Sign in to follow this  
Buh

New stadium - careful what you wish for

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ron Manager"] I can''t really see how a second tier could be built above the existing one and not effect the lower tier [/quote]

Ron, take this side on view and see how the main part of any upper tier or extension would not impact that greatly on the existing lower part (marked in red on here.  Remove the roof, build upawards and backwards, all supports behind the existing structure.

Image result for two tier football stand cross section

[/quote]Would that leave no roof on the lower part of the stand?

[quote user="Betty Swallox"]

ps it is also an access road, not a main thoroughfare as Carrow Road is

[/quote]Due to the new bus gate outside the club shop City1st Carrow Road is no longer a main thoroughfare. If you drive from the hotel end you now can only turn left by the club shop which takes you past Yellows and the box office and then left past the car park and round full circle back to the hotel. There is no right turn at the club shop out onto Carrow bridge so i take it you have not been down to the ground lately ? [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ron Manager"] I can''t really see how a second tier could be built above the existing one and not effect the lower tier [/quote]

Ron, take this side on view and see how the main part of any upper tier or extension would not impact that greatly on the existing lower part (marked in red on here.  Remove the roof, build upawards and backwards, all supports behind the existing structure.

Image result for two tier football stand cross section

[/quote]Would that leave no roof on the lower part of the stand?[/quote]shhhwe''ll have none of your factual points here if you don''t mind

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Betty Swallox"]

ps it is also an access road, not a main thoroughfare as Carrow Road is

[/quote]Due to the new bus gate outside the club shop City1st Carrow Road is no longer a main thoroughfare. If you drive from the hotel end you now can only turn left by the club shop which takes you past Yellows and the box office and then left past the car park and round full circle back to the hotel. There is no right turn at the club shop out onto Carrow bridge so i take it you have not been down to the ground lately ? [;)][/quote]Oh dear, by main thouroughfare I mean that it is a public roads, whereas the anfield one is no more than an access road which is rarely usedand all those years on point duty, tchand no I haven''t been to Carrow Road since the 58 cup run when I had to stand in the Wensum Stand with no roof over me

A thoroughfare is a road that takes you from one place to another but as i said it now just takes you round in a full circle to where you started.

Now that is original. You had me there as i never saw that coming in a million years. Maybe you should change your name again as that really is funny.