Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Top six target

We are on target for a top six finish. Without any major injuries to the squad we should be able to maintain this. Top ten is a minimum now we should expect as we can strengthen in Jan.

What a strange post...

As already pointed out, we are on course for a top 2 finish. Which should be the aim, regardless of where people honk we will finish.

Also top 10 minimum? I would say anything less than promotion/top 6 is a failure...

I think the belief gained from this week''s three victories and the way we achieved them will have cemented a belief in the team that will be unshakeable.   Held on in in all three of them, with definite signs of improvement judging by the comments over yesterday and the nature of the victory. Great stuff and should give us all confidence that we are going to be there or thereabouts at the very top by the end of the season.  Got to maintain the levels of course and there are bound to be the occasional setbacks, but top two has to be the aim.

Is this a joke. Top 10. Failure to get promoted in what is a league full of alot of bang average sides would be a huge failure and would need a huge cost cutting in the summer.

Top two is a target but I think the team as of now is capable of finishing in sixth or above,as there are 5,6 teams playing about the same.Hopefully as the season continues our squad will come into play as other teams with less resources struggle continue their former then top two comes into play.I am not one to get to carried away as we are not beating teams with ease and tougher games lie ahead.

Top six? Got to be aiming for automatic. Apart from Newcastle we''ve got the best squad of players and a manager that is getting us results without playing brilliantly.

Whilst there has been a bit of moaning on occasions we have been picking up 2 points a games without having played that well that often. There is a lot of good championship experience in this squad. When we do click a couple of teams will get a good hiding. Burton seem a hard to beat side at the moment but I would take another narrow won. Newcastle could be a tough ask ot depends on if they are in the mood. After 8 games in we should have a feel for the season and automatic is possible playoffs should be the minimum

With this squad, promotion however it comes is the expectation for me. But we should be fighting it out with whoever you like for the title outright in my eyes, and I think we will be.

Newcastle are where they are because they''ve not been drawing games - but, what, 3 losses already must be a real concern to them? Will be interesting to see how they do away at Villa this weekend, we could be 5 points clear of them come kick off at St James Park.

Huddersfield have started brightly, and might do a Bournemouth yet. Brighton looking fairly solid. Fulham are doing pretty well as I expected just prior to the start of the season. Wolves a little all over the place but I have a feeling they will finish top 6. Barnsley, Birmingham, Brentford and Reading right in amongst it early doors. At the very very worst we should be right amongst the pack, but top 2 is more than achievable.

Its 8 games in for all teams, cannot see how anyone can say any team is on target for any position when the seasons barely begun. What we have is 17 points from 8 games, which  nobody can moan about, its a decent start, but far to early to draw any conclusions. My pre season predict was 8th to 12th, and i always stick to  that, even if it means diddly.City have a squad to get auto promotion, or top six, but way to early to know if they will. Most matches so far we have crawled over the line with a result in very unconvincing manners, against what seems to be weaker Champs sides. Also had one dire performance at Brum, so reminiscent of last season. Yesterday thou, the team played how we know they can play, but also, like  the Brum game, just one game, but where we showed the class to come back to take the points. Credit to AN also for doing most things right on the day.Next 3 games will be a stern test, Burton at home far from easy, then trips to Newcastle and Wolves. Newcastle have shown they have the ability to cake walk this division, but suffer from Rafa''s insistence to rotate his squad, as he did at Liverpool, so can have some strange results, shown by the QPR / Wolves results. Anyway,  after the Brum game, its been 3 wins, 9 points, cant ask for more and the way we beat Forest  was more like the City we want to see. OTBC

Automatic promotion should be the target in everyone''s minds. Winning would be a nice bonus, especially since we look just as capable as anyone else in this league at present and Villa and Newcastle are struggling to adjust.

Anything less than promotion will be seen as a failure. We cannot afford to stick around in this league.

AN won''t last the season if we start to slip away.

still think Newcastle will win this league despite their result yesterday.....but honestly when you look around...and we always hear "what a tough league this is to get out of", I just dont see a huge amount of quality about that should prevent us from acheiving at least second place.

we have been promoted out of this league in each of the last two seasons we''ve played in it.....and we have a better squad this time than in each of those two seasons.

Two seasons ago we had to do it via the playoffs purely because we played the first half of the season without a manager and gave ourselves just a little too much to do in playing catchup with Watford and Bournemouth.

There really can''t be any excuses this time around.

considering a lot of pundits have us down to finish top ahead of Newcastle your goals are just a little bit on the low side

I sense someone trying to fish for a angry response