Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Big up for Naismith

I have no idea if he will make the squad today, but if he does we need to get behind him and support anyone who wears the yellow and green, i just read a comment on another thread where someone wrote "one goal, and suddenly we think he is Messi", if we are going to be successful this season we need all players while with us to feel part of something and the fans play a huge part in that.

He has just moved his family this week, has played at the top level more than any others in our squad and i''m sure he can moan a bit, but i also trust in our manager to do the right thing by him. Can we support Naisy ??

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I have no idea if he will make the squad today, but if he does we need to get behind him and support anyone who wears the yellow and green, i just read a comment on another thread where someone wrote "one goal, and suddenly we think he is Messi", if we are going to be successful this season we need all players while with us to feel part of something and the fans play a huge part in that.

He has just moved his family this week, has played at the top level more than any others in our squad and i''m sure he can moan a bit, but i also trust in our manager to do the right thing by him. Can we support Naisy ??[/quote]Absolutely.I do wonder if people have been left a bit scarred / scared after the whole Ricky thing. I can see how some people could draw similarities.

Agreed, we should support whoever AN selects, personally I can''t understand the comments about him moaning at other players. Surely anyone who has played the game has been on the receiving end of a rollocking when they make a mistake or not pick what seems an obvious pass. They are grown men all with a tremendous will to win and in the heat of a game they will moan and rollick their team mates, far too much has been made of this aspect of Naismith.

As Alex Neil said, to be in the squad Naismith needs to perform.

If he performs I''m 100% sure the fans will back him.

I don''t buy into this "we need to support anyone who wears yellow and green" bollocks. I support players who do the business.

He has certainly not lived up to expectation, and his contribution has in the main been underwhelming, but and it is a but, he has shown in some of his link up play that he can be an intelligent footballer. £8m is not a huge price tag for a forward (is for us maybe) so lets hope if we do see him today or Tuesday night that we see his real capabilities.

8 million is still a hefty sum for a Championship forward/midfielder.

As you said he shows flashes of quality but that''s as far as it''s gone. He doesn''t create/control the game like Wes and he hasn''t scored goals. You need an attacking midfielder to be doing one or the other.

Spot on Gordon 👍. I hope he settles here and finds the form that many of us suspect he''s capable of, the Everton fans respect for him the other night was a real class touch buddy.

Just about to head in to the city, was just thinking if Naismith will get onto the bench and what reception he would get!

For me as every player, once on the pitch I''ll judge him on his performance, we all get behind the team at home at the start of every game, but if he played like his last three championship performances then he will get stick at the end of the game.

It''s up to him to put in a good shift, stop falling over looking for fouls and encourage the team as a senior pro, not a lot to ask really.

Nobody would disagree with your statement Stan, my point was if he is in the squad, lets show him support, make him feel part of it, I think the Everton fans made him feel good about himself, and we will be the ones to benefit from that.

Just to add, I don''t think he''ll be in the squad, as who do you drop? Pritchard, Murphy, Oliviera will all be there as attacking options, sure Wes and Jacob will start along with Dorrans and Brady.

I think Naismith will have to wait for his chance.

I''m looking forward to it after missing the last two home games, buzzing to see us again!

Enjoy the game, here''s for that 3-1 win.OTBC

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]He has certainly not lived up to expectation, and his contribution has in the main been underwhelming, but and it is a but, he has shown in some of his link up play that he can be an intelligent footballer. £8m is not a huge price tag for a forward (is for us maybe) so lets hope if we do see him today or Tuesday night that we see his real capabilities.[/quote]Thats kinda the point though, 8 million is a lot for us, which is why people make such a big deal about it.

Thoroughly agree Lessingham, he ain''t going to start for sure but if he does get a chance off the bench then let''s get behind the guy.

Ive got a feeling that he''s just had a little blip as we all do and that he''ll come good for us and be an important member of the squad for the rest of the season.

Think now that theyve moved and hes not flying back to Scotland every week to see his wife and kids it ll make a difference.

[quote user="Diane"]Ive got a feeling that he''s just had a little blip as we all do and that he''ll come good for us and be an important member of the squad for the rest of the season.

Think now that theyve moved and hes not flying back to Scotland every week to see his wife and kids it ll make a difference.[/quote]

Yes. Getting the family settled is a worry for anybody when you move around with jobs etc.  I can imagine it will be a huge relief for him. 

An awesome talent in his day but, sadly, I think his legs have gone. Looks a fraction off the pace now and that stops him doing damage. Everton sold at just the right time I think.