Sign in to follow this  
morty

Ah well...

If you had offererd me second in the league having played Newcastle, Ipswich and Forest away I would have ripped your hand off at the start of the season ...

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"]Yep. Still second and still have a cracking squad. Feel gutted tonight but the bigger picture is that we are in a very good place.[/quote]We have probably got our hardest away fixture out of the way too now.

Yep, can''t complain with where we are in the league, we''re doing well, its just the manner of the defeat. Gutting! I hope this doesn''t lead to a crisis of confidence though, Wolves will be as tough and we need to put on a good performance. Just hope we can break our TV hoo doo we currently seem to be suffering!

If you were to pick 5 games you think we may struggle in, Forest, Newcastle and even Ipswich away would be pretty high on people''s lists. You could add Wolves to that list on Saturday

Be top 2 at 8pm Saturday we will be in a great position

If there are some balls in that changing room (which I believe there are) then they ought to be saying, we''ve just had the ''best'' team, away from home, by the short and curlies, and 1 minute of madness has cost us 3 points.

Let''s storm the rest of the season, and not give anyone else an inch.

Yep, bigger picture we''re doing well and just need to bounce back. My main concern is that I have no faith in any defence with Bassong and Martin playing together though.

I would say though- after a defeat like that I think some strong reactions from fans are perfectly reasonable.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]If there are some balls in that changing room (which I believe there are) then they ought to be saying, we''ve just had the ''best'' team, away from home, by the short and curlies, and 1 minute of madness has cost us 3 points.

Let''s storm the rest of the season, and not give anyone else an inch.[/quote][Y]The players should want to put this right, big time, on Saturday.

Yeap BUT we still managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory !

Its a comedy of errors....and not sure which hurts the most

Going with the centre back pairing that got you into this shit in the first place

Not being able to do the basic''s and keep the ball for a mere 90 seconds

Or being done by a guy you tried to sign BUT failed on deadline day last year

Yes I know it could be so much worse....BUT it could also be so much better !

[quote user="Making Plans"]Ah, found it. The never mind, list of excuses and not one word of criticism thread.[/quote]Awwww, bless.[:)]

Interestingly, the 6-2 game was caused by us going more attacking - after that Neil retreated into a shell and we never seemed to go after games again

On the flip side, tonight was caused by us going more defensive too early and inviting Newcastle on. Will he have a similar period like after the 6-2 where he decides not to go too defensive?

[quote user="Baywing"]Yeap BUT we still managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory !

Its a comedy of errors....and not sure which hurts the most

Going with the centre back pairing that got you into this shit in the first place

Not being able to do the basic''s and keep the ball for a mere 90 seconds

Or being done by a guy you tried to sign BUT failed on deadline day last year

Yes I know it could be so much worse....BUT it could also be so much better ![/quote]Its Norwich City, its what we do.We''re always going to have a game or two like this in us, every season.

Indeed. The manner of the defeat will test AN''s man management skills. He has to get a response from the team on Saturday. I''d take a point now to be honest.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"]Ah, found it. The never mind, list of excuses and not one word of criticism thread.[/quote]Awwww, bless.[:)][/quote]I just love it when you have to resort to saying things like that

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"]Ah, found it. The never mind, list of excuses and not one word of criticism thread.[/quote]Awwww, bless.[:)][/quote]I just love it when you have to resort to saying things like that[/quote]I just love it when I call you a bell on a thread, then you follow me round all the other threads, tripping over your bottom lip.[:)]

Absolutely Morty, hopefully when we go three up, AN will take off the defenders for Pritchard, Murphy & Canos go all out for the 4 goal! Appears to be the way some on here want to see!

Much rather beat Wolves than Newcastle.......

[quote user="Indy"]Absolutely Morty, hopefully when we go three up, AN will take off the defenders for Pritchard, Murphy & Canos go all out for the 4 goal! Appears to be the way some on here want to see!

Much rather beat Wolves than Newcastle.......[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]"Ah well". Good post Morty. 
I like your steal, but I think we can all do better than Ah bloody well.
[/quote]Go to bed, it''ll all seem better in the morning.