Sign in to follow this  
morty

Whats wrong with people?

Yeah we made it hard for ourselves (snigger) much like we did on Saturday, but we won.We''re in a great position in the league, we have young players emerging, with great players not even featuring yet, but still people are tripping over their own faces. Quoting nonsense like "Oh had that team been better, we would have lost".Seriously, can anyone explain it to me?

The rancid whiff of bin still hangs around this forum, which might go someway to explaining much.Similarly with the youngsters there was endless whining on here about Maddison going out on loan. Possibly the same set of whiners who griped about the Murphy twins spending a season elsewhere. Now look at them. Cannot ever remember us having this many good youngsters coming through. Or having virtually a full house for a game against a club like Wigan.My thought is that the whiners can far cough.

[quote user="arthur sixpence"]The rancid whiff of bin still hangs around this forum, which might go someway to explaining much.Similarly with the youngsters there was endless whining on here about Maddison going out on loan. Possibly the same set of whiners who griped about the Murphy twins spending a season elsewhere. Now look at them. Cannot ever remember us having this many good youngsters coming through. Or having virtually a full house for a game against a club like Wigan.My thought is that the whiners can far cough.[/quote]Wise words.

for many the club and the team can do nothing right, seems moaning about absolutely everything is the cool thing to do, and being almost anyone saying anything positive gets labelled a happy clapper or whatever it is easier to follow the moaning crowd

[quote user="canarywales"]for many the club and the team can do nothing right, seems moaning about absolutely everything is the cool thing to do, and being almost anyone saying anything positive gets labelled a happy clapper or whatever it is easier to follow the moaning crowd[/quote]Indeed.Some random started talking at me in the pub after the game, and he sounded like we had lost.I just don''t get it.

me neither, but doom and gloom seems the way forward whatever the club does, pretty pointless to moan constantly about a club they support, must be some sort of disease come over the Suffolk border as they do nothing but moan as well

[quote user="canarywales"]me neither, but doom and gloom seems the way forward whatever the club does, pretty pointless to moan constantly about a club they support, must be some sort of disease come over the Suffolk border as they do nothing but moan as well[/quote]Said it so many times, if it makes you that unhappy, find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.I guess some just love a whinge.

Oh and...[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsjh68aiu3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsjh68aiu3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Most people are basking in the glory. I don''t see many so called binners tonight.Yes [Y][/quote]The forum is strangely quiet[:D]Says a lot.

Last time we were in this division we actually struggled to beat these teams, that''s what''s always been good about the championship it''s competitive from top to bottom. Our problem is a growing section of our support are entitled t**ts.

It''s a sense of unease I think akin to when Hughton was our manager and many were content merely because we were outside the relegation zone despite the fact many could see what was likely to happen because of how we were playing and the fixtures we had at the end of the season.

the team, balance and performance levels are not right and whilst I''m not advocating sacking the manager he needs to get it sorted soon because we will not beat the better teams playing like this.

Jim Smith wrote:

''''the team, balance and performance levels are not right and whilst I''m not advocating sacking the manager he needs to get it sorted soon because we will not beat the better teams playing like this. ''''

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

+1

My God, its like some of you begrudge your own team a win.Newcastle won away by six goals last night, is that the benchmark now? Anything less against Forest won''t be good enough?There is a whole section of fans waiting till we lose so they can proclaim "See, see!! I told you we were rubbish"Sickening.

Morty

I''m obviously pleased we won but the elation of victory is tempered a little by the fact I don''t feel we are playing very well or close to the level we are capable of and that worries me a bit because its not a one off. If it transpires that we raise our game away at St James''s Park and play at a different level then fine but its not always easy to do that.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Morty

I''m obviously pleased we won but the elation of victory is tempered a little by the fact I don''t feel we are playing very well or close to the level we are capable of and that worries me a bit because its not a one off. If it transpires that we raise our game away at St James''s Park and play at a different level then fine but its not always easy to do that.[/quote]You certainly hide any elation very well.....

You only have to read this board and you will see a good percentage of it actually talk like they''ve got their FA coaching badges already. I''m sure it''s the same on other clubs message boards too.

Unfortunately, this new found ''expertise'' is increasingly leading to an inability to really enjoy what matters because the tactics were wrong...

It was a game of two halves against a side that will be in and around the relegation mix. First half we could and should have been 3 or 4 up. Second half we were awful not helped by Pritchard coming on for tettey which made us imbalanced mulumu should have come on then. We were fortunate in the end to won a game which we should have done easily. Yes a win but mixed performance. The next two away games will be a better test of where we are

I don''t want to sound like the poster named ''T'' but some people need to get out a bit more.I work with a Cardiff & a Fulham fan and regularly visit our office in Carlisle which has a mix of Carlisle, Newcastle & Sunderland fans. They always surprise me with their in depth knowledge of the whole football league (it must be the longer nights up north) and they all have a higher opinion of us than some of the posters on here.

[quote user="Alex "]You only have to read this board and you will see a good percentage of it actually talk like they''ve got their FA coaching badges already. I''m sure it''s the same on other clubs message boards too.

Unfortunately, this new found ''expertise'' is increasingly leading to an inability to really enjoy what matters because the tactics were wrong...[/quote]You''re right, people have lost touch somewhat.Heres something that I like....[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/14322695_10153749372895877_871624092869220447_n_zpsnc8touiv.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/14322695_10153749372895877_871624092869220447_n_zpsnc8touiv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I think there''s a middle ground here Morty.

I''m obviously very pleased with the result yesterday and the fact we''ve started well. 14 points from 7 games is a very good start. You only have to look at Villa, currently stranded on 6 points to see things are pretty good.

However, I think it isn''t unfair to say that quite a few of the performances have been unconvincing. You''re not to play well and belt teams every week over a 46 games season. I''ve watched this league for far too many years to know that.

But it is concerning how twice in the space of a week we''ve failed to manage games properly and turned what should have been relatively comfortable wins into rather nail biting finishes.

I am also concerned by how badly the team had faded in both games, particularly yesterday''s. We have had wretched luck with injuries and hopefully that is the main reason for us tiring in games at the moment. However, it was a feature that blighted us throughout last year - West Ham (twice) being a good example. It''s not a new problem and it''s even a concern Michael Bailey as flagged up with Neil.

It''s worth also remembering that 3 of the 4 wins have come against sides currently stuck in the bottom 4. You, of course, have to put these teams away (and we didn''t last time we played Wigan) but I think a truer test of our credentials will be a game away to Forest on Saturday. Which will be very difficult.

We''re doing well and we''ve got some cracking players like Oliveira and Brady to come back into the mix yet and other players to come back. So I am very much encouraged overall.

However, I do think we will need to improve to mount a sustained challenge for promotion.

Theres always a middle ground. But honestly I talked to a guy in the pub after the game, and he was utterly despondent.If folks can''t find at least a glimmer of happiness from last night then they really should be re evaluating how they spend their free time. Seriously if football made me as miserable as some of them, I''d be jacking it in.No the performances haven''t been convincing, but I agree re injuries, the manager has had to tinker because he has been forced to.Like you say, Canos, Oliveira, Brady, we have some real quality waiting to come back.

We are in a great position to kick position to kick on from here and have a good challenging season;

I remain convinced that the only thing that will stop us from from finishing in the top 6 is ourselves; over come the relegation hangover, lose the arrogance and recover from the lack of drive / graft and some how remember how to defend; if we apply ourselves (and I dont think thats happening at the moment) we can finish in the auto spaces.

But its clear we are spluttering at the moment and the players, as well as the manager, need to want to put that right.

An great opportunity on saturday; the players must grasp it.

I would take that a stage further ZLF, and say the only thing stopping us finishing in the top 2, is ourselves.

That is not borne out of arrogance, but a self critical look at our squad, and potential quality, over others. Now, the key is for most of the starting 11, having 8 out of 10, performances, each game, and I believe we will get automatic promotion. Not all can perform, to that level , all the time, but a majority, will get the job done, I am convinced.

I would suggest most people sit somewhere in Jacko''s middle ground. It is only some of the more extremely negative types on here and some weirdo in the pub that don''t actually enjoy us winning.

I agree, at the end of the day Morty, a win is a win and people should always enjoy them.

Particularly after last year when they were particularly thin on the ground. But I do understand why there are concerns about us playing some of the bigger hitters in the league - time will soon tell, if those concerns are founded. Hopefully, Forest will cast that all to one side.

Whilst I sound horribly defeatist I do believe that the whole division is playing for 2nd place behind Newcastle but I see absolutely no reason why we can''t be the team that does it, if we tighten up.

Particularly, as big spending Villa have already handed us an 8 point head start (albeit with a game in hand) and we''re well placed in relation to other teams.