Sign in to follow this  
Year of the tiger

Songs at away games

Listening last night to the lads trying to sing throughout the Everton match it struck me, as it has at many other games, that so many of the songs concentrate on denegrating opposition supporters rather than supporting our team.

Is this a library

Your support is f**** shit

Is there a fire drill

Your grounds to big for you etc etc

I''m sure I''m not the only one who has no interest in abusing other fans. I''m there to support Norwich but tend not to sing much now because all the songs are OTBC or anti home fans

Listen to other fans, they seem to have chants for everyone of their team. When did we last have this?

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Not a Murphy chant then? 😀[/quote]Yes there is.And a Cameron Jerome one, And Canos, And Howson....

Mr Jenkins wrote:

Not a Murphy chant then? 😀

Yes there is.

And a Cameron Jerome one, And Canos, And Howson....

Yes I know 😀

I was being a bit facetious, maybe he just hasn''t heard them!

I always liked the ''Darel Russell'' version of (Do the) Hustle.

And Paul McVeigh, McVeigh...added to the tune of On A Ragga Tip.

Equally I always enjoyed enquiring about the whereabouts of ''Shilton''s Wife'' only to be told she was ''up Ber Street''.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Agreed there a chants for some players, so why the concentration on singing how much better our supporters are than the opposition.[/quote]I haven''t noticed that there is.

I reckon that these songs only come after a period of Norwich fans singing with little or no response from the home fans-which is fair enough in my book. I think the songs are probably between 0-25% about the poor home crowd.

Weirdest home support had to be at Fulham for Hughton''s first game: "5-0 and you still don''t sing"