give us a good go late on knowing we are fragile. In this regard what has changed since last season we gave about 9 points away from the 85th minute onwards

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]There is a fragility about the crowd because there is a fragility about the team. They are not bad but buckle on occasions in games and as commented elsewhere currently run out of steam with 20 minutes to go. When and if fitness levels improve so will results. At the moment despite decent start''s teams give us a good go late on knowing we are fragile. In this regard what has changed since last season we gave about 9 points away from the 85th minute onwards[/quote]We have lost one game this season.People are fretting about something that might happen, but hasn''t actually yet.We have averaged 2 points a game, without even hitting top gear. We could literally play no better, and still get promoted.

Agreed but it was commented on why there is a fragility in the crowd. True we are averaging 2 points a game without playing that well. We are at a crossroads if performances start to improve then this points ratio could continue. If performances do not improve then we will see a lot more Birmingham type results in away games in particular

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Agreed but it was commented on why there is a fragility in the crowd. True we are averaging 2 points a game without playing that well. We are at a crossroads if performances start to improve then this points ratio could continue. If performances do not improve then we will see a lot more Birmingham type results in away games in particular[/quote]I think the fragility is largely unwarranted though. Hopefully people have got over the whole "not buying another striker" thing now.I wonder why the atmosphere was so much better last night, compared to Saturday?

[quote user="The young canary"]Some of us remember another Scottish Canary Manager who won a lot and play swosh buckling football

That is the benchmark and Neil is falling well short[/quote]Have you tried this on Villa fans by any chance?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]For some reason I always think the atmosphere is better at evening games[/quote]Oh aye, thats a factor. But Saturday and last night really were at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Don''t think the mood was that good at the owls and Bristol city games. The early goals last night and a very good first half got the crowd going. The mood was quite good at the cup game too albeit a smaller crowd and many new faces

I am delighted to win when we don''t play well, largely because over the years I have seen "plucky norwich" play well and get nothing for it.

However I do feel we should be more coherent and I am starting to wonder if AN knows his best eleven. I hope we click soon.

Last night, Jacob had scored twice in twelve minutes. On fifteen minutes the bloke behind moaned that he wasn''t defending properly and he only got his first because the keeper gave it to him. The same bloke whinged through the whole game, said we were rubbish, useless, and at the end said the only good thing was that he didn''t pay for his ticket.

That was the closest I''ve got to having a go at someone for being a nob.

There are clearly a lot of dissatisfied fans with what is going on.

Expectations are high and the reality is now where near the expectation

It''s going to be a bumpy few months unless the team gets is act together

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Last night, Jacob had scored twice in twelve minutes. On fifteen minutes the bloke behind moaned that he wasn''t defending properly and he only got his first because the keeper gave it to him. The same bloke whinged through the whole game, said we were rubbish, useless, and at the end said the only good thing was that he didn''t pay for his ticket.

That was the closest I''ve got to having a go at someone for being a nob.[/quote]This is exactly the point of this thread.These people exist.What the hell is wrong with them?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Last night, Jacob had scored twice in twelve minutes. On fifteen minutes the bloke behind moaned that he wasn''t defending properly and he only got his first because the keeper gave it to him. The same bloke whinged through the whole game, said we were rubbish, useless, and at the end said the only good thing was that he didn''t pay for his ticket.

That was the closest I''ve got to having a go at someone for being a nob.[/quote]

This is exactly the point of this thread.These people exist.What the hell is wrong with them?[/quote]

They''re human.  You should try it sometime.

But these people always have and always will exist, regardless of who owns the club, who manages the team, what league we are in, who plays in any set position

This isn''t an NCFC issue either, it will be the same at every ground up & down the country. Arsenal every season, Man Utd last few years. West Ham fans booed a home win at Upton Park a few years ago.

[quote user="The young canary"]Some of us remember another Scottish Canary Manager who won a lot and play swosh buckling football

That is the benchmark and Neil is falling well short[/quote]Yep, that Archie Macaulay was great I agree. [:D]

That is the benchmark and Neil is falling well short[/quote]

Was that the guy that destroyed Villa and Blackburn and knew it was all about to go wrong here so ran away ?

Think Culverhouse was really the brains