Sign in to follow this  
danielsroundabout

Captain Calamity's Cover-up Continues

Donkey Dangler, which perhaps say it all, the fact is he is a CB, cos he has been selected there for the last 4 games and is selected there for Scotland, so therefore is a CB.

The fact is you don''t like it, which is obvious to all.

As and when we have a CB who covers for the errors of the other CB and the RB as well as he does, then, and only then, I''ll accept he could be replaced.

Over to you Donkey D*ck.

History shows you can get out of this league with Martin at CB.

Not the greatest defender you will see but he knows the ropes at this level.

Klose was caught out a few times yesterday and hasn''t really shown himself to be a cut above this season. Yet.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Russell Martin was poor the last time we were in The Championship and he hasnt got any better![/quote]You mean the season we were promoted and Martin was named as 1 of the 2 CB''s in the Championship team of the season....tell me again how poor he is...[/quote]
Yeah. People seem to conveniently miss that.

Firstly we haven''t played the likes of Newcastle, Brighton etc yet. However even Burton exposed the weaknesses in our CB''s on Saturday. When we get promoted, Martin''s lack of pace will be really obvious like it was last season when he was found on many a time to be trotting back in the wake of his opponent.

Bit of a non-sensical reply that DD. Klose was seriously undone by players much shorter than himself at the weekend, and struggled greatly with Murphy at Ipswich (who is now with our next opponents). I don''t see you and other Martin detractors leading the charge to get him dropped? Perhaps it''s a cover up from you

I would imagine that Martin is probably up there with, if not the paciest of our CBs. If pace is your problem, I dread to think what you think of Bennett and Turner?

Fairly irrelevant whether Martin will get found out in the Prem - I imagine most fans would look to address Martin et al''s weaknesses when we get promoted, but the first huge task is to actually get there - and Martin, as our captain, is going to be a big part of that whether your are biased against him of not.

This thread is just rather funny - seems there''s plenty who dislike RM (playing) with a passion and nothing will change their opinion. Fact is, the Burton goal was crappy defending all round, Martin was not really any more to blame than anyone else and in general I would say Klose probably looked more iffy during the game.

As to those insistent that we''ve not played the decent sides yet, I say we have actually played a decent mix: for example, Sheff Wed were playoff finalists, Cardiff 8th last season, Brum fancied for top-6 in many publications and all sides at this level can play a bit. We''ve not hit top form yet, but are still top of the table - surely something even the most miserable ought to be able to see a positive in!

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Firstly we haven''t played the likes of Newcastle, Brighton etc yet. However even Burton exposed the weaknesses in our CB''s on Saturday. When we get promoted, Martin''s lack of pace will be really obvious like it was last season when he was found on many a time to be trotting back in the wake of his opponent.[/quote]What a fantastic problem to have! I hope you''re right!!