Sign in to follow this  
nu_matik

The whole squad, management and board

...need applauding for the way we have played and approached this season. Great run of games... to be 3-1 up against a great team who have spent well... Yes, we need to kill off games, it''s not as simple as us ''folding''... Newcastle have top fire power and showed us how it hurts when you can''t cope with the pressure.

We have set out well this year and the performances in general have been good. We will lose games to lesser teams than Newcastle. Deal with it.

Great to see us score 3 goals against a decent team regardless of result... a month ago it was full doom and gloom at not having any goals in us.

Well done city, disappointed but onwards to Wolves.

#otbc

1. Performances have generally been poor all season at a few bits here and there

2. We were 3-1 up against a great team. We were 3-2 up after 94 minutes. Yet we lost, doesn''t matter if you are 10-0 up if you lose

3. We did fold. The manager panicked, made a rash change and we threw the game away. For some reason he thought 5 at the back with no outlets was the correct decision

4. Pressure? We caused the pressure on ourself. The change basically told Newcastle we were done for the night so they could come at us

5. See 2. Utterly pointless scoring 3 goals if you concede 4...

We got lucky tonight, and still managed a massive, massive ***-up by all involved in the last few minutes tonight. Hands up, accept responsibility, and move on.

Massively important to put this behind us at Wolves, or it could have much more devastating and long-lasting consequences. Long season, and still plenty of time to go.

Listen... if you can''t see the bigger picture or the reality of playing stronger teams, don''t watch football. Simple.

We messed up a lead... we''re still the better of the relegated sides and we''ll get back on a run straight away.

Our performances have been good enough to win 5 on the trot. Take your sad negative attitudes elsewhere.

ON THE BALL CITY

Congratulating the players for being 3-1 up after 70 odd minutes (and we were only 3-1 up for about 30 seconds) has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I''ve ever heard.

''The reality of playing stronger teams''

''We''re still the better of the relegated teams''

So Newcastle are stronger, but we are better. As for the bigger picture, I think my original reply does show the bigger picture

Probably in all honesty. This is just a massive kick in the balls, especially as it''s not the first time we''ve chucked a lead away.

Well, you''re the one on a forum getting really irate about something that happens in football like EVERYONE SINGLE WEEK. We have won 5 straight games and then lost a decent lead through silly mistakes. Remind me again how long you''ve been a supporter and football fan again? Cry baby

[quote user="nu_matik"]Well, you''re the one on a forum getting really irate about something that happens in football like EVERYONE SINGLE WEEK. We have won 5 straight games and then lost a decent lead through silly mistakes. Remind me again how long you''ve been a supporter and football fan again? Cry baby[/quote]

Wow.

I''m afraid it doesn''t happen every single week though does it. It was a staggering about turn in the last two minutes and unfortunately it was partly brought about by our manager.

Like always when these sorts of things happen the reaction at the next game will tell us a lot. The players need to have faith in AN. Its absolutely vital that they do not feel that they did their part on the pitch only for the managers decision to undermine their efforts.

Yes. We''re the cry babies. Where as you, getting red in the face angry at strangers on the internet for not reacting to a game of football in the way you want is totally rational and balanced.

Oh and if this happens every week, can you show me the game where a team went from winning to losing in the last two minutes of injury time from last weekend? Or the week before? Shouldn''t be too hard...

Finally a decent level headed outlook.

Rogue baboon you''re an embarrassment of a fan. Rogues Boohoo more like.

And by the way, I meant it happens every week in football in general.

You can''t seriously say me being reasonable and accepting of a result is imbalanced. Do yourself a favour. Angry and sad on the Internet, I feel and for you. it''s a game by the way.

I''m out, enjoy your emotional imbalance x

And yes... I''m a full happy clapper. If you can''t look at the league table and feel good in general you should find a new hobby. Smile guys.

[quote user="nu_matik"]Finally a decent level headed outlook.

Rogue baboon you''re an embarrassment of a fan. Rogues Boohoo more like.[/quote]

Says the person celebrating because we were 3-1 up in a game that we lost...

I''m sure the board, players and management are equally as happy as you like you suggested in the OP...

I just manage to look at positives, find the good things and look forwards. There is a name for people like you... I might be a happy clapper, I can''t type yours without asterisks popping up.

I can look at the league table and feel happy. I can also be pissed off at losing a game when we were winning with 94 minutes on the clock, odd that.

If you, as a fan, can honestly come out of that game not pissed off and say ''well congratulation for being 3-1 up guys!'' then I''d have to question how much of a fan you actually are.

Hang on, you can be angry/frustrated/annoyed at a result yet still be happy?

That''s like saying that depsite widely acknowledged poor performances,you can still be happy with results on the pitch?

I thought you had to be a happy clapper or nappy crapper?

You mean you can have a balanced view?

It''s not about right or wrong opinions. I am sad we lost of course. I also acknowledge we need to do better. BUT... Coming on this site to cry your eyes out, blame everyone in a yellow shirt... and make out its the end of the world? Very very sad indeed. Really shows how childish and insecure many football fans are these days.

Be sad, fine. But move on nd try and pick a few positives... try it... it''s quite good for your mental health.

I appreciate your positivity numatic but are you not in the slightest bit annoyed? How any team can be so unprofessional and disorganised to conced 2 goals in 1 minute is beyond me. To do this when you are 1 minute from a fantastic result makes it even more bizarre and annoying. Surely they should be capable of seeing the game out?

We seem to lack leadership, character, mental strength, professionalism and fitness. Not to mention the dubious substitutions and tactical changes that have helped with our undoing.

I would be more positive if this was the first time this had happened but it letting in shocking goals and failing to see our matches has been a regular feature of Neil''s reign.

Yes, I am disappointed. Annoyed? No. We aren''t anywhere near the finished article and had an unsettled defence. A portfolio decision was made by manager... and a a team fully capable of doing us harm did just that.

It''s football. Regardless of what you neggy cry babies say... it happens. Seriously, try some positive thinking. Might help with your cropping yourself every time we mess up.

I''d understand saying ''move on'' if this was tomorrow or Friday and people were still pissing and moaning- but the game only finished an hour or so ago so weirdly enough people might be coming on this forum to discuss it, rather than to piss and moan at other fans for not sharing your point of view.

I''m actually a pretty positive person in general but I don''t see a great deal positive to take from this game and I certainly don''t see being 3-1 up for 30 seconds as something to celebrate...

And King Canary... there is discussing it which is fair and then there is a full page of new threads with ''everyone out'' and worse.

Please take a look at the main discussion thread page and tell me it''s not embarrassing.

If you can''t control your emotions to the point that all you have us angry bile.... I feel sorry for you x

[quote user="Keith Scott"]The OP has taken happy clapping to a whole new level. Quite an achievement on this forum.[/quote]
The gap between his happy clapping and your nappy crapping is a gaping chasm then Keithy.