Sign in to follow this  
Davo

Clean sheets

Great Result today! Chuffed to bits!

One day we will get a clean sheet!?!? Maybe. Why can''t we get one?

I know it''s not just about the keeper, but out of interest and after today''s match who would you have:

Ruddy

Or

McGovern

??????

[quote user="Davo"]Great Result today! Chuffed to bits!

One day we will get a clean sheet!?!? Maybe. Why can''t we get one?

I know it''s not just about the keeper, but out of interest and after today''s match who would you have:

Ruddy

Or

McGovern

??????[/quote]I have to say the thing that bothers me least is keeping a clean sheet.McGovern.

McGovern hasn''t done anything to warrant being dropped. Ruddy was dropped last season for a string of poor performances as was Rudd when Ruddy then came back.

McGovern, on the whole has looked solid and little he could do with the goals conceded (haven''t seen today''s though)

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]McGovern hasn''t done anything to warrant being dropped. Ruddy was dropped last season for a string of poor performances as was Rudd when Ruddy then came back.

McGovern, on the whole has looked solid and little he could do with the goals conceded (haven''t seen today''s though)[/quote]click here

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]McGovern hasn''t done anything to warrant being dropped. Ruddy was dropped last season for a string of poor performances as was Rudd when Ruddy then came back.

McGovern, on the whole has looked solid and little he could do with the goals conceded (haven''t seen today''s though)[/quote]As with most (if not all) of the goals we have conceded since MM has been in between the sticks, today''s goal was not a goalkeeping error, but a result of the defence not reacting quick enough to the second ball in the penalty area. If we can start getting to the second ball first I have no doubt we will begin keeping clean sheets.