Sign in to follow this  
Molly Windley

Football Betting Sites

As the nights are drawing in and the great outdoors looks less appealing and considerably colder and damper it`s time for a new indoor hobby.  Now I`m not looking to place large stakes that I cannot afford but a few pounds a week spread over multiple bets, it`s about strategy, game play and minor victories over the "system", not trying to make my fortune. I know some posters are anti gambling and may want to share their views to "help" but I am a grown up (I really am) and have successfully negotiated all life has to throw at me for many years without gambling advice from you before and I cannot see that it is mere chance that I`m still here and doing ok without recourse to it.Harsh words perhaps, but you will get over it, so thank you for your thoughts and opinions, but no thank you.What I would like help with is choosing a site which offers the largest number of games with odds available (not necessarily the best odds) for football and preferably one with a good start up offer. Probably looking at depositing £50 maximum which should last me the rest of the season, as I said, it`s about small stakes and small losses or minor victories. Win/lose/draw only bets, will not be placing large bets and cash out features are not needed. Small accumulators and single value bets will be the strategy of choice and all from a pc and not a mobile.If any fellow posters have advice, guidance or expertise on which sites are best, I would be grateful to receive it.

Thats pretty much what I do, just deposit a small amount, and make small bets, and when its gone, its gone.I use Bet 365. Can''t even remember why I picked it, I think all the start up offers are pretty much the same anyway.

Regardless of which bookmaker you choose, I would highly recommend you look into laying the bets at Betfair or a similar exchange, especially if exploiting sign-up offers.

[quote user="morty"]Thats pretty much what I do, just deposit a small amount, and make small bets, and when its gone, its gone.I use Bet 365. Can''t even remember why I picked it, I think all the start up offers are pretty much the same anyway.[/quote]Bet 365 has some good live matches free on stream but as Morty says all the start up offers are very much the same. The problem with those offers is you need to bet the bonus multiple times before you can withdraw any winnings. It''s all carefully buried in the T''s & C''s of course.[:D]

There used to be a guy who came on here, he had a very big telly and was ace at gambling, he never seemed to lose, not sure what happened to him but maybe you could find him somewhere else.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]There used to be a guy who came on here, he had a very big telly and was ace at gambling, he never seemed to lose, not sure what happened to him but maybe you could find him somewhere else.

[/quote]

I know Grefstad was a bit of a pain and rather disagreeable at times but I did check out his gambling credentials and he is the founder of  BettingAdvice.com which is a fair sized site getting around 17K hits dailyhttp://bettingadvice.com/

Bet365 are the No.1 online retailer,

But for me its abit too fiddly for football.

And William Hill is much clearer, by day/competition/time/options.

Paddy Powers footballer is terrible.

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="TCCANARY"]There used to be a guy who came on here, he had a very big telly and was ace at gambling, he never seemed to lose, not sure what happened to him but maybe you could find him somewhere else.

[/quote]

I know Grefstad was a bit of a pain and rather disagreeable at times but I did check out his gambling credentials and he is the founder of  BettingAdvice.com which is a fair sized site getting around 17K hits dailyhttp://bettingadvice.com/[/quote]
It''s a terrible website. And i''m not just saying that because he tweeted stuff about me and then blocked me on the bl*ody thing.

365 has superior odds I find. Just have a look at their prices compared to PaddyPower etc. 365''s odds are 85% better.
Though if you want to be serious about gambling I would open multiple accounts. Then use oddschecker to give you the best price and then via their site, open a betting slip for the site with the best price.
It seems like a lot of effort but you really do need to tip the odds in your favor as best you can. Better odds = lower stakes, more winnings, etc.

Thanks for the input Bet365 is very clunky on my little laptop for some reason, which is a shame.William Hill scrolls and loads quickly and looks well laid out."Free Bets" terms and conditions have been devised and written by geniuses to totally confuse mere mortals like me, it worked.Never realised that you could put together an acca on Oddschecker and it would show the best bookie to place it on, useful.May try a few test acca`s on Oddchechecker and then open an account at the bookies that gives the best odds most often.

I use skybet, they have some decent price boosts on accy''s and games they show live. Apart from that though, I think their odds are slightly lower than those around. But it''s really easy to use, phone or laptop.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Bet365 is very clunky on my little laptop for some reason, which is a shame.[/quote][url=https://mobile.bet365.com/]https://mobile.bet365.com/[/url] is non-flash (ie a fair bit quicker) and works fine on my laptop.

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Molly Windley"]Bet365 is very clunky on my little laptop for some reason, which is a shame.[/quote][url=https://mobile.bet365.com/]https://mobile.bet365.com/[/url] is non-flash (ie a fair bit quicker) and works fine on my laptop.[/quote]Works a treat now, great shout.

IBT-

What about the ones who got wiped out by Frankie Dettori''s Magnificent Seven?

Actually thinking about it, they probably couldn''t afford a bike after that!

Id only ever use money you can afford to lose . stick to betting where u know what u are going to lose too before the outset .

A mate introduced me to spread betting a few years ago which gave good incentives ( sporting index) and gave a real buzz when things were going well . However losses happen really quickly and very easy to get addicted .

I managed to kick habit 2 years ago and luckily have rarely been tempted since .

Highly recommend trying to trigger the free bet promotions on coral, paddy power etc. For example paddy power each week give money back as a free bet up to £25 for the first televised game on a Saturday/Sunday if your team is behind at half time. So you would back a team for £25 and then lay that bet off on smarkets/betfair for a loss of a few pence. Hopefully your team will be behind at half time and you will have a £25 free bet to do with as you please. I make a very decent amount per month using this strategy

I use Paddy Power but only because they had a very good introductory offer. I put £20 in, used the three free bets they gave me and fairly swiftly turned that into about £120 (betting on cricket can be quite easy...) Withdrew the £100 and now just place the odd bet and once the £20 is gone I''ll close it down. Their mobile app is pretty good so makes it easy to bet.

All we need from you guys is one selection every week. One team you think will win over the weekend pretty much anywhere in the world. If Bill Hill are there then we''re there. You city fans can also make one suggestion from the weekends Norwich game. Just one, Could be a goalscorer or a correct score or even just who will win. Better than all the sites because you don''t send money. It''s totally free. Your free trial lasts forever. Once a year I ask for a donation of a tenner. That''s not a requirement though. I can say that because this is the 10th successful season and I am confident that enough tenners will come each season regardless. Because this forum is the best in the world. Take a bow PUPs and if you''re not PUPs join us now. [:)]

[quote user="Leedscanary"]And who is it you work for again Cdmullins 😉[/quote]

We didn''t get a bonus last year! Need to drum up some new business.

I usually use http://www.odds-comparison.co.uk then go to the one with the best odds. The only trouble with that, was ''betfair'' contacted me to say  because I had not used the account for a while my account was suspended and in 7 days they would close the account and keep the money !  I had a whole £10 in there and it was my money. I have since withdrawn the money and it''s now one site I don''t use.