Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Score v Forest

Pinto and Brady

depends on how bad their injuries were but hope we are not rushing them back and hope they are 100 % fit

No tettey and maybe a few niggles

3-1 forest

This is a tough one with a slightly unpredictable Forest. I think Neil by the sound of things is going to try and contain...he said he went with an aggressive team selection at Birmingham (!) and it back-fired. So, that means we will try and keep it tight. On that basis I see very few goals but think the home win is more of a banker. 2-1 or 1-0 therefore from me. I think the reality of the Champs might start to sink in. Of course you would hope that we will completely dominate, Newcastle style, but I no longer think Neil has that mindset. As usual one of those periods of hope on a Friday night / Saturday morning awaits!

The pessimist in me says a complete unraveling by Forest. I won''t predict the hammering.

The optimist says a slight win by 2-1. With Brady and Olsson both in the team, that''s a damn sexy left wing though.

I wanna see some Pritchard and some Murphy action from the off

"I agree with Pete that ideally we will score more goals than them, but failing that we''d want to score the same number. Scoring fewer goals than them would be the least desirable outcome in my view."

Brilliant! I was thinking exactly the same thing!

Unfortunately I don''t feel too confident about tomorrow. Tettey is a big loss and I''d take a draw at this stage.

What about:

McGovern

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson

Mulumbu Dorrans

Howson Wes Ja. Murphy

Jerome

Brady, Pritchard, Canos, Bennett, Lafferty, Whittaker, Ruddy

If Brady has to start, Dorrans to miss out with Howson playing deep. Mulumbu needs to be disciplined against a pacy and sharp Forest midfield/attack. With no evidence whatsoever, I still hold out the hope that Mulumbu could come good and Tettey could miss big chunks of this season

Pointless trying to estimate the score of this game until we know about the formation and team selection.

[quote user="Jools"]Pointless trying to estimate the score of this game until we know about the formation and team selection. [/quote]For instance, if Tettey''s out, surely Neil''s thus far favoured 4-2-3-1 where two defensive-midfielders are required has to be rendered null & void?

[quote user="morty"]I have never made my mind up if Mulumbu can play the Tettey role. He seems more box to box.

I wonder if we''ll see a formation change?[/quote]

Id love to see Thompson given a chance, he''s looked good in the DM role admittedly only in the Cup and under 23 matches. I know itl never happen as AN wont throw him in at the deep end or consider it the right time, but jesus if these young guys never play when will they ever get the "nous" and experience?

[quote user="Spillay"][quote user="morty"]I have never made my mind up if Mulumbu can play the Tettey role. He seems more box to box.

Id love to see Thompson given a chance, he''s looked good in the DM role admittedly only in the Cup and under 23 matches. I know itl never happen as AN wont throw him in at the deep end or consider it the right time, but jesus if these young guys never play when will they ever get the "nous" and experience?[/quote]If DM is his natural position, then I would say go for it.

[quote user="Spillay"][quote user="morty"]I have never made my mind up if Mulumbu can play the Tettey role. He seems more box to box.

Id love to see Thompson given a chance, he''s looked good in the DM role admittedly only in the Cup and under 23 matches. I know itl never happen as AN wont throw him in at the deep end or consider it the right time, but jesus if these young guys never play when will they ever get the "nous" and experience?[/quote][Y] Thompson''s the only natural DM next to Tettey we have on the books and he should line up alongside Mulumbu against Forest if Tettey''s injured and Neil wrongly persists with the 4-2-3-1.

Really cannot predict a score for this, but if we get a hiding, then with Newcastle away the next one, could be a bad run of away defeats. Its not so much ive lack of confidence in the players, but Alexs inability to field the right guys and / or right formation. Would love to see Thompson get a go, or at least on the bench, but apart from the Murphys Alex has not yet given the young uns a chance. Really think tomorrow and Newcastle could define our away  form this season one way or another.

[quote user="Jools"]Pointless trying to estimate the score of this game until we know about the formation and team selection. [/quote]No pivot, no prediction.

Mcgovern

Pinto Martin Klose Olssen

Howson Dorrans

Ja Murphy Pritchard Brady

Jerome

Time to give Hoolahan a rest but on bench with Canos Bennett Ruddy Mulumbu Josh Murphy and Naismith

2-0 Norwich

Judging by what AN''s said, I think the starting line up will be ;

McGovern, Pinto, Martin, Klose, Olsson, Dorrans, Howson, Hoolahan, Ja Murphy, Jerome.

[quote user="Alex "]Judging by what AN''s said, I think the starting line up will be ;

McGovern, Pinto, Martin, Klose, Olsson, Dorrans, Howson, Hoolahan, Ja Murphy, Jerome.[/quote]

Hmmm....that would be a different kind of line up.  [;)]

Still think Mulumbu is going to have some influence this season, so -               McGovernPinto     Martin    Klose    Olsson   Howson Mulumbu  Dorrans         Hoolahan  Ja Murphy                         Jerome