Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Serge Canos

[quote user="Move Klose"]I reckon a big clear out will happen next summer no matter what division we are in.[/quote]Olsson, Bassong, Mulumbu, Bennett, Lafferty, Turner, Whittaker and some youngsters all out of contract. You''d think we''d try and resign Olsson, although unless we''re promoted I struggle to see it happening. Perhaps Bennett too. Whatever happens it''s an awful lot of wages saved for new signings.Great position to be in if we''re promoted. If we''re not I imagine we''ll be in for an even bigger rebuild.

[quote user="Move Klose"]The fact that Canos, Turner & Lafferty couldn''t get into the "2nd XI" add to that Toffolo, Andreu & Maddison are all out on loan aswell. Tells ya how strong the competition is.

All could get into other champ sides 1st XI.

That''s why I reckon a big clear out will happen next summer no matter what division we are in.[/quote]

To be honest, I was expecting a clear out this summer. I really didn''t expect Turner, Bassong, Whitaker, Mulumbu and Lafferty to still be on our books, plus I fully expected us to sell Brady, Olsson, Naismith and Klose. In the end, we only sold Redmond, retained a lot of experience and recruited some excellent prospects - including Canos.

As a result of that, Canos, Maddison, Toffolo and to a lesser extent Thomson and Morris are finding it hard to get into the squad, let alone the first 11.

I do agree with your assessment Keiran but things don''t always go the way you''d expect.

Whittaker was out of contract this year yet he was re-signed.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I do agree with your assessment Keiran but things don''t always go the way you''d expect.

Whittaker was out of contract this year yet he was re-signed.[/quote]Wasn''t an automatic option that was triggered, rather than actually signing anything new?

No, that was Turner. Whitts got another year because we were relegated and Neil obviously though that Pinto and Whittaker was good enough. He admitted his self that he''d have gone had we''d stayed up.Other than the 2 I mentioned I could only see Bassong potentially earning another year.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]No, that was Turner. Whitts got another year because we were relegated and Neil obviously though that Pinto and Whittaker was good enough. He admitted his self that he''d have gone had we''d stayed up.Other than the 2 I mentioned I could only see Bassong potentially earning another year. [/quote][Y]

" I really didn''t expect Turner, Bassong, Whitaker, Mulumbu and Lafferty to still be on our books,"

Problem is that we have to find another club who will take on that final year of their contract. Usually it means the ''leaving'' club having to make up the difference.It may have been that it worked out financially better to keep them on.

I''d expect us to try and resign Olsson, Bennett and the Murphy twins. Outside of that I think we''ll happily let Mulumbu, Lafferty and co walk. But then I thought we would let Whittaker go this summer...

[quote user="king canary"]I''d expect us to try and resign Olsson, Bennett and the Murphy twins. Outside of that I think we''ll happily let Mulumbu, Lafferty and co walk. But then I thought we would let Whittaker go this summer...[/quote]Whilst we continue to play RM at centre back, Whittaker is adequate cover at RB.For this league, anyway.