Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Dissent

On the whole, our players seem to be handling the new ''no dissent'' rule pretty well, apart from Olsson on Saturday of course. My question is more about the managers and coaches on the sideline. The Burton manager and assistant were dreadful on Saturday - why don''t the new rules apply to them? Am I right in thinking a ref will only send a coach/manager from the bench. i.e. no yellow card?

Not so sure our players are handling it that well yet. Klose was booked for dissent against Cardiff and Tettey has been booked for dissent at least twice this season.

But I''ve no idea why the Burton manager and assistant were allowed to get away with what they did on Saturday.

Nor do I have a scooby, as to why Ward (Burton No 12) got away with haranging the Ref at least 4 times on Sat, without so much as a hush up, from the Ref.

What exactly was their coaches problem anyway? A bad tackle on Russel Martin, which he rightly had a moan about, and baldy / fatty absolutely lost it.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Not so sure our players are handling it that well yet. Klose was booked for dissent against Cardiff and Tettey has been booked for dissent at least twice this season.

But I''ve no idea why the Burton manager and assistant were allowed to get away with what they did on Saturday.[/quote]

Fair point - Tettey''s are a given really, and the Klose one was absolutely ridiculous refereeing. He was battered by Lambert''s elbow (for the second time), then the ref beckoned our physio on without asking Klose if he wanted treatment, which he objected to, and was promptly booked.

But, since then, we seem to be a bit more restrained.

Morty - I assume they thought Martin was trying to get their player booked??

This new rule has given referees even more reign to act like mini-hitlers.

The timm klose one a few weeks back was utterly pathetic and vindictive from a ref that clearly wasn''t as in charge of the game as he thought he was.

Andy Garner should not have finished the game on the touch line, now if we really want to use the term "bell end" then let''s direct it at him.

[quote user="VanWink"]Andy Garner should not have finished the game on the touch line, now if we really want to use the term "bell end" then let''s direct it at him.[/quote]

This is my point - how come a coach / manager can yell at a ref, yet a player can''t even question a decision without getting booked.

I have to agree, everyone player & management should be under the same rule.

I like it, it''s good to stop the likes of Manures pressure by their players on refs. Only the captain should be allowed to approach the ref as in rugby.

Indy wrote;

I like it, it''s good to stop the likes of Manures pressure by their players on refs. Only the captain should be allowed to approach the ref as in rugby.

Thought was supposed to be the rule now Indy, only the captain is supposed to discuss any contentious points with the ref ?.