Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Hotel Corner

Meant to write this before, but imo, the problem of the hotel - which has been an eyesore since it was put up -  has been solved with the siting of the big screen there. No-one really sees the hotel any more when they look across there because the screen has taken it''s place in the eye-line.  Putting seats in there and other solutions that have been suggested are no longer necessary as there is now something there that is part of the match day atmosphere.  All that long thread for nothing.......[:(][Y]

Money down the drain for fans, when the sun shines on it its a blur and I''m sure fans in the N&P find it difficult. Should have gone for a fill-in with seats extended for away fans so we could have sold some of the away fans area to City fans

Can''t say i''m a massive fan of it - everyone''s too busy looking to watch the replay when it turns to the Barclay that they seem to stop celebrating the goal and paying attention to the match.

The whole seats thing was settled by the fact that corner infills are ridiculously expensive for the amount of actual seats you gain. I should imagine there was also some debate from the Holiday inn about building something there, and hotel guests having to look at the brick wall at the back of a stand.

"Remember Snodgrass holding play up in that corner against Swansea, epic."

Nothing to do with getting a result though. He''d pulled before the game and needed to book a room for the night ... selfish little flucker that he was.

[quote user="The young canary"]I do love how LDC can reawaken a long dead subject and get it going again

Respect[/quote]Putting it to bed, more.  For me it was always about a disconnect between the Barclay and the Jarrold. This has gone now and far from not ever wanting to look into that corner, when we score the first place to look now is towards the hotel!  Win, win.

Takes far too long to actually play the replays - not sure why it waits for the screen to rotate fully before it plays it, has to be at least a 20 second delay. Why not just loop it? Would mean people spend less time staring at the screen and more time enjoying the goal too...

[quote user="Ian"]Takes far too long to actually play the replays - not sure why it waits for the screen to rotate fully before it plays it, has to be at least a 20 second delay. Why not just loop it? Would mean people spend less time staring at the screen and more time enjoying the goal too...[/quote]They probably have to buy time for someone to collate and edit the clip.

Morty, I may be wrong, but I think they show it once - then rotate the screen, then show it again, then rotate the screen, etc...

Rotating the screen takes a while and rather than show the actual replay whilst doing so, it repeatedly shows an animation which says "REPLAY".

At the time we couldn''t afford a corner infill and there was much debate about how many actual seats we would get in any case due to more segregation. And another point, the sale of the hotel land (£1.1m) helped temporarily alleviate some of the financial problems that were beginning to mount.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]At the time we couldn''t afford a corner infill and there was much debate about how many actual seats we would get in any case due to more segregation. And another point, the sale of the hotel land (£1.1m) helped temporarily alleviate some of the financial problems that were beginning to mount.[/quote]

The project had it''s good points, but the foresight as to what it looks like in the stadium was not one of them. Much more imagination could have been used in it''s facade facing the pitch.  

What''s going to be the point of the screen when the lack of a replacement for Lafferty comes home to roost and we stop scoring goals.......

[quote user="hogesar"]Can''t say i''m a massive fan of it - everyone''s too busy looking to watch the replay when it turns to the Barclay that they seem to stop celebrating the goal and paying attention to the match.[/quote]Always did think that most of those "real" fans (the ones who pay for their season tickets) are only there because the game''s not on the telly [:D] [;)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Morgan"]I find it difficult in the N & P to see the screen at times, it''s not the worst though. At it least it rotates...[/quote]And there''s me thinking I must cut down on the pre-match drinking.....[/quote]

I have the same problem.perhaps the entire N&P could be supplied with opera glasses.in the club colours of course[Y]

It''s not only the sale of the land for the hotel that swelled the coffers - NCFC are %owners, and take part of the profit/income the hotel generates.

ricardo wrote: "........ perhaps the entire N&P could be supplied with opera glasses."If it was anyone but you, ricardo, I''d be tempted to comment that that might help them actually see what happens on the pitch ............ [:D]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]ricardo wrote: "........ perhaps the entire N&P could be supplied with opera glasses."If it was anyone but you, ricardo, I''d be tempted to comment that that might help them actually see what happens on the pitch ............ [:D][/quote]

I have to admit that the goings on in the Barclay penalty area were often a mystery to me before the advent of the screen.[;)].

[quote user="City 2nd"]It''s not only the sale of the land for the hotel that swelled the coffers - NCFC are %owners, and take part of the profit/income the hotel generates.[/quote]Purple can you step in and explain what actually goes on as i recall a tie up with Kew Green Estates who actually own the hotel and our involvement relates to a pension fund in the event of it being sold and we have no part in profit/income generated.

On sell out games can we not put some deckchairs in now the season is over at Great Yarmouth

[quote user="The Walking Man "]At the time we couldn''t afford a corner infill and there was much debate about how many actual seats we would get in any case due to more segregation. And another point, the sale of the hotel land (£1.1m) helped temporarily alleviate some of the financial problems that were beginning to mount.[/quote][:D]