Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Modernising the game

With only minor rule changes over the course of a century, I beleive it''s time to modernise the game.

High level Footballers today are of unparalleled athleticism, with every aspect of their training, diet and recovery closely managed and monitored.

Becuase of the above I propose that half-time is abolished and the game time is reformed to become two hours in length, with no breaks.

I am working on a proposal for the FA suggesting this is trialled in the championship next season and rolled out to the premier league down to step 6 for season 19/20.

If you would like to contribute to the proposal, please don''t hesitate to post your opinions.

Best,

TG

I''d rather see 4 points for a win brought in, to stop gems set up to not lose as it is killing entertainment in football. And I would have instant bookings for players faking injuries. A captain in the army recently said said he has seen people shot in athganistan make less fuss than some players faking injuries which is an absolute disgrace.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]I''d rather see 4 points for a win brought in, to stop gems set up to not lose as it is killing entertainment in football. And I would have instant bookings for players faking injuries. A captain in the army recently said said he has seen people shot in athganistan make less fuss than some players faking injuries which is an absolute disgrace.[/quote]May be, rather than booking those that fake injuries, they should be taken behind the goal and shot. I would worry for Martin Olsson though.

Video replays will sort a lot of issues out. Diving, faking injuries etc will all be a lot harder to succeed when under constant scrutiny during the game.

[quote user="AJ"]Video replays will sort a lot of issues out. Diving, faking injuries etc will all be a lot harder to succeed when under constant scrutiny during the game.[/quote]No they won''t. The impraticality of trying to use this buffoonery should be obvious. Trying to make what are subjective decisions during live play would be nigh on impossible.50 years on e still haven''t really agreed on whether Geoff Hurst''s goal in the World Cup was a goal. What should the game do in the interim.... wait ?

Humpty, video replays work absolutely fine in Hockey, Tennis, Rugby, Cricket and even have use for retrospective punishments in F1. Why would it not work in football?

Bigger goals is a good idea. They''ve been the same size for too long now. We''ve seen the progression in goal keeping, it''s only relatively recently that goalkeepers have been allowed to wear gloves, the goals should have been made bigger ar this point. You have to factor in that man kind is taller on average than 100 years ago too.

I say get back to basics

Let''s go for a Roman feel and re-introduce live, dangerous animals

They''ve been gone too long.

Could we not do away with scouting networks and all clubs have a drone which could be sent to watch players all over the world and beam it straight back to the managers office ?It might just stop this idiot posting.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Could we not do away with scouting networks and all clubs have a drone which could be sent to watch players all over the world and beam it straight back to the managers office ?It might just stop this idiot posting.[/quote]

This was a poor post. Grit needs to put some more determination in next time but I''m sure he has reflected on his efforts today and that a return to form is just around the corner

Let''s go back to 3 o''clock kick offs.No subs.  Lets see how good these mollycoddled players are, playing with concussion, broken arms, legs, bleeding wounds, dislocations, twisted ankles etc.Ban gloves, except for keepers, snoods and other such neck and headgear.

"....... playing with concussion, broken arms, legs, bleeding wounds, dislocations, twisted ankles etc."Yes, perhaps one side could be aimed with nets and forks as well (they could then poke the ground at half time).Although I would agree on what the players wore. Big Dunc always had a short sleeved shirt on even in the middle of winter.

TG, as a football legend of some repute, you are no doubt asked for input on many issues at the heart of the game.

I would welcome any information you have on the team being put together in ''Area 51'' USA.

Obviously I understand their reasoning that men, women, LGBT, disabled and children have specific teams and leagues, why not an Area 51 team including a mix between U21''s, overage players and minimum of 5 "unknown visitors".

What have you heard discussed?

Is this more likely to happen than Celtic + Rangers in the EFL?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Could we not do away with scouting networks and all clubs have a drone which could be sent to watch players all over the world and beam it straight back to the managers office ?It might just stop this idiot posting.[/quote]

Whilst I don''t agree with your notion that I''m an ''idiot''; you make a valid point, with wider societal conitations. By 2050 ''automation'' will have reformed the whole structure of employment as we know it - you''re seeing it already with the robotic tills at Tesco, driverless cars, etc, etc. The drone based scouting system you speak of will become a reality in the not so near future. I''m one of the lucky ones in the present day, who has the backing of a major FL72 club. But i worry about longevity of the career and in particular, the future of my son, who has already expressed a passion for scouting.

[quote user="Number 9"]TG, as a football legend of some repute, you are no doubt asked for input on many issues at the heart of the game.

I would welcome any information you have on the team being put together in ''Area 51'' USA.

Obviously I understand their reasoning that men, women, LGBT, disabled and children have specific teams and leagues, why not an Area 51 team including a mix between U21''s, overage players and minimum of 5 "unknown visitors".

Is this more likely to happen than Celtic + Rangers in the EFL?[/quote]

Could easily happen in the next 100 years. Remember, it wasn''t so long ago the US denied all existence with regards to the groom lake facility. You''re already seeing NFL teams playing full on league games at Wembley - the scenario you speak of could become a reality.

[quote user="Number 9"]TG, as a football legend of some repute, you are no doubt asked for input on many issues at the heart of the game.

Is this more likely to happen than Celtic + Rangers in the EFL?[/quote]

This is frankly ridiculous. Everyone knows that the long-limbed pale alpha centaurians have been earmarked for the NBA

Is there a top secret facility in the UK, where soccer is actually popular?

[quote user="True Grit"]With only minor rule changes over the course of a century, I beleive it''s time to modernise the game.

High level Footballers today are of unparalleled athleticism, with every aspect of their training, diet and recovery closely managed and monitored.

Becuase of the above I propose that half-time is abolished and the game time is reformed to become two hours in length, with no breaks.

I am working on a proposal for the FA suggesting this is trialled in the championship next season and rolled out to the premier league down to step 6 for season 19/20.

If you would like to contribute to the proposal, please don''t hesitate to post your opinions.

Best,

TG[/quote]

You clearly have no understanding of the way the human body works - the above illustrates that perfectly. Your proposal is downright dangerous, I wouldn''t waste your time.