Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Rude and arrogant

This is nothing, away supporters can''t even buy a beer at Watford - still, the 9 pints of Bovril went down well 👍

It''s such a shame that the club don''t sell a programme or something before the match that has all the names of the away team in.

That way if you were really interested in who was playing you could buy one of those . . . .

Or, you could listen properly, as I heard the Wigan team read out by the stadium announcer just before they read out our team

[quote user="Alex "]This is nothing, away supporters can''t even buy a beer at Watford - still, the 9 pints of Bovril went down well 👍[/quote]Sounds good to me - both the non-beer availability AND the bovril [:D]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Alex "]This is nothing, away supporters can''t even buy a beer at Watford - still, the 9 pints of Bovril went down well 👍[/quote]Sounds good to me - both the non-beer availability AND the bovril [:D][/quote]
Nah, the only reason i''d want to be sober and in Watford is if I was having a magical adventure at Harry Potter world.

[quote user="Yellow Fever Returns"]It''s such a shame that the club don''t sell a programme or something before the match that has all the names of the away team in.

That way if you were really interested in who was playing you could buy one of those . . . .

Or, you could listen properly, as I heard the Wigan team read out by the stadium announcer just before they read out our team[/quote]And then there are mobile phones with up-to-the-minute live updates on sites like Twitter and the Offy site.But of course, this thread is about people who don''t have phones, chat to their mates while the announcements are being made or don''t buy programs.Must be loads of them......

Yellow fever returns;

Or, you could listen properly, as I heard the Wigan team read out by the stadium announcer just before they read out our team

Read it out and tried to keep up with the big screen where the names were displayed, as they are at all home games, admittedly we didn''t thank Wigan for coming, or offer them a free Galway Roast.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Yellow Fever Returns"]It''s such a shame that the club don''t sell a programme or something before the match that has all the names of the away team in.

Or, you could listen properly, as I heard the Wigan team read out by the stadium announcer just before they read out our team[/quote]And then there are mobile phones with up-to-the-minute live updates on sites like Twitter and the Offy site.But of course, this thread is about people who don''t have phones, chat to their mates while the announcements are being made or don''t buy programs.Must be loads of them......[/quote]

Why bother to read our team out then?

I''m not particularly fussed either way, but I guess its the fact that someone at the club has decided not to announce the away team before kick off this season. They''d probably say its because its displayed on the big screen.

They announce the home team to whip up a little atmosphere, which is also why there''s always a chorus of OTBC.

Been saying for years that we should make Carrow Road less friendly for away fans, totally agree with not reading the opponents team out, if I want to know who''s playing I''ll look in the programme.

Many grounds I have visited do exactly the same thing, worry about our own...

Well done Norwich, just my opinion of course....

Don''t need a programme anymore, just take a picture of the big screen, and you have the full team (on there)and if you don''t recognise any of the players then ask the bloke next to you !

[quote user="im spartacus"]Whenever I have been away particularly in the championship the stadium announcer welcomes Norwich and there supporters hopes they had a pleasant journey and wishes them a safe journey home. Tonight they didn''t even announce the wigan team before kick off.

It''s disrespectful and p1ss poor manners.[/quote]

I seem to recall not that long ago Norwich was voted by away fans as one of the worst grounds to visit. Perhaps this is one of a number of reasons...............

Another reason for the Board to go. Sullying the reputation of a fine city. Always thought they were binmen in disguise.

I agree Carrow Road should be more intimidating for away fans as they approach Norwich they should feel terrified

I would suggest outside city hall that we place Morty Tilly And Lapps dressed as French Tarts and shouting abuse as the buses drive by if that doesn''t terrify them nothing will

[quote user="The young canary"]I agree Carrow Road should be more intimidating for away fans as they approach Norwich they should feel terrified

I would suggest outside city hall that we place Morty Tilly And Lapps dressed as French Tarts and shouting abuse as the buses drive by if that doesn''t terrify them nothing will[/quote]Not quite sure how you arrived there, but you''re probably not wrong.[:)]

Or we could have our embarrassment of a Chairman and his bent wife doing the Salsa outside the Jarrold /Galway/South/ Stand

Genuine question Willo, why would you want CR to be less friendly to away fans?

Seriously????

To intimidate the opposition, to give us some sort of advantage, to create some form of negativity in the opponents heads, anything to assist us to win 3 points.....

Genuine question, why would you want CR to be friendly to away fans??

[quote user="The young canary"]I agree Carrow Road should be more intimidating for away fans as they approach Norwich they should feel terrified I would suggest outside city hall that we place Morty Tilly And Lapps dressed as French Tarts and shouting abuse as the buses drive by if that doesn''t terrify them nothing will[/quote]

It must be strange, not to say horrifying, to view the world from Waveney''s perspective.  Probably goes a long way to explain what he posts.

[quote user="The young canary"]I agree Carrow Road should be more intimidating for away fans as they approach Norwich they should feel terrified

I would suggest outside city hall that we place Morty Tilly And Lapps dressed as French Tarts and shouting abuse as the buses drive by if that doesn''t terrify them nothing will[/quote]What could be more intimidating than having someone standing near the coach park on Lower Clarence Road pelting the visiting fans with poor quality meat pies that have not been eaten by some big old heffer ? [;)]

Agree with intimidating the oposition team and creating a hostile atmosphere at fortress CR to get us three points Willo. Definitely.

Supporters are a different matter as far as I''m concerned though. We all deserve some respect. I certainly expect to be treated in a friendly way when I go away. The songs and banter between fans are a great part of the match for me. We need to be encouraging away fans not putting them off. The atmosphere would be pretty cr@p without them

I get the jist of your feelings willo (gaining advantages as we are the home team etc), but are you advocating a ''Millwall'' type experience?

tbh, mind games on the opposition teams (such as we painted the away team dressing room a dull grey colour) don''t really work anymore, and do we really need to take football back to the dark ages, when football fan violence was the norm? I know the likes of Celtic/Rangers still have a ridiculous (religious) hatred, but, at the end of the day it is ONLY football.

That didn''t read particularly well. What I was getting at was respect for someone who has differing views (teams) to ourselves, and relying on the best team winning, not relying on testosterone etc

Perhaps we could arrange for an announcer with a relevant regional accent to welcome away fans,and someone on the pitch to sign the words for those who might be hard of hearing.(personally I think a few words on the lines of " you can fark off, you northern monkeys " should suffice).

By rights I should support Spurs or arsenal as they are local to me.

I don''t and that''s because I came to love the fine city from family holidays, my support of the club followed. The last thing I would want is for it to get any sort of reputation as an unwelcoming place. Perhaps it''s different if you inherit your support

Also, I''d like to see the club do its bit to ensure the city has a decent reputation and that people want to visit. If good manners means a Few hundred over a season come back for a weekend is that not a good thing? (Insert "except for people from x" here)

Besides, the idea that Norwich could be the next galatasaray is laughable.

[quote user="Barbe bleu"]By rights I should support Spurs or arsenal as they are local to me.

I don''t and that''s because I came to love the fine city from family holidays, my support of the club followed. The last thing I would want is for it to get any sort of reputation as an unwelcoming place. Perhaps it''s different if you inherit your support

Also, I''d like to see the club do its bit to ensure the city has a decent reputation and that people want to visit. If good manners means a Few hundred over a season come back for a weekend is that not a good thing? (Insert "except for people from x" here)

Besides, the idea that Norwich could be the next galatasaray is laughable.[/quote]Good point. My wife and daughter came for the weekend with me for the play-off semi final and keep asking me when we can go for another weekend in Norwich.They''re not so keen on coming to Newcastle on Wednesday night for some reason.