Sign in to follow this  
Gamera

Most Comedic moment at carrow road?

Not as old as many on this site so there will obviously be moments I have no memorys of. But on the bus the other day was listening to the radio and it was about players making a meal of things and remembered WLY getting a nudge and falling flat on his back, just went down like he''d been struck dead.Found it very funny at the time. Something a bit different to talk about between all this Worthy in/out stick it all about stuff.

Some suggestions off the top of my head..

1 - Matty Etherington forgetting where the corner spot is and getting sent off ("One nil, to the snakepit boys")

2 - David Nielsen scoring against Wimbledon whilst on loan from them (Thank you very much for David Neilsen, Thank you very very much etc)

Thats all i can remember, ''fraid my memory aint what it once was.

My favourite is still Kieran Richardson getting hit on the back of the head with one of Delias pies from the snakepit.

I remember a match from the late 90''s where Forest Manager David Platt attempted to volley the ball back onto the field of play from a slightly slippery patch of carpet and went completley A over T.

Also When i was knee high to a grasshopper i used to laugh when Flecky used to pelt footballs at the new cars being presented to those players sponsored by local car dealerships

Very amusing!

...And whilst on the subject of Bob Fleck...

Who remembers the old man who used to push his trolley round the running track screeching out, "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeets, chocolates, hot drinks, cold drinks" over and over again?

Now, he was a comedy great in his own right, but I remember at a friendly testimonial game - just can''t remember who for - when Gunn came up front in the second half, and Flecky went in goal and started jumping around like a lunatic.  When the old Sweeeeeeeeeeeets man came round behind the goal at the Riverend, Flecky ran over to his trolley and started throwing Mars bars and Snickers into the crowd.  Legend!

(I remember Gunn hit the bar up front as well)...

couple of seasons ago.. when at half time, they had a singer on the pitch doing a ricky martin song... barclay chanting.. "shall we sing a song for you"

The appearance of SCUM on the electronic scoreboard, I was so taken aback- I couldn''t laugh................initially! ;~)

birmingham, last home game of last season - pennant went to take throw in, bloke in the crowd wouldnt give him the ball, so he got another off one of the ballboys, turned round and the bloke in the crowd threw the ball and hit him in back of the head - priceless! also in the promotion season - reading match - easter monday - NEALE BARRY - what a legend!!!! oh and another from that blues match at tail end of last season - (loads of funny moments in that!) - Damian Johnson, aiming a punch at Helveg''s stomach, missing by a good few yards, Helveg running another 4 or 5yards and diving holding his face as if he''d been uppercutted by Mike Tyson - The ref running over with red card aloft was a wonderful moment!

I think it must have been in the late eighties at the rear of the barclay ,for those who dont remember or to young it was built on a large grass embankment.I will set the scene ,the police used to block the road with a barrier for about ten minuets to allow the away fans to leave the ground this day it had snowed quite heavily .There was this policeman on top of the grass bank obviously keeping an eye on the fans behaviour. The fans were getting quite restless having to wait in the cold, so they took it out on the poor policeman on top of the embankment showering him hundreds of snowballs .Trying to evade the missiles he lost his footing ,slididing all the way down the embankment covered in snow to the biggest cheer of the day .OTBC

Bellars against sheff united...

...the week after sheff utd had a controversial goal scored against them by Arsenal in the cup...remember ball went out of play for an injury Arsenal didnt give it back and scored....

...well identical situation against us ball kicked out of play by them so one of ours could get treatment, bellars gets it back goes on a bit of a run shapes to shoot...howls of derision from their fans...panic on the faces of the united players...before bellars smile on face kicks it back to them...priceless

The Scum on the scoreboard has to be up there

Looking back Delias lets be havin u is there.

Going back. tim sheppherds testomonial, Matt Jackson pretended to be injured and got up just as sheppherd got round.

Seeing the minimal away followings of certain teams

Opposition fans dancing to the music when we score, especially boro last year, 4-2 they were enjoying themselves, 4-3 some still dancing, 4-4 silent

Beating united, and then laughing at every utd gloryhunting fan  i know

Half time has to be up there, our entertainment is so bad its unbelievable and what about the canary dancers

But the best has to be the overweigh Dagenham physio, who waddled onto the pitch and laughes as the barclay sang who ate all the pies

Can''t mock Rosario Maverick. First Norwich game I can recall was on the box vs Man U. Rosario scored a cracker against them. (remember Southampton goal of the season too).

Think there is a thread lurking from a few months back, of the same title.

I did laugh this season when our fans were giving AJ some serious grief for diving....and just on cue...Huckerby goes down like he''s been shot

[quote]Bellars against sheff united... ...the week after sheff utd had a controversial goal scored against them by Arsenal in the cup...remember ball went out of play for an injury Arsenal didnt give it bac...[/quote]

Damn Im too young to remember that...

has to be scum on the scoreboard, don''t know about the dancers, think they should be filed under embarrassments

also funny was the phone mascot from a few years back

thinking of scum again, seeing john wark sent off a long time ago and the penalty that wasn''t a penalty for them also figures

quite a few goal celebrations were quite wacky, including the greased lightning one from darren eadie days

This is an away moment so perhaps doesn''t qualify but it is also my best chant so I''m doubling up on entries

Remember Keith Bertschin from the early 80''s?  He scored 38 in 133 games and was a competent striker though prone to rushes of blood to the head.

He came from Birmingham where he''d had a mixed relationship with the fans and I saw his return to St Andrews

A through ball and Bertschin is on it like a leopard.  He has only the keeper to beat.  He hoofs it wildly wide.

Instantly, spontaneously a massive chant erupts........

"Hello, hello, Bertschin is back, Bertschin is back"!!!!!!!

Not really at Carrow Road.

Before the Palace game this season I was in Lloyds happily handing out the AJ diving posters and scorecards. A big crowd had gathered round me and then I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned round and it was Metropolitan police officer! Apparently the look on my face was priceless as I thought I was going to be nicked! Anyway as it happens he just wanted a poster to put up in his office in London as he was a Villa supporter and all the rest of his colleagues were Palace fans. I nearly had to go home and change my pants I can tell ya!

Cambridge - you beat me to it - I was going to say "anything by Keith Bertschin"...the guy was priceless on occasions with legs like a new born foal!   Another one was that classic semi-final against the Scum when I was in the River End which unusually was making a bit of noise - Eric Gates came down to take a corner and got pelted with pots of yoghurt that was being handed out as a promotion ("Milk" Cup and all that!) he was not best impressed!

The coppers often took a tumble down the grass bank at the back of the Barclay - if we all pushed to get out they were forced to line up to stop us - and occasionally they slipped down the bank - great if they got wet & muddy for their efforts!

Funniest moment for me is in the 80''s when coventry were playing i can''t remember the norwich player who kicked the ball but he hit it straight at man mountain Brian Kilcline''s head at which point he began to wobble all over the pitch as if he had drunk a bottle of after-shock it took him ages to regain his senses absolutly hilarious.

Showing my age, but Kevin Keelan was always good for a laugh. Remember him trying to kick the ball out from his hand and some Derby player standing in front putting him off. So quick as a flash he bounced the ball a couple of times off his face. Player goes mad, turns to ref, but Keelan is the picture of innocence and obviously the laughing crowd saw nothing

Don''t know whether this is funny or just plain mad!

A reserve game a few years ago against West Ham. The Hammers were leading 1-0 and the City coaches were trying to catch the ref''s attention to make a substitution. The ball is passed forward to release Jamie Cureton, who beats the last defender and is entering the penalty area with only the keeper to beat. What does the ref do? Blows his whistle! Cureton just stands there looking at him, the linesman and the supporters in amazement - yes, you''ve guessed it...........the ref had stopped play so that Norwich could make their substitution!

I also remember the original Captain Canary taking off his head as he disappeared down the tunnel and saying (in a very loud voice that most people in the City Stand must have heard) "Bo*****ks - its f*****g hot in this Tw******g costume".

Not necessarily the most comdic moment but must have been in 200 ish, boring 0-0 draw at home to Forest. Dave Beasent in goal, thinks the ball has gone out for a goal kick but in fact its a corner to us. In his frustration he slams the ball to the ground only for it to come back and hit him in the face. We needed some sort of entertainment what with Raymond de Waard on the pitch

1990/91 season, we were 4-0 down at home to Wimbledon at half time, Fashanu after just 26 seconds, so it didn''t bode well.  The Barclay Terrace were all singing "If you''re all p*ssed off clap your hands"  Flecky sat on the pitch and started clapping, it got the biggest cheer of the match.

[quote]...And whilst on the subject of Bob Fleck... Who remembers the old man who used to push his trolley round the running track screeching out, "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeets, chocolates, hot drinks, cold drinks" ...[/quote]

I think it was John O'' Neil''s testimoinal. The guy who John Fashanu crocked and ended his career on his debut for us. Gary Lineker made an appearance for the John O''Neil XI. I was so excited to see him in a city kit!

Anyway, Flecky also stol a St. John''s ambulance hat in that game and just sat against the post eating a Kit Kat while the goals rained in.

He also (in the time before the backpass rule) kept throwing the ball at Culverhouse who''d calmly pass it back. Flecky picked it up and as Culverhouse tried to get away Flecky would do it again. Eventually Culverhouse got bored and so lobbed Flecky for an OG.

Great game. Gunny wearing Flecky''s tiny little shirt was funny too. 

i remember when i was standing in the n+p and it was winter time and it was cold and it had snowed very hard the pitch was clear but the snow was on the sidelines and it was very slippery and the linesman was running backwards and he fell over and rolled backwards and stood up all in one go. we laughed or socks off.

Flecky was, and still is, a showman.. in the days of overpayed multi millionaires, drug addict footballers and misfits who get themselves in trouble all the time the game is crying out for another Robert Fleck.

His humour and wit are 2nd to none! funniest moments for me are him winding up the away fans... always classic as regardless of the score, if they were winning by a huge margin, theyd always forget about cheering their team on and deride Fleck all game...

I can remember when we lost 5-0 to Ipswich, i watched it on the big screen at Carrow road, the Scummers were 5-0 up and Fleck wanders behind the goal at the north stand and kisses his Norwich badge, their fans immediately stop singing and winding up the Norwich fans and spend the whole game letting flecky know what they thought... as he was walking back to the center spot he looks at the camera and gives a little wink and smile...

jas

[quote]Flecky was, and still is, a showman.. in the days of overpayed multi millionaires, drug addict footballers and misfits who get themselves in trouble all the time the game is crying out for another Rob...[/quote]

I still remember at Stamford Bridge (the game where Beasant let 2 howlers in) Fleck coming over to the Norwich fans and kissing his Chelsea badge - therefore not remembered fondly.