Sign in to follow this  
morty

Performance.

Was a great today, and just mentioned on another thread, the highlight was the city fan going into the home section and cuddling baldy.

Last season was tough, we need a league between champs and PL !

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Was a great today, and just mentioned on another thread, the highlight was the city fan going into the home section and cuddling baldy.

Last season was tough, we need a league between champs and PL ![/quote]Not as crazy as it sounds....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Oh dear, a performance and a result, away days back to normal ![/quote]Really enjoyed today, last season was hard work following away![/quote]

Too true, I don''t recall seeing us win once! Still haven''t got my money back so will get a decent booing session in at Fulham 😉

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Oh dear, a performance and a result, away days back to normal ![/quote]Really enjoyed today, last season was hard work following away![/quote]

Too true, I don''t recall seeing us win once! Still haven''t got my money back so will get a decent booing session in at Fulham 😉[/quote]I think my last away win was Sunderland, right at the beginning of the season!

I''ve been thinking that this is a clever thread because it focuses posters on issues that have got the heart of what a lot of fans here have been posting about ......without purely splitting people into two camps (Neil in/ Neil out, Delia out/New investors etc etc) . Such posts have the usual tendency to send threads derailing, descending into personal attacks.

With this thread it''s refreshing to read back all kinds of thoughtful and reflective takes on what people are thinking on tactics, formations, patterns etc whilst watching our games and makes you think more as a result. Certainly it has deepened my understanding of low of things. As for wanting to be more convinced I am perhaps 25% more so after yesterday and that represents a big move. Onwards and upwards and we certainly could take top spot next weekend.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Oh dear, a performance and a result, away days back to normal ![/quote]Really enjoyed today, last season was hard work following away![/quote]Couldn''t agree more Morty ( and it was a pleasure to find ourselves sitting together wasn''t it ? [;)] )I said after the Wigan game I thought we were very lucky to get that result but yesterday''s 2-1 success was something else. Thoroughly deserved the win and never looked in danger during that 2nd half where we looked completely in control. Only our fourth ever win thereGreat beer, great company [:^)][;)], great day out.

Morty wrote ''I think my last away win was Sunderland, right at the beginning of the season!''

What I''d have done to see that game buddy, a sweet win - I think Lee Cattermole is one of my most hated footballers, not because he''s in his 20''s and his middle name is Barry, but because he''s the dirtiest bastardo of a footballer outside of Ipshite (see the return game at Carrow Rd for a prime example), he''s up there with Muscat for me!

I''m not kidding mate, about three quarters of the way through the second half I heard him say " we''re gonna win this".

Heard it with my own ears.

It was certainly the most encouraging performance since the opening day. I agree that ultimately results are all that matters and if we managed to go up playing poorly all season I don''t think anyone would care too much but I also think it''s fair to say we are more likely to win if we are playing to our capabilities and with the kind of midfield and attacking fluidity we saw on Saturday. It''s been the lack of that which has been worrying so Saturday was reassuring. I''m also sending some genuine team spirit for the first time in a few weeks and yes that includes the fans. Hopefully we can get back to a much more upbeat atmosphere.