Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

OT - Big Sam

Looks like he''s toast. If he survives this embarassment the journos will be going hell for leather to pin something else on him so they''re bound to get him in the end.Shame really that the media are always looking to trip people up but he isn''t the first manager to get caught out and he won''t be the last. These things happen and I expect the FA will take a hard line. If he does get the ol'' heave ho the upside is he''s dodging a bullet in all the grief he''ll get from the media when England mess up yet again [;)]I won''t lose too much sleep.....like buses another England manager is always along in a minute.

Seven MP''s ?perhaps you would care to name themand whilst you are at it maybe name all those (be it MP''s, MEP''s and Lords) who were jailed

[quote user="Betty Swallox"]Seven MP''s ?perhaps you would care to name themand whilst you are at it maybe name all those (be it MP''s, MEP''s and Lords) who were jailed[/quote]Let WIKI be your friendhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_parliamentary_expenses_scandal

Should have been many more Ricardo regardless of which party affiliation they belonnged to.

But can you name any football people jailed other than the Wednesday players in the 60s ?

Messi , Sepp Blatter and Plattini have all been just sent to bed with no supper instead of correct justice being imposed.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Betty Swallox"]Seven MP''s ?perhaps you would care to name themand whilst you are at it maybe name all those (be it MP''s, MEP''s and Lords) who were jailed[/quote]Let WIKI be your friendhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_parliamentary_expenses_scandal[/quote]I believe the onus is on you to substantiate your claimergo 7 MP''s you know the ones YOU claimed, as I''m sure you checked first

[quote user="Betty Swallox"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Betty Swallox"]Seven MP''s ?perhaps you would care to name themand whilst you are at it maybe name all those (be it MP''s, MEP''s and Lords) who were jailed[/quote]Let WIKI be your friendhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_parliamentary_expenses_scandal[/quote]I believe the onus is on you to substantiate your claimergo 7 MP''s you know the ones YOU claimed, as I''m sure you checked first

[/quote]After a recount I make it 6.

Bad eyesight and inability to count due to wearing the wrong glasses.[:$]

[quote user="im spartacus"]Stitched up by the gutter press[/quote]I would hardly call the Daily Telegraph the ''gutter press'', and he was not stitched up.If he is innocent , and we don''t know either way at the moment, then what has he to worry about ?

Can''t believe people are blaming the press.

He''s been a greedy idiot. Shown a total lack of respect for what was apparently he''s dream job.

Was a backward step appointing him. If I was the FA Id appoint a temp young manager and then beg Wegner to take it at end of season (young guy to stay on as his assistant and hopefully future successor)

[quote user="Betty Swallox"]try another recountor if not name those six[/quote]David ChaytorJim DevineEric IllsleyDennis McShaneMargeret MoranElliot MorleyMoran found guilty on 21 charges but judge found her unfit to plead so never actually incarcerated.

Yeah, the ''gutter press'' really stitched him up, hey, reporting how Allardyce, the England manager, a man under the employment of the Football Association, was willingly providing advice to outsiders as to how they can bypass its rules for financial gain. How dare they.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I wonder if Pearson knew this, and it''s all a ploy to get the England job...................[/quote]Don''t dare suggest it to the FA.[:''(]

The man''s a b*oody idiot.Getting his dream job as England manager on £3m a year or whatever it is and throws it all away like that. He''s a very experienced manager and if he''s done anything dodgy in the past he should have known better than to get caught out here.That must curtains for him as a manager anywhere in Britain and I''ve got no sympathy whatsoever for him.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]That must curtains for him as a manager anywhere in Britain [/quote]I think you mean until January when some PL Club is staring relegation in the face and they think he''s the man to save them.

What a prick! He must have known that the press in this country would try to stitch him up. Have no sympathy for him what so ever. Great way to throw away your dream job for just a fraction of a payout against his salary. Pure greed and I hope it deserves to be the end of him in football management

[quote user="im spartacus"]Didn''t break any laws[/quote]

You don''t need to break any laws to lose your job. Clear Gross Misconduct and had to go. Probably without a payoff too.

I think it''s a shame for England as he may well have instilled some passion, but if the main man is corrupt he has no place in football.

Possibly different for the other accused managers as they are not employed by the FA so they may get away with it.

The trouble with people like him is that they operate in a World where they can no longer grasp the value of money - £xxm transfers, £xxxk wages a week etc etc. They have so much money the only thing they ever think about is ways of getting more money and they don''t really care how they do it. It becomes a total obsession.So much so that they are easy pray for being set up - they only ever see £ signs & never see the pit falls.No sympathy from me - just another stupid and greedy idiot ruined by the PL cash machine.

I seem to recall there was a question some years ago. It related to deals done regarding his son, who was a football agent. Similar to Fergie and his son.

It quite clear that a due diligence check on past behaviour could not have been done correctly.

If you look at a persons past, it will give you a very good indication of future behaviour .

Hopefully he will never get another club , but some deserate club will take him on regardless.

So it was only 5, and you conveniently overlooked the two Tory lords who were jailed and the numerous Tory MP''s who were allowed to stand down at the next election.Curiously it was the mad woman who started all this in 1985 when she upped the expenses allowance to £25,000... with very little scrutiny. The idea was that you would get a ''back door'' pay rise without the great unwashed being informed. Perhaps you would care to tell us what party members benefited the most frpm that.Personally I don''t think there was much of a fiddle in the expenses, merely it was dwelt on as a distract from the real fiddling. The expenses were merely a request to make up the  £25,000 amount with some form of receipt, hence the duck ponds and other odd stuff.The real fiddle was in being allowed to switch your second homes etc. A scam that both major parties were up to their necks in. Why was little said ? Because it suited those at the top to have something to bring them into line when needed. You can hardly defy the whip or vote with your conscience when you have been trousering ill gotten gains.To try and turn it into a party blame game is to accept all manner of skullduggery as long as it''s done by someone wearing the right coloured rossette.Yep, a few were thrown to the dogs but don''t let that delude yourself that it made things that much better, it merely gave the great unwashed a mommetary diversion from Big Brother and X factor. Bread and circuses... don''t cha know

[quote user="sgncfc"].....

Possibly different for the other accused managers as they are not employed by the FA so they may get away with it.[/quote]How can other managers caught in this sting survive ?The FA have jurisdiction over disciplinary matters in the Premier and Football Leagues so they''ve had it too.