Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

MATCH THREAD vs Newcastle.

TEAM: McGovern; Pinto, Martin (c), Bassong, Olsson; Tettey, Dorrans; Ja. Murphy, Howson, Brady; Jerome
SUBS: Ruddy (GK), Naismith, Oliveira, Hoolahan, Bennett, Jo. Murphy, Thompson
Bassong> WTF man?

I think it''s a balance thing- Bassong seems first reserve for Klose as the left sided CB and Bennett for Martin.

Can''t say a reunion of the Martin and Bassong defensive pairing fills me with joy though.

Can only assume that Klose and Pritchard are injured due to not being on the bench....

If it all goes wrong the knives will be out again. Communication with the fans can alleviate such problems a communique following team announcement re Klose/Prichard would be acceptable. Silence only increases the sense of unease. No great anticipation of positive result.

Wait for Canary Call if we do lose.

Kingo calls it right for me. Bassong is Kloses cover and Bennett is Martin''s. Having them on their correct sides is more Important if they split to allow the full backs more attacking licence. Jools'' pivot may need to be MOM. ;)

Just to put it on record pre game I think not playing Wes in this game is a huge mistake and suggests Neil still has not learnt his lesson.

I will gladly eat humble pie if proven wrong and we play well and get a result but the usual outcome is that we do not retain possession well enough and the opposition are able to build pressure and confidence.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Kingo calls it right for me. Bassong is Kloses cover and Bennett is Martin''s. Having them on their correct sides is more Important if they split to allow the full backs more attacking licence. Jools'' pivot may need to be MOM. ;)[/quote]I just think we don''t do "go away and grind something out" very well. We''re much better on the front foot.

I''m pleased to see Tettey back, but not for Wes, Wes is a shoe in starter. I''m not too bothered as Bassong did OK last time out, Klose might need a break to recharge the batteries.

Sad that Pritchard isn''t on the bench, still it''s only one game and the pressure is on for those coming in to perform.

Can''t see us getting too much out of it tonight, a draw would be great.

I love Klose but he hasn''t been performing well.

I just hope Bassong doesn''t go walkabout tonight and we can keep some shape, or it could be a long night.

[quote user="hogesar"]Well, Klose was pretty terrible on Saturday so maybe not such a bad thing.[/quote]Agree with this.The change in the midfield bothers me more. I was at Forest, and we played an almost perfect away game, and played a lot of it on the front foot. As I said elsewhere I am a bit uneasy at the prospect of keeping it tight and grinding something out.I would rather we take the game to Newcastle, as that was the impression Alex gave in the press conference.

Yep spot on Morty, just seems AN has totally gone against what he said in the presser, worrying about what they have rather than just concentrating on what WE have. I really dont get the bloke sometimes.

[quote user="Spillay"]Yep spot on Morty, just seems AN has totally gone against what he said in the presser, worrying about what they have rather than just concentrating on what WE have. I really dont get the bloke sometimes.[/quote]I''ll give him the benefit of the doubt till after the game. Yes, I can see what he''s trying to do, but we shouldn''t be scared, or show Newcastle too much respect. I honestly think theres more pressure on them, than there is us, tonight.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]TEAM: McGovern; Pinto, Martin (c), Bassong, Olsson; Tettey, Dorrans; Ja. Murphy, Howson, Brady; Jerome
SUBS: Ruddy (GK), Naismith, Oliveira, Hoolahan, Bennett, Jo. Murphy, Thompson
Bassong> WTF man?
[/quote]

[:O]

May be wrong but ...... Think this side gives Howson more freedom to attack than he has had while having Dorrans'' passing ability to hopefully run the game. Tettey provides the shield.

Nice balance to me - hope I''m right!

Let''s be fair, while we have a Murphy on the pitch, we will score at least 1 goal.

Just to add, I don''t expect Newcastle to sit back, I expect Howson to run at them give space we may get on counter. Different approach to Wes''s finding a pass through the eye of a needle.

quote="morty -I''ll give him the benefit of the doubt till after the game. Yes, I can see what he''s trying to do, but we shouldn''t be scared, or show Newcastle too much respect. I honestly think theres more pressure on them, than there is us, tonight.

Totally my thoughts also. It is almost a ''free'' game for us. Let''s get at them

Jeez, some still give AN so little leeway it''s insane - any team selection that doesn''t compute with expectation really doesn''t go down well at all. There''s a lot of games to play, a fair number already played and we will need to utilise the squad at times - that''s life in the Champs. We''ll just see how it goes.

As much as Klose hasn''t looked great this season I''d still rate him miles over Bassong.

Not going to get annoyed at the club for not telling us though- sometimes they want to keep injury news secret so the opposition don''t know what to plan for.