Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

James Maddison

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Scores for Aberdeen.[/quote]Great news, I have a lot of mates who are Dons fans, I have asked for regular reports.

As described on the BBC website: "James Maddison makes an impact as the on-loan Norwich midfielder picks the ball up 20 yards out, takes a couple of steps forward and flashes a low drive into the far corner".

Great news, I think we all expect him to make a real impact there 👍. It''s nice to know that we can bring him back in January should we have any injuries etc, I would love to see what he can do in the Championship. Physically he looks very small but to be fair it doesn''t seem to hinder him whatsoever, and just like the Murphy''s have done, he will bulk up in time regardless.

Good stuff!

Was meaning to quiz Lakey actually. If Maddison has a temperament issue for wanting to go out on loan, what are your thoughts on Jack Wilshere?

Weird that his loans move has been met with universal praise and not question marks over his attitude.

Wait until you see the footage. He scores, celebrates on his own, downs the contents of a supporters hip flask and then punches a St John''s Ambulance volunteer.

Not the kind of rotten apple we want near our club.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Wait until you see the footage. He scores, celebrates on his own, downs the contents of a supporters hip flask and then punches a St John''s Ambulance volunteer.

Not the kind of rotten apple we want near our club.[/quote]

He''s got a house share with Joey Barton up in Scotland.

Bad Boys.

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]Good stuff!

Was meaning to quiz Lakey actually. If Maddison has a temperament issue for wanting to go out on loan, what are your thoughts on Jack Wilshere?

Weird that his loans move has been met with universal praise and not question marks over his attitude.[/quote]

When I suggested his temperament may be at question, it was to do with him not doing what the manager apparently wanted - ie - stay and take his place in the squad. That he may have shown independence and desire to play games may suit him personally and what he wants - but my query was with his attitude to the club he signed for.  Laudable on a personal level, yes - and may help him overall.  All well and good, I hope it works for him - and the club.

Lakey, you could just say "Fair cop, I was talking a load of old Horlicks". You''d come out of it with more credit, as I''m pretty sure it''s what most on here are thinking.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Lakey, you could just say "Fair cop, I was talking a load of old Horlicks". You''d come out of it with more credit, as I''m pretty sure it''s what most on here are thinking.[/quote]Indeed.

[quote user="lake district canary"]When I suggested his temperament may be at question, it was to do with him not doing what the manager apparently wanted - ie - stay and take his place in the squad. That he may have shown independence and desire to play games may suit him personally and what he wants - but my query was with his attitude to the club he signed for.  Laudable on a personal level, yes - and may help him overall.  All well and good, I hope it works for him - and the club.[/quote]He''s on the naughty step with Wes and Snoddy.He should have gone with RVW to show him an example of loyalty. [:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]When I suggested his temperament may be at question, it was to do with him not doing what the manager apparently wanted - ie - stay and take his place in the squad. That he may have shown independence and desire to play games may suit him personally and what he wants - but my query was with his attitude to the club he signed for.  Laudable on a personal level, yes - and may help him overall.  All well and good, I hope it works for him - and the club.[/quote]He''s on the naughty step with Wes and Snoddy.He should have gone with RVW to show him an example of loyalty. [:)]

[/quote]
[:D]

BBC - "Dundee, with Faissal El Bakhtaoui isolated as a loan striker, conceded

huge swathes of possession to Aberdeen with new signing Maddison clearly

a class act"

Looked the bees knees in pre season and had either Naismith left or had we not signed Pritchard he would surely have been a part of our squad. Big things to expect going forwards though. Surely a long term replacement for Hoolahan

BBC page has now labelled him a class act. Really chuffed he''s gone up their and making a decent fist of it. Clearly a great talent and will be getting more games and confidence up there than he would here. I can''t see any kind of attitude problem... the boy wants to play, create and score and he''s doing it. All the better for us.

Glad it''s only til Jan, he will prove too good for the spl. Fingers crossed he comes back full of confidence and added experience

" a temperament issue "eh ?Who has issued him with it, and what exactly is it ?

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Lakey, you could just say "Fair cop, I was talking a load of old Horlicks". You''d come out of it with more credit, as I''m pretty sure it''s what most on here are thinking.[/quote]

Ok it was a bit horlicky, but it was really a question based on wondering why he wasn''t getting more of a look in, give how much we paid for him and how good he looked when he did appear.  Then the manager says he''s no plans to loan him out and then suddenly he''s out on loan.  So question marks there.  Maybe a simple answer - the boy just wants to play - but then therein lies the issue for me.......how do you learn to play within a squad of players if you aren''t there?   When he comes back in January, he will be in exactly the same position as he was when he left.  Starting from square one as far as getting into the team goes, with plenty ahead of him who are integrated, who are good players and who are well versed in what the manager wants.  That was the question I had over his decision making.   He will be a bit older, a bit more match fit, a little more expeienced - but will that get him in our team?   We shall see.

A player that wants to get out there and play football to aid with his development should be applauded. With so many in front of him at the queue at Norwich, he could have just picked up his wages and play a few reserve games. His desire to play football impresses me and a loan spell will do the lad good.

Hence the comparison to Wilshere Lakey. He would definitely have had some part in Arsenal''s season, most likely even more significant than Maddison would''ve with us!! He''s been heaped with credit for getting out there and trying to prove himself - think Maddison deserves similar praise for wanting regular first team football too.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Lakey - Jacob Murphy has had several loan spells and he''s had no problems "integrating" this season.[/quote]True, but he and his brother have has been around CR for years, know the other players well and must feel thoroughly at home at CR and around the first team squad.  

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]Hence the comparison to Wilshere Lakey. He would definitely have had some part in Arsenal''s season, most likely even more significant than Maddison would''ve with us!! He''s been heaped with credit for getting out there and trying to prove himself - think Maddison deserves similar praise for wanting regular first team football too.[/quote]The Wilshere thing is imo slightly different - he is already an established member of a squad, but I''m happy to be wrong about Maddison.  The loan could work in his favour.  What we do know though, is that

AN was obviously happy for him to stay and not be loaned out  - as a

young player that should have been a big signal for him and a reason to

buckle down and get on with it at Norwich. His chance would have come

sooner or later.....there is a thin line between ambition and impatience. 

Pretty good move on the managers behalf, got rid of a potential headache of picking Maddison ahead of Naismith.

The lad is quality and needs to be playing, he''s showing that he''s too good for that league, so hopefully his confidence there will bring the best out of him.

Having spent many a day watching Aberdeen during my time up there, I can say it''s a historic old stadium with a good support.

Should we sell Naismith in January I can see Maddison back, if not I''m sure he''ll be there for the full season.

Sure getting games under his belt will develop him further, so not as bad a move as I first thought, though I''m sure he''d make an impact if he was given the chance here too.

While Wes is injury free and we have Pritchard biting at the bit then this was a good move by AN, hold my hands up to moaning about it at the time.

Long may all our youngsters in Thompson, Murphy twins, Canos and Maddison fulfill their potential, exciting days ahead.