Sign in to follow this  
AJ

EFL vs Everton Presser

I would certainly agree with that Move Klose, the Murphy''s didn''t really loo anywhere near the first team before going out and doing well on their loans last year. Now look at them (although our Relegation has helped their inclusion of course).

Toffolo is in a similar boat to Maddison - game time is paramount for their development and if they aren''t going to get it here they may as well go out on loan and get some full blooded first team experience. Maddison seems to be relishing the challenge so far, and I''ve no doubt if Naismith does end up leaving in Jan then Maddison will slip into the team no problems.

Toffolo is a little different, has been out on loan a few times now and hasn''t really made a major impact but perhaps it''s harder to make an impact as a defensive player. Looks like he''s played 3 games so far this season with 2 assists which isn''t too bad. Again, if one of Olsson or Brady go in Jan then perhaps he will be called upon.

Just checked Wiki ( Not the most reliable) and it says he primarily plays as a central midfielder, but can play as a centre back.

From what I''ve seen watching the development squad he''s played a lot at the back and even as a wing back and sometimes in the holding midfield role. He''s quite composed which makes him pretty good at the back as he can play it out pretty well. Can he play left back? I''m not sure, I''ve not seen him play there yet.

Recently (Godfrey) seems to have been used more as a holding M/F, with his build and athleticism he would make a great C/B, seems to have a really good awareness about him, and not afraid to put himself about, the few times I have seen him.

Sounds good enough to me for tonight.  I''ll be disappointed if we have less than 11 changes from Saturday''s starting lineup frankly.

Is anyone going ? I''m afraid I''ve had my fill of mid-week treks across to Everton over the past few years.  There was the game when Basso equalised at the death, but last year''s defeat on penalties was enough for the moment.  I got there for the final day defeat too [:(]