Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

The Scouse Equivalent of Ricardo......

Just read this, which should make you smile even more as you go about your Wednesday, The scouse have their own Ricardo, who also sets the atmosphere, good read.

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/comment/reports/33570.html

What''s this Peroni baloni?

Is it a Norwich thing or is it just me being out of touch and drifting gradually towards old age and satisfied with just a case or two of good old (cheap) Fosters every night ? I fill my car with petrol every month on the loyalty points I collect for that stuff. I saw Peroni in my local Tesco once and it seemed expensive. Could I chose a premium petrol if I switched to it?

I have to try it after all the publicity it gets on the Pink.

Peroni sponsor Ricardo''s match reports (or perhaps the other way round).

I like the comment that he was a bit concerned about them making 6 changes, but on looking at their team makeup, was confident they had enough to win.  Which most of us agreed with before the game.  Clearly this was a tournament they were serious about winning.  Whereas for us, we made 10 changes and including our substitutes, only used one player (Brady) who''d expect to be in the starting lineup for our next league game.

Also it''s very clear we were set up solidly, played an organized game, carried on doing so in the second half after we took the lead.  Another composed and professional performance.  And obviously it sounds like we were under pressure, but while Pritchard cleared off the line, otherwise it wasn''t the sort of desperate last ditch stuff which you might have expected.

It shows what fantastic squad depth we have now. If you compare this team to the 11 that were starting for us in the league a couple of years back, it''s as good in pretty much every position.  Yes I have a concern about the striking position, but am happier now that Oliveira has got a solid 45 mins under his belt.  If Lafferty could come back into the fold, which hopefully the general team spirit engendered by our run will help with, I''d be a lot more relaxed about that.

Ricardo seems to have taken the comparison in his stride, but I''m not sure I''d take it so well. His reports are well written without being wordy. I''m not sure this chap quite understands how to construct a decent sentence - one has six ands in it. It reads like a year 6 essay, I half expected it to end with "...and then I woke up". And what is a "numerical attendance" - what other sort is there?

Nuff said wrote;

Ricardo seems to have taken the comparison in his stride, but I''m not sure I''d take it so well.

I certainly wasn''t comparing the writer to Ricardo in terms of quality of report, Ricardo''s always gives the impression that if you were not at the match you certainly got the feel of the occasion, Peroni or no Peroni there is only one fans favourite.

I was interested in his comments on both Evertons fans (who turned up in decent numbers)expectancy from the game, and their reaction to Naismith.

I''m not sure that Murphy''s goal was uncontested or unchallenged either. He skipped past two players, perhaps more easily than he should, but considering he was in the area, their reluctance to dive in was understandable.

The thing that gets me though, is that he was actually traveling away from goal when he struck it. Technically, it was a pretty tough shot to pull off, let alone hit as well as that.

The write up was nice, no cigar though, no one beats our Ricardo, he''s far more professional than to just plainly say "I won''t bother with the rest of the half" and more likely to insert some sort of analogy.