Sign in to follow this  
Molly Windley

Maddison /Aberdeen BT Sport 1 @ 1945

I don''t think I recall a time when our youth prospects looked so bright.

Maddison apart, other youngsters include Canos and Pritchard and the Murphy''s all first team selects. Thompson and Godfrey are lurking whilst Morris, Toffolo, Adams and McGrandles are all worth persevering with.

What a good, sensible and valuable, aka money in the bank, policy which was presumably started by Neal Adams and before and is now being handled well by Alex Neil.

Us Neil doubters need take this into account when allocating games for him to succeed or otherwise. Time might not be on his side at this moment in time but there is every reason to think that given this commodity he is capable of building a dynasty that could herald some glorious years for the Club.

Then we will surely be in line to win the European Cup in five years time? (smiley x2)

I just have opinions, that''s all. The facts as we know them are - AN was happy to keep Maddison here.Maddison precipitated the move. I agree that we should accept that the club going along with this means we should trust their judgement, but as a Norwich supporter wanting to see the best players play for us, I can see that the lad is not likely to play for us this season, which would be a shame. If I''m wrong I''ll hold my hands up, but that is how it seems to me. The temperament thing, which morty keeps going on about (I''m sure I ust have answered this elsewhere, but whatever...) is just that as a young player he could have just accepted that the manager was happy for him to stay - which to the lad should have indicated that he was an important member of the squad.  Imo, that should have been enough for him.  Again, just my opinion, but there it is.

Your opinion was based on no facts whatsoever though, thats the point here.Badly informed and based on no facts.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Still can''t get my head around it.  We all know he''s good and if he is that good he should be competing for a place in our team, not Aberdeen''s. If you are good enough you are old enough. If he stays there all season, which is a distinct possibility if we don''t sell anyone in January (and why should we?), we will have been missing a star in the making.  And if we get promoted, the jump he would have to make from SPL to PL, would be much harder. He should be getting as much experience in the championship here, this season, as possible, then if we go up he will be better placed to do well next season.[/quote]Back on that one again LDC (I thought we''d cleared this up in the other thread tbh).It''s a short term loan until Jan FFS, it means that he gets invaluable playing time in a fairly physical league, and come Jan we can easily integrate him into the squad again, especially if we do see any Jan moves for players like Naismith, Brady etc - should AN decide that''s the right course of action.Let''s say he hadn''t gone on loan, can you please advise which of our current starters (or even bench players) you are kicking out of the side to make way for Maddison? As has been stated on numerous occasions, his potential is unquestioned, but at the minute there are other more experienced players ahead of him in the selection stakes, so how does getting splinters on the bench and playing the odd developmental/cup game improve him more than getting weekly football for Aberdeen in the SPL???

Blimey it''s only a short loan.

Gains all-round as I see it ... including for Aberdeen.

It''s a long season and Maddison will represent our first eleven before the end of it, IMO.

He does look way too good for that level.

If he continues to do well I''d look at getting him a loan to a Rotherham/Preston type club to step his development up and help take some points off our rivals.

Whenever I watch non old firm SPL the individual quality looks lower championship but tactically it looks non-league level. Kinda reminds me of the Championship/Div 1 10-15 years ago.

Players don''t earn too much up there either. It will be good for him to be involved in a squad that needs to do well to pay the bills and with cloggers snapping at his heels and trying to foul him out of the game I think this move at least will improve some important but less obvious areas of his game

Katie Borkins

Set piece delivery good

Off the ball movement very good

Link up play very good

Tacking awful

I cant believe that this isnt in a thread stating Maddison is our own Paul Scholes...