Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Jacob Murphy

Just a note to say I think we have looked FAR more threatening from corners with Murph taking them. He overhit one corner out for a goal kick yesterday, but aside from that all of them were whipped into the danger zone and caused Forest problems, including the one that dropped to Howson for his goal. I don''t remember any of them hitting the first man.
Also pleasing to see him playing with confidence, picking up the ball, driving towards the area and looking to unleash the early shot. We need players to be taking pot-shots from range to keep the defence open, as if we don''t have anyone doing that, then the defence can sit in the box in numbers and wait for us to try and tippy-tappy our way through the wall of defenders. When players like Dorrans and Murph are shooting from range, it means some of them have to close down the shot, giving us more space to play in the box.
He''s quickly embedding himself as an integral player in this team. Good on the lad for seizing his opportunity.

Early days for him yet Has time on side to be a decent player at this level.Needs to improve fitness to move up a level but promising signs.

100% agree Kick it Off.

He already looks like the best corner taker we''ve had in a while. Hits the ball in with decent pace and 9 times out of 10 he gets it right into the danger area.

As well as yesterday''s goal from his corner Howson''s (originally Martin''s) goal against Cardiff also came from a Jacob corner.

Was just discussing this, and I proclaim Jacob a proper footballer.He is no longer promising, or up and coming.He genuinely, and absolutely looked the part yesterday.I hope they are paying close attention to his contract.

[quote user="morty"]Was just discussing this, and I proclaim Jacob a proper footballer.He is no longer promising, or up and coming.He genuinely, and absolutely looked the part yesterday.I hope they are paying close attention to his contract.[/quote]

Fully agree about attention on Murphy''s contracts!

When I was on friendly with Peterborough this summer I saw one manager with Bentley car who was very close to them all the time before and after the game.

They are young and British so plenty of interest should be and agents this days is a nightmare for clubs asking his clients to move so often.

Rio Ferdinand tweeted extolling his virtues and his two goals, the other day.People are starting to take notice.

Alex Neil has assured us that both the lads contracts are well in hand so I wouldn''t fret about losing Jacob or Josh anytime soon. Am I right in thinking they''re both City supporters as well as players? With all due respect to Nathan Redmond, I''ve not noticed he''s even gone.