Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

MATCH THREAD vs Newcastle.

Absolute shambles once again. Neil''s in game management gets worse and worse. Defence is relegation standard. That capitulation could very well kill our season.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Absolute shambles once again. Neil''s in game management gets worse and worse. Defence is relegation standard. That capitulation could very well kill our season.[/quote]
I tend to save this for y''know, Terrorists and what not; but if you''re only going to post when we''re losing / lost then quite frankly kill yourself.

Just have to say that AN cannot get his game management right. Awful sub really but very very predictable. Wished he had done differently....but we still Newcastle good enough to score 2. We lost 3 points tonight in 90 seconds

[quote user="Indy"]What have we learned? We can''t defend a lead, Bassong is a poor defender.......anything more?[/quote]

That you are remarkably slow?

Great to see everybody immediately jumping on Alex''s back.

If we''d have held out and won, it would have been the right decision. Poor defending the cause not just the decision.

Let''s just hope we bounce back Saturday

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Absolute shambles once again. Neil''s in game management gets worse and worse. Defence is relegation standard. That capitulation could very well kill our season.[/quote]

Surely if the defence was relegation standard we would be in the relegation zone and not in the second automatic promotion spot?

We sat back, parked the bus and gave them everything they wanted & needed.It was one way traffic after we removed the players who could gives us an outlet hold the ball up.Basic managerial error.

The second they scored straight after we made it 3-1 was the moment we lost that game. Same as Liverpool last season. That got the crowd up. If we had of been sensible and kept them quiet for 5 minutes we would have won that game.

Still didn''t expect us to lose it at 90+5.

[quote user="king canary"]Cowardly management by Neil. Threw up the white flag. Doesn''t know how to defend a lead.

Also paying for the fact we failed to improve this defence yet again. We''ve been done by the exact same things that happened at Sunderland- long balls over the top that Bassong and Martin are too slow and rubbish to deal with.[/quote]

You misspelled Bennett twice.

[quote user="rock bus"]Great to see everybody immediately jumping on Alex''s back.

If we''d have held out and won, it would have been the right decision. [/quote]He made the subs & decided the tactics, not us.But we didn''t hold out & that is the whole point that you seem to conveniently ignore

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Indy"]What have we learned? We can''t defend a lead, Bassong is a poor defender.......anything more?[/quote]

That you are remarkably slow?[/quote]

Wow with whit like that you should be a comedian!

I hoped we''d seen the back of the Bassong-martin partnership after last season at least against this level f opposition, but I guess old habits die hard and then to bring Bennett on and hand the initiative over at that point in the game, I do worry that AN struggles to learn from his mistakes, anyhow This was always going to be possibly the toughest game, but could have been frustratingly different.

[quote user="rock bus"]Great to see everybody immediately jumping on Alex''s back.

If we''d have held out and won, it would have been the right decision. Poor defending the cause not just the decision.

Let''s just hope we bounce back Saturday[/quote]
But if we had kept an outlet, then we wouldn''t have had ball after ball pumped into the box. We''re weak in defence, especially without Klose. That sub invited pressure on to us and changed the game. I''m not jumping on AN''s back, but you can''t try to excuse that substitution. Poor defending? Absolutely, but law of averages suggests that changing the shape and inviting them to pump ball after ball into the box is asking for trouble.

@Nutty

I''m sticking with cowardly because it was. To basically tell Newcastle that we were just going to defend with 15 minutes of the game to go is ridiculous. He bought this on himself.

As soon as Neil took Jacob off for a defender and invited the oppo, that was when we lost the game. We cannot defend, and for us attack is the best form of defense. Stupidity once again from Neil. Josh should''ve been on for Jacob and Benno for Bass.

Completely agree with Willmeister. At 3-1 you have to keep things tight, not give the crowd anything to cling to. If we kept it at that score for 5-10 mins then things would calm down and you''d fancy even Norwich to close it out.

The emotions are raw right now but I''m majorly frustrated with this result. I can''t take any +ves from it at the moment.

What is it with our inability to close a game out comfortably?!

Defensively just not good enough, I''d rather Newcastle had just won 1-0 and we write it off as a bad day, but this is beyond poor, letting a game slip like that is just unacceptable. I cannot conceive how we go forward when the same mistakes are made time and time again.
Devastated.

That defeat sits firmly on Neil. Taking Murphy off for Bennett just invited them to come on to us and stopped any chance of us countering with any pace. Bad bad decision Mr Neil, sometimes your inexperience really does show!

When 6 minutes injury time was showed I would have put Josh Murphy on. Was crying out for some pace up front especially as Newcastle were throwing the kitchen sink at us. I honestly think we might have nicked a fourth on the break if we had a little bit of pace on the break.