Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

So Naismith has completed his house move to Norwich today....

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]At least the hypocrites are half right; more than can be said of posters who rubbish both of them. [*-)][/quote]
Don''t get it. They''ve both been rubbish for NCFC so far. Naismith has a chance to rectify that.

People are, as usual, jumping to completely unsubstantiated conclusions about Naismith wanting to leave. David Moyes, for whom Naismith played for three years and whom he holds in high regard, made an enquiry. Do people genuinely think Naismith would do anything other than treat Moyes''s approach with proper respect and the enquiry on its merits?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="westcoastcanary"]At least the hypocrites are half right; more than can be said of posters who rubbish both of them. [*-)][/quote]
Don''t get it. They''ve both been rubbish for NCFC so far. Naismith has a chance to rectify that.
[/quote]On the contrary hog, you clearly got the implication of my post!But well done for qualifying "rubbish" with "for NCFC so far". There''s a world of difference between that and "rubbish" when there''s a wealth of evidence to the contrary in a player''s (or, for that matter, manager''s) career.

Not hiding his disapointment is a good thing, and of course any player will more often feel diapointed if they get dropped, they are only human. Honest interview, Naismith is a good professional, he will want to give 100% everytime he gets the chance to play.I see some posters in this topic as usual falling into the age old trap of comparing how  good a player should be in relation to how much a club pays to sign him. This is such nonsense, how much a club pays  to sign a player has bog all to do with the player, or the fans for that matter.Naismith so far in my opinion has been far from rubbish, but certainly underwhelming, but that can be said for much of the team in quite a few matches so far, as the manager to for his team selections and subs etc. Having said that, after two slightly wonky but nonetheless home wins weve seen two excellent wins at Forest and Everton, things feel much improved now, including of course fans reactions. Trick for City now is to keep the recent upturn as a normal week by week happening , keeping the Brum away type happening as a rare occasional thing. Im sure Naismith will play his part to, hope he and his family get settled here and enjoy being part of a happy and successful season for City.

That''s a fair point Essy, but from my point it''s never been about scapegoating, value for money, but more impact on the pitch.

We don''t have a bottomless pit and no one can argue Naismith has been poor since joining us, for whatever his reason I''ve not seen much in his manner other than negative impact on younger players or arguing with the ref when his frustrations come out.

I''d love to see the Naismith who turned up against Liverpool or last night, but funny how his best two results came against Everton arch enemy and Everton!

What city fan wouldn''t want quality player, but he''ll have to work on his game, still behind Pritchamrd, Wes and the Murphy twins at present.

[quote user="hogesar"]That''s got to make a difference. Fingers crossed this is the start of Naismith''s career at Norwich..[/quote]

Lucky he''s got a house..........

What do you know about Naismith''s "impact on young players" Indy? I suggest absolutely nothing. We''ve all seen him talking to Josh Murphy but none of us know what Josh makes of it or how much he learns from what''s said. What anyone watching last night could see however was Josh running up to congratulate Naismith on his goal with an arm round his shoulder, and Naismith leaving the pitch at half-time with HIS arm round Josh''s shoulder while earnestly talking to him.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Big Vince is back !! wow how did it go this morning BV ?[/quote]

Lost everything...............ruined.

Delia is going to pay for this...................

As much as you west coast, I''ve seen his impact on the first two home games, where he''s laid into the younger players, only to see them drift out of the game, no doubt not helped by his vitriol towards them...

Holty and the better players tend to take them under their wing for a chat, not wave their arms around and mope around like a princess not getting her way.

It''s no coincidence that our youngsters have come rather good since Naismith hasn''t been involved, maybe someone had a word in Naismith''s ear since end of August and we might just be seeing a rejuvenated Naismith, who knows we can only comment on what we see during each game.

Last nights Naismith is the one every city fan wants to see not the lost little boy, throwing himself down at any oportunitiy, having a go at everyone and the ref for his own shortfall.

Long may it continue.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="hogesar"]That''s got to make a difference. Fingers crossed this is the start of Naismith''s career at Norwich..[/quote]

Lucky he''s got a house..........[/quote]
Fair play BV [:D]

[quote user="Indy"]As much as you west coast, I''ve seen his impact on the first two home games, where he''s laid into the younger players, only to see them drift out of the game, no doubt not helped by his vitriol towards them...

Holty and the better players tend to take them under their wing for a chat, not wave their arms around and mope around like a princess not getting her way.

It''s no coincidence that our youngsters have come rather good since Naismith hasn''t been involved, maybe someone had a word in Naismith''s ear since end of August and we might just be seeing a rejuvenated Naismith, who knows we can only comment on what we see during each game.

Last nights Naismith is the one every city fan wants to see not the lost little boy, throwing himself down at any oportunitiy, having a go at everyone and the ref for his own shortfall.

Long may it continue.[/quote]
Of course, we have no idea how the young players respond like westcoast says, however Goreham asked "how does it help you having experienced players like Naismith and Bassong talking you through games?" And Murphy replied "Yeah, Seb is a big help" etc etc but never mentioned Naismith.
As per, that''d be reading a bit too much into it but thought i''d put it out there.

[quote user="hogesar"]
Of course, we have no idea how the young players respond like westcoast says, however Goreham asked "how does it help you having experienced players like Naismith and Bassong talking you through games?" And Murphy replied "Yeah, Seb is a big help" etc etc but never mentioned Naismith.
As per, that''d be reading a bit too much into it but thought i''d put it out there.
[/quote]

[:O] I''d be slaughtered if I wrote something like that. Suggesting a negative from a positive situation. Disgusting. Wipe your keyboard fingers with soapy water.  Perhaps he mentioned Seb because he has known him for four years and his influence has been bigger over that time...... 

[quote user="Indy"]As much as you west coast, I''ve seen his impact on the first two home games, where he''s laid into the younger players, only to see them drift out of the game, no doubt not helped by his vitriol towards them...

Long may it continue.[/quote]The difference between us Indy is that I don''t jump to conclusions. Yes, I see what you see, but I also draw a distinction between what I actually see and the interpretation to be put on it.

As much as none of us can say things we don''t know we can comment on hat we''ve seen LDC, Naismith has a tendency to have a major dig at our youngsters on the pitch, it''s not being negative just an observation.

Maybe Murphy knew exactly what he''s saying when not mentioning Naismith? Who knows.

All this aside, it was a far better performance And long may it continue, this is the player we need to help us get up, not the moaning, lost player of the last 6 months. He has the game to be a regular but he''s got to show it, as others are doing.

Great month after a dodgy August, hopefully we can kick on in the league and get an easy home draw in the cup......

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Indy"]As much as you west coast, I''ve seen his impact on the first two home games, where he''s laid into the younger players, only to see them drift out of the game, no doubt not helped by his vitriol towards them...

Long may it continue.[/quote]The difference between us Indy is that I don''t jump to conclusions. Yes, I see what you see, but I also draw a distinction between what I actually see and the interpretation to be put on it. [/quote]

No you don''t, you have different conclusion, you must have a conclusion to have this view!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]
[/quote]

[:O] I''d be slaughtered if I wrote something like that. Suggesting a negative from a positive situation. Disgusting. Wipe your keyboard fingers with soapy water.  Perhaps he mentioned Seb because he has known him for four years and his influence has been bigger over that time...... [/quote]Seb has often publicly referred (e.g. on Twitter) to Redmond, the Murphy''s, Morris et.al as "My boys". There''s clearly a closeness between them so hog''s innuendo-laden final sentence should maybe be taken more literally than intended [:D]

Indy wrote: "No you don''t, you have different conclusion, you must have a conclusion to have this view1"I haven''t expressed any view regarding the impact Naismith has on the younger players. All I''ve said is that, since none of us is in a position to know, people shouldn''t pretend to do so.

What are you digging at me for then, I''ve said on the pitch he has a negative impact on the youngsters......on the pitch, as I said from what we''ve seen. I''ve not commented on behind the scene but it could be a reason Murphy took that question and decided to single out Seb! Who knows not me or you.

We can leave it there, one thing we can all agree on is a Naismith like last night is all we want to see.

Indy wrote the following post at 21/09/2016 6:21 PM:

What are you digging at me for then, I''ve said on the pitch he has a negative impact on the youngsters......on the pitch, as I said from what we''ve seen. I''ve not commented on behind the scene but it could be a reason Murphy took that question and decided to single out Seb! Who knows not me or you.

We can leave it there, one thing we can all agree on is a Naismith like last night is all we want to see.

What makes you think he has had a negative impact on the youngsters? Is that just an assumption or do you know something we don''t Indy?

"I see some posters in this topic as usual falling into the age old trap of comparing how good a player should be in relation to how much a club pays to sign him. This is such nonsense, how much a club pays to sign a player has bog all to do with the player, or the fans for that matter."

Mmm, I don''t think it''s nonsense SJS, I know there are other things that come into play but how much a club pays for player surely has a connection to how good he is believed to be.

Must say I felt a lot more positive when I moved from The Big House in Knox Road to my present address.

Felt a different person most days

This isn''t about him buying a house in Norwich so he can finally settle

It''s not about him appearing negative because he was in negotiations to move to Sunderland in the last window

It''s not about his influence on the younger players or his treatment towards them during games

You can break it down & analyse it to death, go around in a hundred circles

But you''re never going to get more than what he is - a very average player. He can play to his absolute capacity every week but he won''t grow extra speed or ability. He simply is not as good as Hoolahan or Jacob or Josh. Have not seen enough of Pritchard or Middleton yet. But if Naismith is in the team, he is keeping out a very decent player. Besides results there are other consequences, lack of opportunity for these players could result in them looking to play football elsewhere. I would much rather Naismith leave the club than the Murphy''s.

I''m always hopeful that Naismith, a good footballer and good human being, will come good for us. But whatever people think of him you guys should maybe listen to Josh''s interview again. He mentions Seb, who was captain when he first got games for the first team and a player who has had influence over nearly the whole time Josh has been involved in the first team, but then Josh reverts to "they" for the rest of his comments.