Sign in to follow this  
Bill

City v Forest (1975)

Blimey 41 years ago and just goes to show how memories come flooding back. What a tireless workhorse Phil Boyer was.

Great find. Yes, that third goal was pure class; perhaps should be dissected at Colney. I''d forgotten that SuperMac was such a good team player........

Gerry Harrison still doing it for Sky. Bit before my time but remember 2-6 reversal to Forest some Irish kid named Keane (2 goals) took us apart after Tim Sherwood scored opener. Lets hope for a performance on Saturday. Possibly Roy Keane debut or first goals did same as another Irish lad Keane Robbie did for Wolves at Carra.

pete once again being able to find a negativeotherwise what a season.dumped out of the top tier the season before with both Villa and Man Utd, City once again bounced back at the first time, with an appearance at Wembley as well a great cup run that seems to have been forgotten ..... four replays and a double header in the semi finals against Man Utd.... and yes we beat the binners again on the way... yet againand we won away at Pompey in the penultimate game (a bit ''hairy'' that)great days

The cup run included the best scrap I''ve ever seen on a football pitch. Not you normal handbags but two players belting the hell out of each other. It was Charlie Boyer & a Sheffield Utd player name escapes me, but it went on long enough for Ken Brown (then assistant) to get up from the bench & sprint down the line to split them up. Ended in a 2-2 draw..the match not the fight

Was that the last time we scored from a cross? :)

We were in the ''dark shorts'', which is probably the same thinking, as to why we are wearing our 2nd strip tomorrow...............

I think the ''dark shorts'' comment was made as most would have still had black and white sets then.much as with the snooker commentator Ted Lowe''s words " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green."

Perhaps the other one is still in the wash. It would have been a bit difficult trying to get all the shirts etc dry with all those storms. The Football League don''t think of these sort of things when they put all these games so close together.

Pfft.

Obvious foul before the first goal.

Forest were on the beach.

Nice move for the third goal but spot the copper non-plussed as the celebrations ensue. Bound to be Til1010.

Anyway, we''d never have won that had we played a better side.

Football was so simple then, get the ball out wide to the tricky winger and get the ball into the box, no diamonds, zonal marking and false nines, has the game become too technical?. I really do believe that these days we over complicate what is basically a very simple game......