Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Burton Albion

[quote user="king canary"]@LDC

While I like and rate Tettey he would be one of the positions I''d look to upgrade if we went back up. A real, disciplined holding midfielder is essential to letting our more creative players play with freedom.[/quote]Agree with both of you. I''m a Tettey fan, and we miss him when he''s not playing, but if we are asking our full backs to play like wing backs then we need a central DM (I daren''t say "pivot" [;)]) who drops more comfortably into, and is better equipped for, in effect a three at the back role. That would allow the CBs to split wider without compromising our centre defensively.

[quote user="AJ"]Did you go to the Wigan game Canary Fan? During that second half, did you genuinely think we were the better side?

There''s work to be done for sure. But the great bit is of course that we''re top of the league with 5 wins on the bounce and know that we can go on and play better. Newcastle is our next test, win that and I''ll be a lot blue convinced![/quote]
Didn''t go but listened to it, we certainly were not the weaker side over 90 minutes. Fairly even game overall. Yes it got nervy toward the final whistle but Neil likes to defend deep at the depth when winning. 
Birmingham are the only side who have undoubtedly outplayed us this season. That is the only game we have failed to compete.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="AJ"]Did you go to the Wigan game Canary Fan? During that second half, did you genuinely think we were the better side?

There''s work to be done for sure. But the great bit is of course that we''re top of the league with 5 wins on the bounce and know that we can go on and play better. Newcastle is our next test, win that and I''ll be a lot blue convinced![/quote]
Didn''t go but listened to it, we certainly were not the weaker side over 90 minutes. Fairly even game overall. Yes it got nervy toward the final whistle but Neil likes to defend deep at the depth when winning. 
Birmingham are the only side who have undoubtedly outplayed us this season. That is the only game we have failed to compete.
[/quote]It''s funny how we see things differently.....I thought Wigan were unlucky not to win but as you admitted it was a fairly even game overall.I agree with Ricardo that we haven''t been at our best this season so it is a pleasant surprise to be top of the League this weekend. We did play well against Blackburn - who have become almost everybody''s whipping boys - and the 1-0 home win against Bristol City was comfortable too. The only other convincing League display was last week at the City Ground.I''m looking forward to the two big away tests this week. If they can play like they did at Forest we''ll all be smiling.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Didn''t go but listened to it[/quote]It''s funny how we see things differently.....[/quote]Might be something to do with the fact that someone was watching on the wireless, whilst the other was actually there. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Didn''t go but listened to it[/quote]It''s funny how we see things differently.....[/quote]Might be something to do with the fact that someone was watching on the wireless, whilst the other was actually there. [;)][/quote]

Are you suggesting that only fans who attend matches can make claims to how well or badly the team performed? 

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Didn''t go but listened to it[/quote]It''s funny how we see things differently.....[/quote]Might be something to do with the fact that someone was watching on the wireless, whilst the other was actually there. [;)][/quote]

Are you suggesting that only fans who attend matches can make claims to how well or badly the team performed? [/quote]Calm down Tcf, Smithy''s comment made me smile, that''s all. If it helps, I watched the game on the wireless too. [;)]