Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Trouble at Derby

But i thought because Pearson won a handful of games with a talented, underperforming Leicester team by playing McCarthyball that he was definitely going to be a success this year!

Hmmm.

What a stupid appointment, trying to make a team with little pace and physicality that''s been built to play possession football to knock long balls into the channels and to park the bus without the ball.

Everyone knows you build your system around the players available and adapt it as you make more and more signings, you don''t just try and cram a group of players into an unfamiliar system just because it worked so well for you with a completely different set of players, in a different league under completely different circumstances

I''m surprised it''s taken this long for the managerial axe to start swinging. Nearly into October and only one manager has been sacked. Nigel Pearson must surely be on his way and I think Derby are better off without him.

Rumour has it 7 managers have fallen for this Allardyce sting. People putting 2& 2 together and saying Pearson being one.

Whatever the bloke is a massive bell end.

i wouldn''t say fallen, more caughtYou cannot con an honest man etcAt this stage I can''t see anyone ''putting 2 and 2 together (nor should they), but they are sure to ask given the circumstances.There is a vast difference between asking and alledging.

Rumour going around Derby was that the owner was suggesting who should be playing where and NP asked him why if he knew so much would he employ a manager... not necessarily word for word!

Fair point if true?

Oh, the irony if that''s true TGD!Manager effectively talking himself out of a job is quite impressive, although if he''s being asked to work under those circumstances, he''s probably better off out of it anyway!

But he''s not got a job if the owner is doing the job for him Indy, he just has employment.

As you say better off out of it if true - I would imagine there is a lot of sympathy for him from other "managers"

Well if it is only a recent thing then maybe he does no more than Pearson- to have only scored 5 goals with the squad at his disposal is pretty amazing.