Sign in to follow this  
morty

Performance.

Bearing in mind how much we have all been discussing the performance level over the two matches, if we play well tomorrow, but lose, will the team be given credit for it?Or if we scrape a one nil win, will that still be "unconvincing"?

As I said in another thread, has the Newcastle away win at QPR set an unrealistic benchmark, in some fans heads?

[quote user="Loopzilla"]Hello, is this the right room for an argument?[/quote]Yes.Take a seat, and I''ll be with you in a minute.

Well Morty I want a performance. This is what will build belief, style and had the potential for a sustained attack in this division. So if we manage to have two good halves ( even at Blackburn we had a poorish 20 minutes) then no complaints from me. I''m happy where we sit in the table but remain unconvinced by the strategy and selections and how players don''t yet seem to have gelled. Give it 10/12 games and it will emerge ( I mean the likely pattern of the season). These next 3/4 games are fascinating. Which way will we go?!

[quote user="sonyc"]Well Morty I want a performance. This is what will build belief, style and had the potential for a sustained attack in this division. So if we manage to have two good halves ( even at Blackburn we had a poorish 20 minutes) then no complaints from me. I''m happy where we sit in the table but remain unconvinced by the strategy and selections and how players don''t yet seem to have gelled. Give it 10/12 games and it will emerge ( I mean the likely pattern of the season). These next 3/4 games are fascinating. Which way will we go?![/quote]While I take your point, you would rather have a good performance and lose, over a scrappy one nil win?

So, sonyc, if in half a dozen games , we are in the top two, and clear of the rest, by say, 5-7 points, but we haven''t peaked, performance wise, how (un) happy would you be?

Have Newcastle just come up with their performance of the season already, in September?

For me if we get the 3 points I don''t GAS how. Forest have some good payers sorry players and it''s not easy to win there. A draw is not bad either.

A defeat would depend on the manner - yes, a good performance and a narrow or undeserved defeat eg bad ref decisions is not bad although hard to see how it could be better than "not bad".

[quote user="Loopzilla"]Morty wrote:

"Yes.

Take a seat, and I''ll be with you in a minute."

No you won''t...[/quote]Excellent.That will be £20 please.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Win 1st every time, performances will follow.[/quote]But so much has been made of how we barely deserved to win the last two games, and had those teams been better ones, we''d have got beaten.[:)]

If we play well and lose, Neil has to go. He''said lost the dressing room.

If we play badly and win, Neil has to go. The players don''t want to play for him.

If we play reasonably well and draw, Neil needs to go because we should be beating teams like Forest.

If we play well and win then he has just about lived up to expectations.

Morty wrote;

But so much has been made of how we barely deserved to win the last two games, and had those teams been better ones, we''d have got beaten.

Smile [:)]

Morty they may be right, possibly not, we will never know, i was at Birmingham and it was a poor show all round, these 2 home wins will help confidence grow and a win tomorrow takes a bit closer to more confidence, spoke to a Derby fan today, they have scored one goal in all league games so far, he says their confidence is so fragile right now, no leaders in their team.

Would love a Brady, Martin or Hoolahan over there right now, and he is what i consider a proper football fan, over 20 years following his team home and away, they have a very rich foreign owner, spent loads of money, packed stadium every game, but would swap with us in a heartbeat.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Morty wrote;

But so much has been made of how we barely deserved to win the last two games, and had those teams been better ones, we''d have got beaten.

Smile [:)]

Morty they may be right, possibly not, we will never know, i was at Birmingham and it was a poor show all round, these 2 home wins will help confidence grow and a win tomorrow takes a bit closer to more confidence, spoke to a Derby fan today, they have scored one goal in all league games so far, he says their confidence is so fragile right now, no leaders in their team.

Would love a Brady, Martin or Hoolahan over there right now, and he is what i consider a proper football fan, over 20 years following his team home and away, they have a very rich foreign owner, spent loads of money, packed stadium every game, but would swap with us in a heartbeat.[/quote]Surely not, with our little old, poor owners[;)]Yeah didn''t see that coming with Derby, they have consistently spent a fair bit of cash over the last few seasons, and would be an easy tip for top 3 or 4. Early doors yet mind.

Their fans reckon that Pearson has upset the dressing room already, and the players are scared s***less of him, and he may have to go before things improve. Long long way to go for sure, for every team including Newcastle.

it''s a tough league with lots of games and a part of that will be constantly having to rest and rotate so I''m happy for us to keep picking up unconvincing wins. we still get to enjoy some decent goals and emerging talents so I don''t sm really see the problem if it continues to be the case. I think the main problem is the "if" part of that.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]A win is a win.

What worries me is when we play one o the more fancied teams. Ie Brighton, toon....

we are winning games in 2nd gear but tbh nothing is convincing me we have a 3rd gear atm.[/quote]

Worried about Brighton? Under Houghton?

Little old Norwich.....😂

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="can u sit down please"]A win is a win.

What worries me is when we play one o the more fancied teams. Ie Brighton, toon....

we are winning games in 2nd gear but tbh nothing is convincing me we have a 3rd gear atm.[/quote]

Worried about Brighton? Under Houghton?

Little old Norwich.....😂[/quote][:D]

Cant get anywhere near the starting line up Crabby, and Shackell was their best distributor of the ball from the back last season and can''t pass water this season so far (Rammies words not mine)

@morty.....there are few things nicer than a 1-0 win away actually and I tend to think we have really ground out a result if we do that but would I like to see poor football every week and yet somehow scratch results then the answer is no for me. I am a purist and like free flowing football. Same even with the teams on the TV. It gets turned off quickly when I get bored. It''s an entertainment thing and Norwich or not I want BOTH! But an interesting question. I want to see some style....or rather philosophically speaking....what is the point of it all, life included. It''s about making the most of it while we are here. And City managers need to understand that!