Sign in to follow this  
NCFC198

the Murphy twins contacts

According to radio Norfolk their contacts expire in the summer, is that correct? Should we be worried about this at this stage? Surely clubs will be looking at them

is this some clever advertising for an opticians?

"their CONTACTS expire in the summer"?

"surely clubs will be LOOKING at them"?

Personally, I reckon this pair will be quite a spectacle in the premiership - I expect many glasses will be raised in their honour, if they can stay focused.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Alex said enjoy them while they''re here 😦moxey is planning to sell them already. Bastard[/quote]

Perhaps Moxey can sell the Market twins instead?

[quote user="Leedscanary"][quote user="im spartacus"]Alex said enjoy them while they''re here 😦moxey is planning to sell them already. Bastard[/quote]

Perhaps Moxey can sell the Market twins instead?[/quote]
Only been one of ''em about for ages. And he keeps threatening to cut my throat when he''s not doubling as Danny Murphy on MOTD. Or perhaps Murphy is Kenny....

If they continue as they are then it will be inevitable that other clubs will want them. Can someone clear up whether we will get some money for them regardless of when their contracts expire, is there a rule about players under 24 and compensation relating to nuturing the talent etc.?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]If they continue as they are then it will be inevitable that other clubs will want them. Can someone clear up whether we will get some money for them regardless of when their contracts expire, is there a rule about players under 24 and compensation relating to nuturing the talent etc.?

[/quote]Yes its something along those lines, it goes to a tribunal and a fee is set. No one can just whisk them away for nothing.

It is already very obvious that both players will be £10m plus players of the future, whether with us or not. The experience is there plus the core talent. Premier League clubs would die for their kind of talent and the attacking winger. Interesting yo se what offers we have for them both

Plus point twins have been here since eleven any new club will probably split them up. I would think to progress their careers it would be best for them to stay with City in short term. New agent may want to cash in I believe previous agent was a parent. Whatever we will need to pay to keep them now probably on £10k if that.

Well...reported tonight from two sources that Everton will make a double bid in January for them both!

[quote user="sonyc"]Well...reported tonight from two sources that Everton will make a double bid in January for them both![/quote]They better have the best part of 30 million quid then.

There are bound to be bids in January if they continue in this rich vein of form. Hopefully by then we will be thinking about preparations for our own PL squad.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="sonyc"]Well...reported tonight from two sources that Everton will make a double bid in January for them both![/quote]They better have the best part of 30 million quid then.[/quote]

£30m each plus add ons!

There is increasing speculation about the future of the Murphys. I fear that there is some sort of "dog-whistle negotiation" going on with statements like "enjoy them whilst they''re here" possibly being "bluff calling?"I would be far more disappointed if we failed to secure their contracts than I was about our "failure" to sign some of the over-hyped and over-priced strikers that were linked with.

Donkey dangler wrote the following post at 21/09/2016 6:33 PM:

Get both of them signed up on a six year contract.

And the sooner the better!

The longer we wait the more expensive any contract that we will want them to sign will be, as they are going to continue to improve.

Give them what they are worth ........... but do it early!

Michael Bailey tweeted a link to an interview with Alex Neil, where he asked the question, and that answer was along the lines of " do you honestly think we are going to let them walk away at the end of the season?"

So sounds like it''s all in hand.