Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Forest fans angered by Norwich time-wasting etc..

And I actually couldn''t be happier.

Sounds like we''ve become a bit more streetwise and sounded like we saw out the game quite well.

Posts on Forest forums such as:

"Instead of coming away from the game impressed with Norwich, I just got a great feeling of dislike for them. The referee could and should have stopped the cynical bastards from wasting what could have been 10 minutes in the 2nd half alone."

Tells me we''re learning our lessons.

They got 5 minutes of added time out of it, what more do they want?I didn''t think our time wasting was excessive at all.

Didn''t see any yellow cards for time wasting, tbh i thought we did what any team would do when defending a 2-1 away lead, slow the game down when opposition is trying to up the tempo, pretty normal tactics really.

Agreed, no more so than any other team leading 2-1 away from home!

Mind you I thought we started time wasting against Wigan - and that was in the first half!

All in favour of time wasting. Just reflect on Boro''s approach when they beat us in the league towards the end of the last championship season. This is the approach to emulate. Looks like we''re beginning to learn.

Actually Highland, we did the same thing to Bournemouth in Alex Neil''s very first game in charge so I wouldn''t say the majority of this team don''t know how to do it. Exercising it has sometimes been a different matter at times though!.

Injury time is a mixed blessing, remember Klopp blowing a Gasket when 5 mins was held up, we equalised, he nearly cried, then they won the game and it was all ok again.

Fickle Fecker.

Time wasting that annoys me is people feigning injury like the Boro keeper going down at CR when he''d collected the ball in acres of space. There was none of that yesterday.

Yes when we were in the last 10 mins Jerome and Brady did a good job of keeping the ball in the corner but that''s a completely legitimate tactic and its down to the other side to win the ball back. Yes McGovern wasn''t in a hurry to take goal kicks but not bad enough to get a card and I''ve seen lots worse. In fact if any teams including Forest are defending a 1 goal lead at CR this season I expect to see much worse !

That was a comment made on a Forest forum that was laden with compliments about how we played so is somebody looking for a stick to beat our performance yesterday with ? I am sure someone will know. [:D]

And then there was Robbie Savage ....

Never sure if he was trying to milk the last few minutes as somekind of tribute to his ''great career'', or hoping to thwart Cityin  getting all three points.Either way it failed