Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Burton tomorrow - team/score

Not just saying this because it''s Burton Albion. That means nothing, but I do think this weekend everything will click into place we''re finally going to smash a team at home.

That''s going off of form looking at the two squads matching up, we''re due a comfortable home win and we''ve won almost every game I haven''t been able to watch or listen to, which will be the case again tomorrow

4-0 Jerome, Hoolahan, Brady, Pritchard

Is the old phrase "gone for a Burton" about to acquire a new meaning -- referring to the virtual fate of posters who predict 4:0 wins for City only for the game to be lost [:D]

westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 23/09/2016 7:09 PM:

Is the old phrase "gone for a Burton" about to acquire a new meaning -- referring to the virtual fate of posters who predict 4:0 wins for City only for the game to be lost Big Smile [:D]

👍

Burton appear to have a laid-back approach; they rocked up at Sprowston Manor around 11pm last night. Seems an odd time to travel over; I hope they were tired & dejected, however I suspect it''s ''normal'' for them?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Burton appear to have a laid-back approach; they rocked up at Sprowston Manor around 11pm last night. Seems an odd time to travel over; I hope they were tired & dejected, however I suspect it''s ''normal'' for them?[/quote]I don''t know much about them, but they may get a surprise coming to Norwich.  Small clubs can do a lot on self-belief and determination,  but their bubble will usually burst along the way somewhere.  I hope it''s today. 6-0.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Burton appear to have a laid-back approach; they rocked up at Sprowston Manor around 11pm last night. Seems an odd time to travel over; I hope they were tired & dejected, however I suspect it''s ''normal'' for them?[/quote]Nah, good planning. Somebody clearly researched Friday afternoon traffic patterns on the A14 and A47.

Odd one for me today, on paper this should be an easy win for us. But I think we all know how we can be our own worst enemies sometimes.As ever, first goal vital, and will dictate the pace of the game. If they score first, it could turn out to be "one of those days".

Norfolk Mustard wrote

Burton appear to have a laid-back approach; they rocked up at Sprowston Manor around 11pm last night. Seems an odd time to travel over; I hope they were tired & dejected, however I suspect it''s ''normal'' for them?

Reminds me of my non league days, waiting on players who had to work all day then travel to meet up with the coach and then arrive very late at night, a bit of a lie in on the morning, no problem. They still have their roots in those days, same chairman as then, just more luxurious coaches and better hotels.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Norfolk Mustard wrote

Reminds me of my non league days, waiting on players who had to work all day then travel to meet up with the coach and then arrive very late at night, a bit of a lie in on the morning, no problem. They still have their roots in those days, same chairman as then, just more luxurious coaches and better hotels.[/quote]

Very good point! Their version of ''normal'' is slightly different to others - but it''s worked well for them hasn''t it? I think we''ll see either a tight, jittery game with 1 goal in it - or a 4+ goal demolition. Not expecting anything average today....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]morty wrote:

''''I read somewhere that no one has beaten them by more than one goal, since March.

May not be as easy as some think.''''

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is that you retracting your ''no less than 3-0'' prediction then Morty...? ;)[/quote]Partially.I shall have a fiver on 3-1, but may have a backup of 1-1.[:)][/quote]Score, please morty, for the Newcastle game? [Y]