Sign in to follow this  
pete

Will we see Bassong again?

Defensively Bassong was responsible for conceding the last 3 Newcastle goals. Should have cut out ball played for Gales second. Didn''t get goal side for third. Failed to pick up for fourth. Not improving then why is he still here? been rubbish for last 3 seasons.

Yeah, those 3 goals had nothing to do with the inclusion of Ryan Bennett at all. Not at all of course. i mean Newcastle were running through us when Bennett wasn''t on the field...

[quote user="jaemae2"]Yeah, those 3 goals had nothing to do with the inclusion of Ryan Bennett at all. Not at all of course. Y i mean Newcastle were running through us when Bennett wasn''t on the field...[/quote]

Well that''s the first time a defender has been blamed when sitting on the bench! Bennett had nothing to do with their second goal, all down to Bassong.......and yep in reality they pissed past our defence for fun in the first 30 minutes, could easily been 3 up......your comedy has no boundries.

And yet we still had the lead every moment untill Bennett was on the field. You are hilariously mentally challenged.

Classic Hairy, makes a stupid false statement and class me mentally challenged! You have to feel sorry for the terminally dim.

[quote user="Indy"]Classic Hairy, makes a stupid false statement and class me mentally challenged! You have to feel sorry for the terminally dim.[/quote]

I do definitely class you as mentally challenged, but I never said it. Did call you it, and thanks for proving the point. I really do feel sorry for you, at least you are somewhat self-aware, which is something I guess...

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Oh god as if my evening wasn''t bad enough before only for Jaemae to turn up with his juvenile insults to make things even worse[/quote]

there there champ it will be ok it will be ok :tussleshair:

Sorry there is only one person to blame for this and thats the manager , you do not take off an attacking midfielder and put a cb on with minutes left maybe a defensive midfielder, never change a back four in last five minutes unless injuries etc. You just invite more pressure and mess up a back four that have played together for most of the game.

[quote user="CJ"]Sorry there is only one person to blame for this and thats the manager , you do not take off an attacking midfielder and put a cb on with minutes left maybe a defensive midfielder, never change a back four in last five minutes unless injuries etc. You just invite more pressure and mess up a back four that have played together for most of the game.[/quote]

This. Have to agree.  Thompson would have been a better sub imo.

[quote user="CJ"]Sorry there is only one person to blame for this and thats the manager , you do not take off an attacking midfielder and put a cb on with minutes left maybe a defensive midfielder, never change a back four in last five minutes unless injuries etc. You just invite more pressure and mess up a back four that have played together for most of the game.[/quote]

Oh agreed. However you can most definitely do it if you have a remotely adequate CB to put into the game, which Ryan Bennett isn''t remotely close to being. So that''s on Neil too, TBF

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]Oh god as if my evening wasn''t bad enough before only for Jaemae to turn up with his juvenile insults to make things even worse[/quote]

there there champ it will be ok it will be ok :tussleshair:[/quote]

I rest my case.

Whether the goals were his fault or not, I always get a bad feeling when I see his name on the team sheet.

He ALWAYS makes at least one mistake a game.

I can''t help think the rest of the defence know this as well, so it just puts them all on edge. That element of. Doubt and worry can have a huge impact when the margins are fine, like in tonight''s game.

Addressing the title of this thread if Klose stays injured and get another say Martin who after all appears to have lost his mind and misplaced how to captain you are left with Turner or youth players such is AN masterclass of summer signings!

Maybe should draft striker in as CB oh sorry only two of those plus Laffs , still plenty of midfielders ............

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]Oh god as if my evening wasn''t bad enough before only for Jaemae to turn up with his juvenile insults to make things even worse[/quote]

I rest my case.[/quote]

There there champ it will be ok it will be ok :tussleshair:

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]Oh god as if my evening wasn''t bad enough before only for Jaemae to turn up with his juvenile insults to make things even worse[/quote]

I rest my case.[/quote]

There there champ it will be ok it will be ok :tussleshair:

He was way too tired after the first half. goal 1 he gets caught on his heels and gayle gets in behind, 70 mins he is caught short and leaves enough room for gayle to get in behind, poor concentration. 90+5 mins he is dominated in the air by the "giant" yohann gouffran, not good enough, caught out of position as he would have beaten gouffran had he been better placed, 90+6 mins, far too slow to react when initial header is lost and minimal effort to get a foot in on gayle.

Saying that, many of these scenarios could have been avoided if a - we weren''t playing so deep and inviting the pressure and b - the rest of the team such as the midfield and rest of the defence did their jobs properly. olsson was suspect in particular tonight on a couple of occasions. beaten far to easily both aerially and on the deck.

its a good question but who will play Saturday if Klose isn''t fit? I think our CBs are the poorest for quite some time (Doherty era perhaps.....sorry Ginger Pele)

[quote user="sonyc"]its a good question but who will play Saturday if Klose isn''t fit? I think our CBs are the poorest for quite some time (Doherty era perhaps.....sorry Ginger Pele)[/quote][:@][:D]

I''m not sure Klose is that much better and if you look at the highlights Newcastle could have had another 2 or 3 due to the woeful defending of Russell Martin. Defensively we are p1ss poor. New CB a priority for January.

New CB has been priority for the last 3 seasons and baring Klose nothing is done about it, if Klose is injured we''re left with the usual suspects, Groundhog Day!

After Bassong''s performance v Man Utd last season re jumping under the ball leading to man utd''s winning goal and Alex Neil''s post match comments about the error, I am surprised he''s still here. It probably shows that we can''t offload him. He''s an okay defender, just prone to lapses in concentration which cost goals. Probably a mid champ level defender. If we want to go up and stay up we obviously need better. But he''s not total rubbish.

Defensively Bassong had a poor game and certainly should''ve done better with the goals. However the real issue I saw was we simply did not close down Shelvey at all and he just had the time and the freedom to play that medium pass over the top so often for Ritchie/Gayle to run on to. With Shelvey primarily sitting deeper than the rest of the Newcastle midfield it surely should''ve been Howson pestering him? Mind you we simply do not know who was meant to be closing down who and marking who etc, so far me the problems arose from Howson failing to close down Shelvey, the fact he was often not even near Shelvey suggests it wasn''t his role to. Plus I love Howson :)