Sign in to follow this  
Jools

Klose, Bennett, Martin, Bassong & Turner

we were playing the side who''s scored the most goals in the league.....with the best striker in the league in Gayle....and they still needed to goals in injury time to beat us.

However ordinary our defenders are, many weeks we will get away with it as strikers in the league are generally not good enough to punish us.

.....i am scratching my head though at how we''ve managed to get back to Martin & Bassong?!

[quote user="ron obvious"]I would suggest that a sample number of 1 is statistically insignificant if trying to draw any meaningful conclusions.

:-)[/quote]Ok, I see your point. Lets take a wider sample then. Lets look at league games since Klose joined on January 18th.Norwich have played 26 games in that time, albeit in 2 separate divisions, but the point remains valid. Klose has played in 19 of those games and has missed 7. In the 19 games he has played we have conceded 24 goals (or 1.263 goals a game). In the 7 games he has missed we have conceded 19 goals (2.714 goals a game). Which seems to me, unsurprisingly, that it indicates we are a lot shakier defensively without Timm Klose.Now it''s not as simple as when he plays we win and when he doesn''t we lose, but, as when Martin plays at right back (although I wouldn''t be looking to drop Ivo, just using it to make a point), we have conceded less goals with him in the side. This means we have to score less goals to get more points from games, making winning football matches an awful lot easier with him in the team than without him. This was demonstrated so spectacularly last night when we had every center back at the club on the pitch, bar Klose, and threw away a lead in injury time. [:)]