Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Modernising the game

A change that I would propose is to injury time. Why can''t there be a proper electronic clock (controlled by the fourth official?) that is stopped whenever the ball is dead/ out of play. This would stop all the infuriating time wasting that everybody hates and fans would feel that there is less injustice in the injury time decisions. We''d all be able to see the clock and know that the next time the ball went out of play, the game would be over. I know the ball is only in play for not much more than half the match anyway, so it may negate the need for longer "official time" that TG suggests at the start. I think a lot of fans would miss their half-time drink/ pie etc and clubs (particularly smaller ones) would miss the revenue.

Extending on that Badger have a minimum time that the ball has to be live for, say 75-80 minutes, that would really get rid of time wasting unless it was approaching the end and you knew you were over that mark...

Also, instead of penalty shoot outs, no subs golden goal multiball! an extra ball introduced every 5 minutes until one team scores... you might need a few extra refs so get the fourth official on first thing and then the linesmen get involved. If teams can''t score with 4 balls on the pitch within 20 minutes send one player off each team every 5 minutes starting with the centre backs.

Mr True Grit Sir

Have you done any passionate scouting recently? Have you come across "the pitbull"

Best

Me.

With the cup games recently and the European games this week, I expect TG is covering the miles scouting for young boys.

Living the dream.

Stone washed

Boot cut

I wonder if true grit is implicated in the telegraphs expose into football corruptuon?