Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

Scimeca

According to Fans FC Worthy is interested in bringing Scimeca here on loan. This would be typical if indeed the case, since surely of the 2 West Brom players that have recently been made available for loan Inamoto should be the one we go for!?

It wouldn''t suprise me if Worthy went for Scimeca.  He was obviously very interested in him 3 summers ago before he went to West Brom.  I don''t know a huge amount about him but I thought his primary position was right back?

I said no last season and my gut reaction is the same again.

However we are SO desperately short of numbers anyone would be welcome.  I would question why we need yet another defensive holding midfielder when we already have Safri (just how key is he looking now?) Hughes, Jarrett and Charlton who all excel in theat role?   Surely it is time for someone a little more offensive to use the american word?

Not sure on inamoto but he fits what the team needs longer term better the Ricky.

OTBC

[quote]I said no last season and my gut reaction is the same again. However we are SO desperately short of numbers anyone would be welcome. I would question why we need yet another defensive holding midfi...[/quote]

I think Inamoto is an attacking midfield player but you would have to question why he has had so many clubs in a short period.  He appears to be the sort player who has a big impact at first and then fades out.

With regards to Scimeca, he does fit the bill of being a "Versatile" player.  Expect him to sign soon 

Yes, Scimeca is no doubt viewed by Worthington as a versatile player with a good work ethic. Therefore, expect Scimeca to be played on the left wing and be absolute rubbish!

[quote]Scimeca chose WBA and Megson over Norwich why should we want him now he cant hack it at WBA. No lets not be seen as second best for anyone![/quote]

"No lets not be seen as second best for anyone!"

Just second best to everyone we play this season instead

OTBC

"Just second best to everyone we play this season instead"

A tad over the top ZLF. It''s by no means true that we''ve looked second best to all, or even most, of the teams we''ve played so far. Against Millwall we didn''t even look second best in the first half - it was two poor teams trying to play football, and failing. In the second half, we looked much better than they did. We''ve looked better than, or at least no worse than, most teams we''ve played. Unfortunately, that doesn''t say a lot about the quality of the football. But let''s not let the tone drop to a perma-whinge.

It was posted tongue in cheek but thats quite tough to do in text - so apologies if it was mis-communicated.  

I agree City have not been 2nd best in many games - Brighton, Hull, 1st half against Ipswich, 2nd half against Crewe, Reading & Palace spring to mind.

OTBC  

i hope not, for god sake!

WORTHY OUT im still with

why?

if we would have had a better manager who could replace and bring in new faces and back-up to have the sside strong enough then we wouldnt be in this mess

we all thought the same, that at the season the squad was very thin, and we have hit a small injury list and its a massive crisis already. Ok, it happened last season, but again we had the smallest squad in the premierleague, and our current squad is probably the smallest in both the two top leagues.

get it sorted worthy, otherwise we need to move on (so pack your bags ready.....)