Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Tonight's dilemna.

With 1p5wich playing Brighton tonight a preferred result is difficult to call.

Whilst never wanting the History Boys to do well Brighton are already beginning to look a serious threat to our own chances of success this season.

Hughton has done a good job there (and playing TWO up front) and apparently they are just getting into top gear.

A bore draw would do fine, perhaps 0-0 to maintain the binmen''s unimpressive scoring record, but if I had to chose between the two I would prefer a home win as suiting us a better even though it is still early days.

Only really concerned with our result first, what ever the outcome at Poorman Road I will be happy, Brighton Win means scum have lost, Ipswich win means Brighton a rival for promotion have dropped 3 points and a draw and neither are making progress. Season wont be won or lost on tonight / tomorrows results.

"Ipswich to lose every single game of the season please."

Ah! But would you wish they when towards the end of the season when they play the Toon if us and Newcastle were neck and neck for promotion and 1p5wich were safely hovering above the relegation zone with crowds of no more than 12, 000.

All of which is a likely scenario the way things are panning out.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Ipswich to lose every single game of the season please."

Ah! But would you wish they when towards the end of the season when they play the Toon if us and Newcastle were neck and neck for promotion and 1p5wich were safely hovering above the relegation zone with crowds of no more than 12, 000.

All of which is a likely scenario the way things are panning out.[/quote]We''ll look after ourselves.Meanwhile, they can lose every single remaining game, get relegated to league one, Marcus calls all his debts in, and they go back in to liquidation.Then, to top off their run of poor luck, a massive meteorite smashes into Portman roan, completely obliterating it, and causing nearly £104 worth of damage.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Ipswich to lose every single game of the season please." Ah! But would you wish they when towards the end of the season when they play the Toon if us and Newcastle were neck and neck for promotion and 1p5wich were safely hovering above the relegation zone with crowds of no more than 12, 000. All of which is a likely scenario the way things are panning out.[/quote]

We''ll look after ourselves.

Meanwhile, they can lose every single remaining game, get relegated to league one, Marcus calls all his debts in, and they go back in to liquidation.

Then, to top off their run of poor luck, a massive meteorite smashes into Portman roan, completely obliterating it, and causing nearly £104 worth of damage.
[/quote]

Let''s not get carried away here Morty... £104?

[quote user="morty"]Ipswich to lose every single game of the season please.[/quote]

I''d qualify that - to lose every single game except against those who are our rivals for the top of the table. Brighton are one of those. Ipswich win please.  [Y]  Ugh. That was hard to write.

If Ipswich were playing a "world genocide 11" with pol pot in goal and a defence made up of aliens from the movie "Independence Day" I''d support them over Ipswich.

For me, while I hate the scummers, I want the best result for our team.  And that''s a draw IMO.  The scummers with a win get very close to the play off places, a win for Brighton puts them level on points with us, a draw means they both drop points. 

[quote user="Buh"]If Ipswich were playing a "world genocide 11" with pol pot in goal and a defence made up of aliens from the movie "Independence Day" I''d support them over Ipswich.[/quote]

Actually it''s a little known fact that Pol Pot (real name Saloth Sar) studied in Paris in the 1950s and had a try-out in goal for PSG but was rejected due to "attitude problems".  No mention in the report I read of whether there was an issue with his body language.

Its funny how things turn round, and now people are worried about Chris Hughton''s attacking nous, but in a different way [:D]

[quote user="morty"]Its funny how things turn round, and now people are worried about Chris Hughton''s attacking nous, but in a different way [:D][/quote]

Inverted whingers?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="morty"]Its funny how things turn round, and now people are worried about Chris Hughton''s attacking nous, but in a different way [:D][/quote]

Inverted whingers?

[/quote]Oh, very good[:D]

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="morty"]Its funny how things turn round, and now people are worried about Chris Hughton''s attacking nous, but in a different way [:D]
[/quote]

Inverted whingers?

[/quote]

Excellent.

I guess the thing about Hughton is that if you learn from your mistakes, he should be a lot better as a manager now than he was before his time at City.

I think I''ll stick with TC''s excellent summing up rather than go with the notion that Hughtons years of experience mean he''s finally caught up with our wisdom....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Ipswich to lose every single game of the season please."

All of which is a likely scenario the way things are panning out.[/quote]We''ll look after ourselves.Meanwhile, they can lose every single remaining game, get relegated to league one, Marcus calls all his debts in, and they go back in to liquidation.Then, to top off their run of poor luck, a massive meteorite smashes into Portman roan, completely obliterating it, and causing nearly £104 worth of damage.[/quote]

£104 Morty?

How does that add up?

The only thing I can imagine is the damage waiver being set quite high on the rental portable toilets.

ICF wrote: "I guess the thing about Hughton is that if you learn from your

mistakes, he should be a lot better as a manager now than he was before

his time at City."Some on here might also learn from their mistakes, in particular the erroneous idea vividly illustrated on the various threads about Naismith, that a player''s or manager''s ability is assessible based solely on "how they''ve performed for us". Hughton at Brighton is far more representative of his managerial career as a whole than Hughton at Norwich was, as anybody familiar with his spells as manager of Newcastle and Birmingham will know. That said, I''m sure he did learn a lot from his time with us, waiting for a really good opportunity to present itself at a progressive and ambitiously-run club.

[quote user="Number 9"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Ipswich to lose every single game of the season please."

All of which is a likely scenario the way things are panning out.[/quote]We''ll look after ourselves.Meanwhile, they can lose every single remaining game, get relegated to league one, Marcus calls all his debts in, and they go back in to liquidation.Then, to top off their run of poor luck, a massive meteorite smashes into Portman roan, completely obliterating it, and causing nearly £104 worth of damage.[/quote]

£104 Morty?

How does that add up?

The only thing I can imagine is the damage waiver being set quite high on the rental portable toilets.[/quote]What boosted it was two fans wearing replica shirts.

If in doubt in this division draws all round please. Hard to know yet who will emerge as our serious rivals but I think Brighton and Newcastle are certainly two. Reading slipping under the radar at present as well.

So I don''t get this logic of wanting 1p5wich to beat our perceived rivals. Somebody has to finish in the top six and if it''s not Brighton it''ll be somebody else. Therefore what posters are really saying that as soon as Club looks a threat or likely to finish top 6 then they want 1p5wich to beat them. But then wouldn''t that increase the chances of 1p5wich being in the top 6 and a threat?I know what I''d rather have and it begins with 1p5wich nil

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="morty"]Its funny how things turn round, and now people are worried about Chris Hughton''s attacking nous, but in a different way [:D][/quote]Inverted whingers?[/quote]Love it. [Y] [:D]

How can any self respecting Norwich fan EVER want the binners to win?No way, no how, not in a million years. No, no, no, not ever, NEVER!C''mon Brighton! [8o|]

C''mon you binners !With a bit of luck a deadly quiet, half empty stadium should unerve Brighton. If not the rows of gormless pitchfork wavers should spook them.Why a binner win ? Well, it will prolong Mad Mick''s tenure at Poorman Road. It will also over excite the not too bright of suffolk into think they might get promoted, so the inevitable let down will be all the more enjoyable.Perhaps they will fly a plane over the ground or hang a banner off a ''motorway'' bridge in celebration....... if they win.

ps I shall be sat in my local tonight with a piece of straw in my mouth eyeing up the charity collection tin, Not sure if it will help but it will make me think I am there in spirit, if not being.