Sign in to follow this  
Bill

If that was our 2nd X1........

then it''s looking very good ................ couldn''t fault any of themJosh Murphy... just when you thought you knew which one was the best up pops the other with a stunning goalRuddy... some cracking savesOliveira  ..... looked very goodchuffed to bits

......Plus Thompson

We have the most brilliant set of younger players I''ve known in 50 years of supporting Norwich.

We now must get fully behind Naismith too

The long term policy is at last beginning to show fruit. Thompson certainly didn''t look out of place (I''m sure some thought we had left him at Swindon because we had bought a dud).Here''s hoping that McGrandles fulfills his promise. Godfrey appears to have hit the ground running. The two Murphy lads look an excellent prospect.... Maddison, Morris, Toffolo

I said before deadline day that we shouldn''t worry too much about not signing another striker as I thought the Murphy twins had goals in them. Good to see our other youngsters doing well in a testing match.Overall a nice bit of respite from the endless calls to sell the club. We won''t need to do this if we generally buy younger and start making more money from transfers.If we can''t make money when transfer price inflation has for years been sky high then we''ve been doing something wrong.

What would be the point of making money by selling players ? I would have thought the idea was that we could compete on the pitch at a far lower cost, thus levelling things down a bitVilla bought some player from Bristol City for silly money yet he probably hasn''t achieved what the twoMurphy''s have so far.Many of the ''bigger'' clubs cannot afford to wait to develop their own players .......as so much of their finacial structure is geared towards Champions Legue /European football. For us it is not really an option. It is the method by which we compete.

[quote user="Percy Shinglestick"]What would be the point of making money by selling players ? I would have thought the idea was that we could compete on the pitch at a far lower cost, thus levelling things down a bit[/quote]We can both compete at a lower cost and have more money for transfers etc.If we haven''t got rich owners then this kind of model would allow us to compete a lot better.

There was players on the bench last who can''t even get in our 2nd XI who get into other championship 1st XI. Turner, Canos, Lafferty.

Need to use this win as a confidence for the whole squad and to push on those players who haven''t been playing much lately. Annoys me when fringe players get a chance to prove themselves and go out in a whimper. Can''t be knocking on the managers door asking why you are not playing at the moment.

Nice to see us make a lot of changes in the cup and the fringe players actually put in a performance like that just to remind the manager they are ready to come in. Only have to look at years gone by where we''ve made changes in the cup and been awfull. Lambert when we lost at home to MK Dons, Hughton and the Luton game, Adams last game vs PNE.

along with the world is from murphy, one of the best bits of last night was how well the heavily scrutinised players performed. Bassong, Ruddy, whittaker, Mulumbu and Naismith were all excellent last night! I wouldn''t be disappointed to see some of them in the side on Saturday!

"We can both compete at a lower cost and have more money for transfers etc."

so we sell good players ....... so we then can buy players who might come good !dearie, dear me

[quote user="Move Klose"]There was players on the bench last who can''t even get in our 2nd XI who get into other championship 1st XI. Turner, Canos, Lafferty.

Need to use this win as a confidence for the whole squad and to push on those players who haven''t been playing much lately. Annoys me when fringe players get a chance to prove themselves and go out in a whimper. Can''t be knocking on the managers door asking why you are not playing at the moment.

Nice to see us make a lot of changes in the cup and the fringe players actually put in a performance like that just to remind the manager they are ready to come in. Only have to look at years gone by where we''ve made changes in the cup and been awfull. Lambert when we lost at home to MK Dons, Hughton and the Luton game, Adams last game vs PNE.[/quote]

It was good to see AN talking of the plan they had, how the players stuck to it etcToo often games like this are seens as nothing more than an obligation to get done with as little effort as  possible.Which suggests what I have always thought, that the team is who the manager/coaching staff believe can best achieve the result they want on the day - rather than who is the best X1 or who is playing best.Unfortunately that often gets the not too bright a bit over excited.... as this forum and Canary Call well know.Anyway lets hope for a home tie, if only so our fans don''t have to haul ar se halfway across the country - and every respect to those who did yesterday.