Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Forest Match Thread

5 mins of stoppage time is absolutely disgusting, would love to see that jusitified. Still, great tactics and management from the boss today, and an impressive and thoroughly deserved win.

Excellent comeback and win.  Another good 3 points.  Absolutely nothing to moan about today in my book.  Well done City.

Agreed Oldrobert. Losing at half time we have confounded the 80% rule (that 8/10 times when you''re winning at half time you never lose a match....which Forest managed to do). Cannot ask for more. Expected a narrow loss today as well so this is sweet

The mark of a promotion team is to be able to win from behind away from home. Against one of these shiny pined for foreign investor''s clubs too. Great day for us happy clappers.

Here''s to absent friends :)

Excellent stuff, sounded like we bossed it on the Radio. Going fishing with a Newcastle fan tomorrow, i shall enjoy the day very much indeed.

Very excited with that today. Showed good fighting spirit to come back from the pen miss and going behind away from home. Stuff of a top team to come back and win.

Long way to go but we can really look forward with confidence.

OTBC

Disappointing lack of game appreciation this afternoon from OldRobert, Herman and sonyc. Nothing to moan about? What the hell were we playing at sending so many forward for the late corner? Forest broke, Olsson didn''t block, and Osborne could well have scored. Would have needlessly surrendered at least two points against a better team. Brainless. Awful. Won''t be back in the top flight next season unless we stop making these poor decisions. And I''ll be back saying "I told you so". [:P] [:D]

Yep, nothing to moan about mate. But then Why pick on other posters to make points? Are people on here not genuine supporters? Might they probably be a bit like you? Look at yourself in the mirror tomorrow morning. Look hard. And when you can stop making criticism about yourself then you have the right to take a pop. But I dare say you''ll find something to find fault for in yourself. And if you don''t, start to worry.

He was being lighthearted Sonyc, not having a pop at us[Y]No worries LDC. Hope it worked alright. My internet''s a bit bitty at the moment, so assumed it would work properly for others.

Fantastic two weeks away, walking the hills of Kewsick and being isolated from 4g & wifi apart from a couple nights at the pub.

Great three results, is it coincidence that Naismith has been dropped allowing Wes his natural position and the knock on effect of getting the most out of the Murphy twins without the constant negative moaning they get from Naismith?

Good to see Martin back in, though I believe his best at RB, he does bring a calming influence for 85 minutes :-)

Was great to listen to the match, but funny pa,ssing the coaches on the coming the other way about 10:30 on the kings lynn road.

Dorrans goal sounds like a great finish.

Better and far more encouraging performance today. Seem to have a bit of our attacking mojo back and some pleasing hints of team spirit too. Still worrying lack of picking men up from crosses on a couple of occasions (including their goal) and I''d prefer Wes not to take pens but all in all we are in a promising position, despite a few pretty ropey performances of late.

Feel we are better balanced without a central midfielder playing wide and hope we won''t see Howson shoved out there again. If we need to play Tettey to hold in some games (as we will) then Neil will just have to rest one of the others rather than shoe horsing three Cms into the line up.

Jacob appears to be growing in stature by the game.

Well if that is the case Herman then Westcoast deserves an apology from me. Sorry, maybe too much irony for a simpleton like me.

Too many people just like to chide others on this forum and I try not to get involved. Often I ignore and let it pass but sometimes you have to mind your back I guess.

Went today, been back a little while now and still buzzing off the performance. First half wasnt great but wasnt dire either and second half we looked like champions elect. Play like that 2nd half display every week and we''ll destroy most teams in this division. Two brilliant goals and could have been a fewmore if not for a misplaced pass here and there and a missed pen. Never been a big Dorrans fan but he bossed it today and howson was awesome too. Great performances all over the pitch and some of the nicest football iv seen us play in years. Well done to the lads. Big result and a big performance today.

Have to say I was pleased that Neil seems to be showing his backbone in still not picking Naismith in the 18 not that I am a Naismith hater. But it shows he is selecting a winning team ( albeit today a far more progressive performance) and maybe they will begin to click better.

We won''t get away with no holding midfielder every week but Tetteys injury may have unwittingly pointed Neil in the direction of his best team for games where we can get the ball down and play. Much better balance with Howson central and Dorrans picking passes.