Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Those Murphy Twins...

Not just a couple of excellent footballers, but both give coherent and enthusiastic post-match interviews....a joy to listen to......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Are a real credit to their family and our club.

What a time to be alive...[/quote]

Are you sure there''s two of them ?It looks like the same bloke if you ask meI''ll hetta get on Canary Call an ask em

Jacob was at our forum last month. He spoke really well. Obviously loves the club and wants to succeed. The twins support each other. They are both really grounded and Jacob told us their mum looks after the money and gives them an allowance. Our club has handled their d development well and successful Murphys can only be good for our academy.

Some one asked this in another thread but I didn''t see if it was answered and I can''t be bothered to look for it now but are the Murphy twins Norwich fans? Did they grow up supporting city?

[quote user="Jarders"]Some one asked this in another thread but I didn''t see if it was answered and I can''t be bothered to look for it now but are the Murphy twins Norwich fans? Did they grow up supporting city?[/quote]I think they are, not 100% on it though.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Jacob was at our forum last month. He spoke really well. Obviously loves the club and wants to succeed. The twins support each other. They are both really grounded and Jacob told us their mum looks after the money and gives them an allowance. Our club has handled their d development well and successful Murphys can only be good for our academy.[/quote]

👍

To think only a few weeks ago, the unnecessary doom and gloom which I feared would possibly really get to our young stars before they''d even really got a chance buddy, it is great to see and these last 9 days have been as good times as I can ever remember being a Norwich City nut! Delighted for the grounded Murphy''s, and the whole squad top to bottom, not to mention Alex Neil etc!

[quote user="Jarders"]Some one asked this in another thread but I didn''t see if it was answered and I can''t be bothered to look for it now but are the Murphy twins Norwich fans? Did they grow up supporting city?[/quote]
These two links will fill in some of that detail buddy : -
I''m so proud of them and all the people at the club who helped with their developement. Of course back in 2006 that included the wonderful FONCY team and to a lesser degree our Rays Funds. Yes PUPs.. Take a bow[:)]
What a time to be alive...

So chuffed for them. They''ve both developed into these unique players with different strengths and personality and I like that.

How many times have you heard the "why dunt we bring won onn fu wun arf'' and wun onn fur thee ovver arf''?" Thing though haha. When someone says it now I just, totally blank faced say "because if we were found to be doing that the ramifications from footballs governing body would be substantial..." And drink in the tumbleweeds rolling by.

players start to perform as their contracts are up for renewal shocker..

Joking aside it has been a joy to watch and they have exceeded expectations so far this season, a great start and hopefully they can carry on.

I have no concerns about their contracts, I have no doubt they will be signing new contracts soon, didnt AN confirm as such a week or so ago.

I''m sure they will be staying around for a while, I think AN''s comment last night was something along the lines of "enjoy them while they are here" hopefully he is talking long( ish) term there.

And that''s one of the advantages of the Championship, I just don''t think they would of be given the chance in the PL we would of just thrown money at replacing Redmond.

this is the best part of supporting a "smaller" club.

IMO their best use this season is still as impact players, which for me means more appearances from the bench than starting.

I know people will disagree. Despite being huge talents, they are still very raw and and I feel some of our general play is sometimes weaker when they start, particularly Josh.

I think Pritchard will improve the teams overall performance more at the moment, and I look forward to seeing him start. I would like to see more of Canos too, who''s allround ability is fantastic.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]IMO their best use this season is still as impact players, which for me means more appearances from the bench than starting.

I know people will disagree. Despite being huge talents, they are still very raw and and I feel some of our general play is sometimes weaker when they start, particularly Josh.

I think Pritchard will improve the teams overall performance more at the moment, and I look forward to seeing him start. I would like to see more of Canos too, who''s allround ability is fantastic.[/quote]

I think most people will disagree.  You''ve seen the goals they''ve scored between them so far.  That is because they are on the pitch.  They can''t do that if they are sitting on the bench.   Jacob looks to have made himself first choice in his position so far and if he maintains his standards which includes his overall play and corner kicks etc, is likely to remain so.  Josh is not far behind.  To have one player of their quality is fantastic, to have two of them is just crazy! Canos is obviously good too, but he is going to have his work cut out to get in the team if the brothers keep going the way they are. 

Jacob looked quality for the full 90 minutes against Forest.  Josh still a bit inconsistent but last night''s goal will make a lot of people sit up and take notice of him.  Interesting that the Everton fan who did a match report, linked on another thread, referred to "Josh Murphy" cutting inside unopposed and scoring a beaut in the top corner from distance etc.  He probably had to look up the name but I''m pretty sure he''ll remember now !

[quote user="morty"]Have you watched any games this season Lincoln?[/quote]

Here we go again..... Yes I have. And many would agree our general play has been well below what it should be.

Now, are we better with a player who improves the balance of the team and adds adds consistentcy (Pritchard), or playing a Murphy twin who offers imbalance, but capable of a moment of shear brilliance?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]They can still score goals as substitutes you know LDC!

Remember pre forest. Everyone was disappointed at how we were playing. My point is, I feel our overall play will improve once Pritchard is given a run in the side.

Josh wasn''t brilliant yesterday, but his goal was. See the conundrum?[/quote]

Goals win games.  At Blackburn it was Jacob''s brilliance that got us going.  Better one or both of them is on the pitch at the start so as to get those goals earlier in the match than later, when we may be playing catch up.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]They can still score goals as substitutes you know LDC!

Remember pre forest. Everyone was disappointed at how we were playing. My point is, I feel our overall play will improve once Pritchard is given a run in the side.

Josh wasn''t brilliant yesterday, but his goal was. See the conundrum?[/quote]

Goals win games.  At Blackburn it was Jacob''s brilliance that got us going.  Better one or both of them is on the pitch at the start so as to get those goals earlier in the match than later, when we may be playing catch up.

[/quote]

We ended up with both of them on away to Brum, and very quickly fell to pieces.

Their both great footballers and a credit to themselves and the club''s youth policy! I just hope this gives AN a signal ... I mean he''s already let a few gems go out on loan...these twins have to play!

thoughts?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Have you watched any games this season Lincoln?[/quote]

Here we go again..... Yes I have. And many would agree our general play has been well below what it should be.

Now, are we better with a player who improves the balance of the team and adds adds consistentcy (Pritchard), or playing a Murphy twin who offers imbalance, but capable of a moment of shear brilliance?[/quote]It was a simple question, untwist your panties.Jacob Murphy was fantastic at Forest, and probably man of the match.They are proper footballers now, not just cute, youth team, novelty acts.

I agree with the Pritchard comments, but Murphy''s have earned their right to be in the squad when they''re fit (I don''t mean starting eleven each game)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Have you watched any games this season Lincoln?[/quote]

Now, are we better with a player who improves the balance of the team and adds adds consistentcy (Pritchard), or playing a Murphy twin who offers

imbalance, but capable of a moment of shear brilliance?[/quote]It was a simple question, untwist your panties.Jacob Murphy was fantastic at Forest, and probably man of the match.They are proper footballers now, not just cute, youth team, novelty acts.[/quote]

Good point Morty!

At Birmingham we had them both on the pitch but that had nothing to do with our loss- we were already losing and playing badly when Josh came on.

There was a thread just after an early season game questioning whether Josh was going to make it which made no sense- him and Jacob are still young and will be inconsistent. I''m sure at times this season neither of them will be in the squad but it is refreshing to see Neil being happy to blood the youth and allow them to make mistakes and develop.