Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Redmond or j murphy

Both have talent and pace, will be exciting to see who gos on to have a good season.If had to choose would go Murphy as he is starting to believe.

Odd thread. We have sold Redmond and Redmond wanted to leave. No choice required.

Murphy looks like a gifted player with a point to prove. Long may it continue

Redmond is probably a better player overall. Murphy has certainly impressed so far and has bags of potential. Playing each week will help him improve too. Redmond didn''t want to be here anymore whereas Murphy is certainly passionate about his club. Hard to compare the two like that but Murphy is certainly providing the goods so far and long may that continue!

Southampton v Swansea"My word. Nathan Redmond has missed a sitter. The Southampton forward

does all the hard work, smartly cutting inside a Swans defender to leave

him staring into the whites of Lukasz Fabianski''s eyes. Composure! No.

Redmond blazes wildly over the bar."
Says it all for me - no end product more often than not

Can only tell with time.

Redmond is a special player but no longer ours.

Jacob is, and started this championship season superbly, add better defending and playing in prem and he too will move on. I look forward to his continued improvement

Having watched Redmond since he arrived aged 19, I thought he took far longer to gain the poise and instinctive ability to read the game which Jacob seems to be showing. Time will tell, but Jacob looks to be something special indeed. Let''s hope Josh can follow suit.

Have to say the highlights look like he has a little more tone and bulk on him, his delivery was excellent and his composure on the ball is getting better every game.

If he carries on this season he will have as big an impact on this season as Redders did last time in the championship.

As others, I believe he''s already in his last season and I''m hoping a contract is already being sorted or I can see the likes of a lower league premiership club sniffing in January!

Said for years both Murphy boys have it in them and the more they play the better they will get, both could be as good if not better than Redders, it''s up to them and our club to push them on.

I think he already looks more effective than Redmond, more likely to make things happen. And has a lot more strength than Redmond, which makes him hard to close out. Still has a lot to learn but that also still true of Redmond.

If we don''t get him on an extended contract we''re crazy , if it''s true this is his final year.

Danny Murphy singing Redmond''s praises on MOTD2.

"Man of the match by a mile"

You also all seem to be overlooking that Jacob is the first City player in a long time who actually takes a corner that goes into the danger area, rather than too long or short.

He''s a real talent and his brother ain''t half bad either, just needs a little more time to find his feet.

Redmond was my number one City player for the last two seasons and I regretted his loss.

The OP''s question should really be Redmond or Jacob Murphy + £10m in the bank.

My emphatic response to this is to prefer the latter every time.

Not forgetting Josh as well whom I had always assumed was the more advanced of the two. What happened last season to change this?

I am just hoping that Canos doesn''t get sidelined too often by the emergence of these two.

Why did we buy Jarvis? It didn''t seem much of an idea at the time, but now it nearly rivals the purchase of Naismith in the stakes for very poor decision making.

when we bought Jarvis both the redmonds where pretty much ublooded but now they have come on leaps and bounds it cant be a bad thing

lol you can see I had no sleep

both the murphy brothers I should have read

will teach me to read previous comments as I type

Probably the case, and although hindsight is a wonderful thing the emergence of the Murphy twins just emphasises the poor decision making involved in paying what we did (£££m+?) and at the time for Jarvis considering his moderate quality and injury record.

His presence in the squad hardly made one iota of difference in our quest to avoid relegation.

Now I see him as more or less surplus to requirements and probably as a high earner.

We''ll see. perhaps he''ll be capable of resurrecting the form that saw his selected for England once back in action. Still rather he were off the books though.

Redmond is the better player at the moment. Jacob is doing a good job of closing the gab between them, though.

Redmond is better with the ball at his feet, Murphy seems better at playing the ball (passing, shooting, crossing etc)

I''d also say that although Redmond started miles ahead in his development than the Murphey''s that Redmond has only improved as a player slightly in the last 3 years whereas both Murphys have come on loads and Ja.Murphy has now got to the stage where he really isn''t too far behind Redmond.

They''re different types of players. Redmond is much more skillful but both Murphey''s are quicker, stronger and have always had a good final ball in their locker.

I think Redmond has the potential to be the next Aaron Lennon whereas the Murphys could develop more into Michael Antonio type players. Less flash but much more substance

Murphy all the way, he''s one of our own.

I liked Redmond and was sorry to see him go, but he has had much more exposure to higher league football and my money would be on Murphy developing further than Redmond will in his career.

Different types of player.  Murphy (both of them) have raw pace as well as skill.  Redmond had good acceleration over five yards and quick feet, but not the pace some people seemed to think he had.  The Murphys are likely to be more exciting to watch overall and it is great to see them both get a chance.  Redmond developed his career at Norwich from a raw young forward player, to a player that tried to adapt to being a winger and providing good crosses, to a player that was able to do everything much better by the time he left.  For me the Murphys have that something extra - the ability to excite. Their ability to score from nothing is mouth watering sometimes - that goal at Blackburn was simply superb by Jacob.   Jacob may have the edge at the moment over his brother, but imo thy will mirror each other pretty much over the course of their careers.  Really great we had Redmond and his fantastic goals were key to our promotion, but the king has gone - long live the new kings!

Comparisons are never, ever, ever helpful.

"The new Gascoigne" springs to mind...

Controversial, but...

Murphy(s) want to play for Norwich, they want to be a success & go on to have long careers in the game

Redmond wanted to play when the cameras were on & the shop window was open. He always saw his future away from the club ***

So for me (and I guess the club), its the Murphys all day long. Also, how many did Redmond score in his first season with us, 1?

***no proof or evidence, just my opinion

While Redmond laid on some chances yesterday he missed a sitter of a chance.

The Murphy boys are coming along well, then there''s Canos and young Lewis.

Anybody know what injury Jarvis has and when he is due back?

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]While Redmond laid on some chances yesterday he missed a sitter of a chance.

The Murphy boys are coming along well, then there''s Canos and young Lewis.

Anybody know what injury Jarvis has and when he is due back?[/quote]

I wouldn´t be surprised if Jarvis don´t play for us anymore. Probably out on loan in january. I rate him behind the twins, canos, brady and pretty much every other player in the squad. He had a good debut, but besides that, not much...

Rogue Baboon wrote:

''''Controversial, but...

Murphy(s) want to play for Norwich, they want to be a success & go on to have long careers in the game

Redmond wanted to play when the cameras were on & the shop window was open. He always saw his future away from the club ***

So for me (and I guess the club), its the Murphys all day long. Also, how many did Redmond score in his first season with us, 1?

***no proof or evidence, just my opinion ''''

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is harsh... Why didn''t Redmond hand in a transfer request and throw his toys out of the pram the first time we went down then?

It''s got nothing to do with only playing when cameras were on him, cameras are on him every game! I''m pretty sure clubs don''t only watch other games when they''re live on TV...

Anyway, can you blame him for leaving? Just put in a MoM performance for Southampton in a team where he''s seeing more of the ball and allowed more freedom. I''ll be mightily impressed if the Murphys'' were to ever turn down regular premier league football to stick it out with us in the championship!