Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Lovely Timm

Goes against the arguement that we can''t attract players here because it''s not the bright lights of London then...

Exactly, just look at the likes of Hucks.......and why not, though I''m from Oxford, as lovely as it is,,East Anglia, Norfolk & Norwich is a fantastic part of the country. A fine place to live, long my you stay mr Klose and please pass on just how good it is to other potential City players.

A short clip of his press conference:

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/779402500168220672

What a great guy :)

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]He loves us, we should show him how much by granting him honorary Norfolk citizenship.

http://the72.co.uk/65475/timm-klose-reveals-love-for-beautiful-norfolk/?

[/quote] "We have a lot of beaches here. It''s very beautiful for us because when I played in Wolfsburg it was more of a factory city."

[:|]   

I think the whole thing about struggling to attract players is somewhat true as a lot of (mainly young or foreign) players may get the misconception that being so far away from London and the rest of the country that they will get bored. a lot of these guys probably couldn''t have pointed to Norwich on a map before hearing of our interest.

I think you''re right TJ. I suspect it''s the older players who are more likely to feel settled here and enjoy what living in Norfolk has to offer. His comment about international honours amused me but might not be a typical view amongst international quality players. I do wonder though why International managers would make a big deal about not picking a player in a top championship club, particularly if the club is doing well and the players are full of confidence. Look at the origin of some of the players in teams that did well in the Euros!

Interesting that his fiancee seems to have had a big say in him staying in Norfolk. He mentioned several times in the pre-match presser that she was a big factor in him deciding not to seek a move. Can only be good news for us if his missus has fallen in love with Norfolk.
Timm seems like such a top bloke, some of his comments in the presser had me in stitches.
On the dressing room photo: "Some of the lads told me it wasn''t really a normal thing to do in England, which is strange because in Germany, we''d be taking those kind of photos to show us celebrating, even if it was a f**king friendly!!". First time I think I''ve ever seen CanariesPlayer have to censor swearing in the presser!
On strikers in the Champs: "Alot of them are physical, and will try and give you an elbow, like Rickie Lambert did to me, but all I can do is get stronger, and hopefully next time it will be me giving him something in the face!"
Legend in the making.

Heres a bit more of his interview - hope the copy and paste works lol

I was never in doubt about my decision. Norfolk is beautiful and we are very happy"

Timm Klose

TIMM Klose believes collective determination is the key component for Norwich City as they prepare to resume their Sky Bet Championship promotion push against Burton Albion on Saturday (3pm).

A run of four successive wins in all competitions has seen the Canaries rise to second in the table, in addition to securing a last 16 berth in the EFL Cup with a fine win at Everton earlier this week.

Responding to what drives City on ahead of hosting the Brewers, Klose told the media: "The most important thing is the team spirit.

"We have a lot of quality in our team but if you have no spirit you can''t fight for each other. That''s crucial for us and we need to keep together until the end.

"We have to keep this run going as long as possible. These games are crucial for us because we have to really concentrate on the pitch.

"Burton run and fight; we need to match that. Then, with our quality, we should be able to bring them down."

There was speculation surrounding the defender''s future over the summer, but Klose says support from the fans towards the end of last season was a significant factor behind him wanting to stay at Carrow Road.

"I''m very happy here because myself and my fiancee settled really well," he explained.

"We couldn''t ask for more here as we have everything we need. That''s the most important thing.

The [Switzerland] national coach wanted me to be in a higher league but I was never in doubt about my decision. Norfolk is beautiful and we are very happy.

"After the final game of last season when we did the walk-around, I''ve never seen something like that before. Everyone was standing and applauding, which was an unbelievable feeling for me.

"You pick things like that up and try to give something back on the pitch. I don''t see myself as better than anyone else so I''m not into being like that because that''s not how I was raised.

"That''s the way I live my life and I try to give back to our fans every week. That''s just the way I am."

The 28-year-old is enjoying the relentless nature of England''s second tier, and added: "As a footballer, playing a game every three days is the most perfect thing.

"For me it''s fantastic to just play and play. I''m able to see a new league now which is so different to others that I''ve played in.

"It''s helping me to improve my game because in the Championship you have to fight even more. You have to stand up and fight, run more than the others then bring your quality.

"I''m getting better and seeing what it takes to be a good defender in this league."

His comments about sports cars and money was amazing. Refreshing to read, you can tell he''s a smart cookie. I read a good article once about European footballers being more cultured and grounded. Sure it''s not true of all of them but Timm''s antics and japery is exactly the kind of thing that make professional players seem more human and in an age of big money and bigger egos it''s relieving we have someone at the club like that.