Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Burton tomorrow - team/score

Burton seem a well-run club. Is it a potential banana skin for us? We''re on a good run, but we can''t be complacent.

My team:

McGovern

Pinto, Martin, Klose, Olsson

Dorrans, Howson

Jacob, Wes, Brady

Jerome.

Subs: Ruddy, Bennett, Mulumbu, Josh, Naismith, Pritchard, Oliveira

A tight 2-0 win.

I read somewhere that no one has beaten them by more than one goal, since March.May not be as easy as some think.

Can''t see it being easy at all. I wouldn''t say they''re a banana skin either as that implies they''re a bottom half Champ side. I can see them pushing for mid table encroaching on play-off periphery.

I''d go with the team in the OP''s opener maybe with Mulumbu in for Howson. I read somewhere that Burton are fairly free scoring so be good to have that extra bit of defensive muscle.

Oli and Naisy on bench.

I doubt AN will ever play anyone ahead of Howson - he''s one of the first players on his teamsheet as a holding midfielder or a more attacking one (which I think he''s much better at).

Yeah, it''s this which bothers me. I would like to stop shipping goals though, I feel having a slight more muscle in front of the back four would be nice. Plus Howson isn''t great on the ''wing'' of that attacking three. He''s not terrible of course but we have better players suited to that role, don''t need to list them you know who they are.

Burton strike me as the type of team that''ll will sneak a goal and park the cow.

Score probs 2-1

OP''s team looks about right to me. Is Tettey definitely out? I thought AN had said he was ''very unlikely'' to feature at Forest, implying that the injury was only short-term?

As said in other thread I would drop Brady just for keeping him fresh. 3 games in a week is quite hefty sum.

Also if they keep playing 3-5-2 there should be lot of room at wide areas for Pritchard or Naismith to use for cut ins.

Hard one for midfield. Mulumbu would offer some strenght in front of CB''s, but Dorrans is more comfortable with ball and if we win midfield tomorrow we probably win the game.

Most of their goals have come from crosses and run from midfield so keeping Irvine and Naylor at bay should do the job. If they keep ball long enough to push their formations forward we are asking trouble. Their strikers alone should not possess real threat.

So I would go for Nottingham team with replacing Brady for Pritchard or if we choose to go for not winning the possession Pritchard, Mulumbu and Bennett in for Brady, Dorrans and Martin.

A goos start tomorrow and we will win 3-1, if CR is jittery then we may struggle and win by an odd goal, sure it wont be easy but I do feel we are just hitting form at a good time before the trip to St James''s next week.

Definitely going to be a tough game.  Looking at their results in the league, they''ve beaten Wednesday 3-1 and Derby 1-0 at home while losing 2-1 to Bristol City and 1-0 to Brighton (sounds like Brighton were a bit fortunate to get the goal that broke down their resistance ).

Away they''ve had draws at Wolves, Fulham and Blackburn, plus they lost 4-3 on the opening day at Forest.

At Wolves, Burton got an equalizer at the death; at Fulham, the home side dominated possession but Burton snatched a goal and were only denied the win by a Fulham equalizer in injury time.

So I expect them to be very tight/organized and try to grab a goal on the break.  Definitely they''ll be a test for whether City can break down a well-organised but inferior team. On paper we should get a 5th win here.  But I''ve followed City long enough that I wouldn''t be surprised if we follow up wins at Forest and Everton with a 1-0 home defeat to Burton...  And you can easily see them getting a draw.

I hope we now have the creativity to overcome this sort of side at home, in a way that we sometimes struggled to a couple of seasons back. Tomorrow will be a good test of whether my faith is well founded !

If we do turn them over, like some of the optimists on here expect, it will be another very impressive result.

And for the team, I think you can''t change the winning lineup from Forest except Pritchard in for Brady on the left.  Defo Howson and Dorrans behind Wes in midfield.  Jerome up front.  Plenty of attacking options if we need to change things.

morty wrote:

''''I read somewhere that no one has beaten them by more than one goal, since March.

May not be as easy as some think.''''

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is that you retracting your ''no less than 3-0'' prediction then Morty...? ;)

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]morty wrote:

''''I read somewhere that no one has beaten them by more than one goal, since March.

May not be as easy as some think.''''

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is that you retracting your ''no less than 3-0'' prediction then Morty...? ;)[/quote]Partially.I shall have a fiver on 3-1, but may have a backup of 1-1.[:)]

1-1 would be a bit of a damp squib. My mates going though and I don''t think we ever win when he watches. Went with him to Sheff Weds ''nuff said.

First goal is vital I think. If we get one early on (as we did with Wigan), it changes the whole game. But the longer the game goes on without a goal, the more desperate and critical the crowd will get - as we saw v Sheff Wed.

I really want us to play at a high tempo. We were slow against Cardiff and much quicker v Wigan, partly because they were moving the ball quicker as well.

This game has a whiff of Charlton/Wigan about it from the previous promotion season; in a rich vein of form, looking unstoppable and then all of a sudden....0-1.

Let''s hope that''s not the case.. 2-0 Norwich!

Like most of the comments on this thread I suspect ot will be a tight game. breaking down a stubborn defence is likely to be the challenge so i would hope that the bench gives us options if needed in the second half.

If we bring the graft we have seen this last week then we should get all that matters, 3 points.

Norwich City 4-2-3-1 football formationManager and players are going to be upbeat - players are in form and competing for places - we''re going to rip Burton a fresh ars*hole and remind them of where they belong -- 5-1 City.

2-0 city

Our defence is well-oiled and will be on top of their striker threat. Midfield battle with us coming out on top... Jerome and Brady with the goals.

I like the look of Jools team (Brady/Olsson combo) and feel we have a real bit of momentum, and as much as I respect Burton will look to keep it tight , and frustrate, I predict a 3 or 4 -0 win, with 4 being my favourite!

I''m a little bit worried about this game, cup final for them and risk of a bit of complacency for us. AN will be warning against this but it''s on the pitch that counts. 😀

Crabbycanary3 wrote the following post at 23/09/2016 4:46 PM:

I like the look of Jools team (Brady/Olsson combo) and feel we have a real bit of momentum, and as much as I respect Burton will look to keep it tight , and frustrate, I predict a 3 or 4 -0 win, with 4 being my favourite

The Pinto /Murphy combo 🙄 is the none that does it for me

I think that Woodman is about right - no Naismith, despite the Scottish connection, in the starting team. The only question is whether Ruddy did enough to threaten McGovern.

I think a low scoring game, 1-0 to us or 2-1.

What frightened predictions!

We should blats these on our own patch, especially if we aspire to promotion.

4-0 for me.

Anything less than a win and us fickles will have those doubts again.