Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

Poor formation

[quote]YER AND i''m sick of moaning so called supporters like you lot, support your team for christ sake it''s boring listen to this worthy drivel every time we don''t win.[/quote]

we have been collectively giving our club good support all through the premiership season when we were dumped out with only the smallest of impacts.  We have watched an ''on paper'' championship winning side play terrible, naive football all of the current season as well.  Unlike you i am not going to blindly support the management until doomsday.  This is not about the players or the team, it is about POOR management.

So yeah I am going to moan, and constructively argue for and support any move to remove Worthington because I believe he does not have the talent to take the club forward any further.  I have a valid arguement based around poor selections, formations and tactics, as well as questioning the morale of the players due to the current regime.  Your argument seems based around ''shout loudly and ignore the facts''. 

Think you destroyed your own point by saying ''every time we don''t win''.  That is the very reason why people have had enough, we are not winning games we should!

As always I agree with the more sensible constructive posters - ZLF, Fatman, Mook, Yankee etc.

Someone mentioned boo''ing at half time  - I sit in the Barclay and there was a lot of boo''ing, but the same fans appauled the team back onto the pitch for the second half.   That is what it''s all about, a message to Worthy and the team that you are not satisfied as they leave the pitch, but then your full support when they come back on.

Worthy''s team selection, tactics, persistance with old regulars and use of substitutes has been woeful for two seasons now.

Henderson scored twice against Millwall the last time we played them at home, but not only does he opt to play a centre mid out wide right, where Hendo can play, but he only brings Hendo on with 4 minutes of normal time left to play!!!!   What can any player at any level do in 4 minutes?  

Also on the Hendo sub point, why did he take off Jarret who was playing better IMO than Charlton?

Huckerby looked lost on the right, loads of us were screaming for him to get up the pitch because he was always on the toes of Colin as he came forwards with the ball and the only option was to ping between each other and then play it backwards to Davenport or Doc.

The fact is Worthy is demonstrating yet again that HE DOES NOT LEARN from mistakes and something has to be done about it.   Whether this means sacking him or someone giving him a blommin good talking to I don''t know.

On a positive Doc is looking good now he is being partnered with someone half decent that takes responsibility for his own area rather than palming everything onto Doc (erm hmm Flemming).  Sorry if that has been discussed in other threads, but I have been off the boards for ages.   Always said Doc would be good for us, just need to make sure that if Davenport returns to Spurs it is Shackell that takes his place and not Flemo.

I love it when we win because, other than for the obvious reason, I really enjoy reading positive comments on a Monday when I visit the Forum, rather than all the negatives I have read today, on many a thread. IMO (for what it''s worth) Worthy did get it tactically wrong on Saturday, but I am more conscious of 2 FACTS:

If Hucks had done his job right and scored the penalty (if you''re reading this Hucks, I still thinbk you''re the best thing that''s happened to NCFC in years) we would have won 2-1 (assuming no other goals of course!). Still the same witch-hunts I wonder?

If, similarly, Deano had done his job right against Reading and scored the penalty (with same proviso as above) we would have then been level on points with Wolves who occupy a play-off position and, at this point in the season, that would do for me

If Hux had scored and we got three points wiould it just have created a veil over a poor performance and tactical ineptitude?

Less than the results it is about the peformance.  I was unlucky enough to miss the Hull game but the best I have seen us play this season was against Reading when we were mugged - bossed the game without creating enough or scoring but the personnel and formation (yes the diamond) were right and we looked like a team.

Saturday win lose or draw it was a poor performance, mainly as a result of the manager.

OTBC  

At last some semblance of debate.

This board has become tedious of late due to the lack of debate. Too many posts of the nature "you can''t be a City fan if all you do is whinge". The people that have complained are backing up their comments with reasons. For those of you who have counter arguments to why Saturday was a good result and why Worthy is doing a good job be decent enough to justify why you think those things are true, rather than throwing out the normal rhetoric that all the "moaners" are closet binners. Those posters are not closet binners - they''re no less City fans than the KTFers or the pro-Worthy camp, they just want and expect more than is being given at the moment.

Here''s the definition of debate from Websters dictionary - "a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal". Sadly, it''s something this board has been lacking for some time.

Of course Monday is a better day if we have won - and won well. Sadly, at the moment this is not happening - and the pattern is still going on, as detailed above by ZLF and others as to why.

IMO Worthy just doesn''t have the tactical genius to get us to where we all want to be.  I cannot put my hand on my heart and say I have seen a sustained period of good football this season, we have beaten teams far poorer than us and surrended games we should have won. 

Yes, we have injuries, and a lot of them seem to happen at Colney!  Other teams have injuries, but they don''t seem to repeat old theories until they are blue in the face, (okay here I go again), playing people out of position, fielding players unfit and therefore making them more likely to worsen their injury, and favouritism. 

Although we do have time to save our season I can see no evidence that things are changing for the better. 

Good point raised there, a lot of our injuries do seem to be sustained at colney, my Dad commented on that on the way to the game Saturday, but I was in my positive pre-match mind set and just dismissed his comment.

Is Worthy''s focus on fitness, fitness, fitness actually overworking some players with niggling injuries and therefore making them more prone to injury?   Overuse injury is very common because players  lie about their condition because they want to play.   Coaches have to be able to recognise posible injuries even when the player says he is fine and perhaps our current coaches are too focused on fitness they are missing the little signs, just a thought?!??!