Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

So Naismith has completed his house move to Norwich today....

I really do hope moving to the area permanently and having a settled family sees an improvement in Steven Naismith. It seems the kind of hugely important element of one''s family life that could only help.

I''ve been very vocally critical of him due to the fact he''s been dreadful since he joined, and not only that, his mere presence in the side has unbalanced us horribly with Hoolahan being pushed to the left to accommodate him. I considered the most disappointing thing about our transfer deadline day was his move to Sunderland falling through.

Let''s just hope that paired with one total fluke of a goal it''s the beginning of something better...

Fluke of a goal? Who made the run? Who''s run was spotted by Oliveira? Who was composed enough and had enough control to pick up the back heel at speed and take it on as far as possible to maximise the chance of scoring? Who put the ball in the net? What reason is there to think that he wouldn''t have scored if he hadn''t slipped? What does it say about a poster who can''t see anything other than "a fluke of a goal"? Was Murphy''s goal a fluke because a foot less swerve, or a few inches higher, would''ve seen it bounce away off the woodwork? 

[quote user="Morgan"]Bran, it''s all about the bran[/quote]I thought it was all about the bass.I have been doing it wrong.And I think I need a new bluetooth speaker.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m always hopeful that Naismith, a good footballer and good human being, will come good for us. But whatever people think of him you guys should maybe listen to Josh''s interview again. He mentions Seb, who was captain when he first got games for the first team and a player who has had influence over nearly the whole time Josh has been involved in the first team, but then Josh reverts to "they" for the rest of his comments.[/quote]
Ah, fair play. Like I said, probably reading too much into it, just something I noticed! [:D]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Fluke of a goal? Who made the run? Who''s run was spotted by Oliveira? Who was composed enough and had enough control to pick up the back heel at speed and take it on as far as possible to maximise the chance of scoring? Who put the ball in the net? What reason is there to think that he wouldn''t have scored if he hadn''t slipped? What does it say about a poster who can''t see anything other than "a fluke of a goal"? Was Murphy''s goal a fluke because a foot less swerve, or a few inches higher, would''ve seen it bounce away off the woodwork? [/quote]

It was a fluke of a goal because he attempted to hit it with one foot and INADVERTENTLY hit it with the other whilst was falling over. There was no intention in the execution of what Naismith did.

What makes me think he wouldn''t have scored otherwise is that he''s been dire for the vast majority of his time here. If a player has been in good form then they earn the benefit of the doubt in these situations, which on that basis Naismith obviously isn''t due.

When Murphy scored he cut inside and struck a true strike with his left foot as he fully intended to. The end result of a stunning goal could be attributed to sound technique and execution.

Was a really excellent set up goal all around between Olly and Naismith and i thought a good well taken goal.  No idea what percentage of luck / fluke was involved with the end product, who cares, good intelligent play was involved in it being a goal. "You make your own luck" is an old adage often referred to in football games, its a good plus point to have.