Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

OT - Big Sam

At the highest levels football absolutely stinks and the whole house of cards needs to come crashing down.

I dislike the EPL with all of its foreign investors, ludicrously overpaid players and myriad hangers on. I simply cannot relate to it any more. I am so glad I saw the 1970''s with sides full of British players and home developed talent. You had to earn your titles and cups and it was open to most sides to do so.

There is so much money swilling around in the EPL which is a worldwide ''product'' and so it suits to have the world represented but it does little for our national sides or for competition.

The England managers job is also ludicrously overpaid and lets be honest most of us hate the international breaks because we''d rather watch league games and have no affinity with the players who themselves suffer North/South splits from their EPL backgrounds. Sides that do well in major competitions have the kind of bonding our lot seriously lack. There is no team ethic and too many egos.

With the EPL money it should cost £20 for adults to go to games and the stadiums should be much larger and better and made so by a demographic fund from all that TV money. Norwich City for example should have a 35k to 40k capacity stadium made possible by a ground improvement fund which, along with other game wellbeing funds should leave much less money available for players and agents. As Lord Alan Sugar said: the new TV money was like prune juice; straight in one end and out of the other. It is the level of greed created by money to players and agents which has fuelled the attitudes of the likes of Alladyce and I suspect many others.

I hope the DT can blow the whole lot open and lead to a Government enquiry into the game.

what a fool! took the bait served up so blatantly obviously by a sting. not really any outstanding candidates there really. perhaps Eddie howe will get a go?

I wonder if any of his dodgy dealings cost us our place in the premiership. I can''t help but think we''ve been a bit cheated out of a better spell in the top flight by greedy and corrupt clubs. I bet you he beat us to some signings at Sunderland with some dodgy cash being transferred.

Not a fool anymore than any crook is.He would have not been targetted if he was not well known for it. Got away from numerous allegations a decade ago and should have learned his lesson.The real question is whether this will be the tip of the iceberg or yet another closing of ranks.

Sam was good for a relegation dog fight and sustaining Bolton in the top league for years that''s true . Best chance we''ve had at winning something ? What had he won previously ?

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"]P

And considering this was based on club football, you really think sam is the only one at it ?[/quote]No, certainly not. You would have to be incredibly dim and/or very niave to believe that.But it doesn''t excuse what the over weight slug has been up to either.

For those suggesting he''ll be back in league management soon, surely he''ll now face some sort of investigation and suspension?

Can anyone recall what the issue was when there were questions around him and his son a while ago?

FA statement

Sam allardyce has brought shame on himself and his country! He deserves to be hounded, ridiculed , humiliated and hated by everyone, he will therefore be staying on as England manager for the foreseeable future .

It''s not the amount of money in football that''s the problem. It''s the greedy people that are attracted by the money. As with the usually mis-quoted saying it''s not money that''s the problem. It''s peoples love of money...

Bilic out at Wet Spam and Big Sam to go back! You heard it hear first!!!

[quote user="Woodman"]For those suggesting he''ll be back in league management soon, surely he''ll now face some sort of investigation and suspension?

Can anyone recall what the issue was when there were questions around him and his son a while ago?[/quote]By the power of that very little used device .. Google, I found this"

On 19 September 2006, Allardyce, and his father Sam, were implicated in a BBC Panorama documentary for taking "bungs"

from agents if they signed certain players. Two agents, Teni Yerima and

Peter Harrison, were secretly filmed, each separately saying that they

had paid Sam Allardyce through Craig. Sam denies ever taking, or asking

for, a bung.[1]

The final report of the Stevens inquiry,

published in June 2007, expressed concerns regarding the involvement of

Allardyce in a number of transactions. "The inquiry remains concerned

at the conflict of interest that it believes existed between Craig

Allardyce, his father Sam Allardyce – the then manager at Bolton – and

the club itself."and thiswell worth a read

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Bilic out at Wet Spam and Big Sam to go back! You heard it hear first!!![/quote]No chance. West Ham hated Fat Sam.

Herman, I forgot to put the winky eye icon on!

Can''t believe the panelists on SSN have just said to a man that Glenn Hoddle should take over the England managers job! Jesus Christ, is that how bad our current crop of Managers are that they would go with a manager who hasn''t managed for 14 years and even then he hardly set the world alight! Hell, is it really that dire? If it is then we need to get an overseas manager in!

A sad fews days for British sport in my opinion what with the Wiggo/Sky revelations as well. Given time Sam would have given the England team the best chance of success in recent years. I bet he didn''t go quietly either, a decent pay off in return for keeping his mouth shut. Who next? Pardew, Howe?

I’d rather look at what someone does, rather than what they say. Press rules in this country are absurd that they can entrap someone then report this sh1t with repercussions.

However…..

He should never had got the job in the first place. He’s never won anything, lost more matches than he’s won, not survived six months at the only big team he’s ever managed, plays a woeful style of football and is a terrible ambassador for the game. He’s got many results from manipulating our stupid referees and his dreadful touchline antics that just wouldn’t work in the international game. His one claim is that he’s never been relegated…now Sunderland would have gone down last year had it not been for some outrageous decisions in their favour, not just the match at Carrow Road, but across many other games including the penalty v Newcastle in his first match in charge. Perhaps even if Klose hadn’t been injured or we’d been given that penalty v Palace. Even in Sunderland’s final dead rubber match v Watford he was still berating the referee in the post-match interview in the hope of getting the ‘favour’ returned in a subsequent match. All this and he should have been serving a touchline ban for much of the running for the touchline ‘fracas’ at Carrow Road, screaming in the officials’ faces, shoving Jerome. Would he have been given the England job had he just served a touchline ban?

As is often incorrectly stated, “it all evens itself out over the course of a career”.

The man is a greedy fat bastard why would any club want to have him as their Manager

Bet their is a few managers have a sleepless night

A lot more revelations coming out in the next few weeks

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]A sad fews days for British sport in my opinion what with the Wiggo/Sky revelations as well. Given time Sam would have given the England team the best chance of success in recent years. I bet he didn''t go quietly either, a decent pay off in return for keeping his mouth shut. Who next? Pardew, Howe?[/quote]Sad day, my arseNow lets see a few more of the cheating barstards exposed

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Not as bad as someone who cheats the taxpayer moonlighting for cash in hand though ![/quote]Oh dear.The whole of football is corrupt, if one corrupt man takes money off another corrupt man, then its their business.Big fat Sam is mainly guilty of being very, very stupid.And yes, as I assume this was directed at me, due to an earlier comment, I think stealing benefits is worse. And punishable by the law too. I doubt Big Sam will be going to jail.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Making Plans"]Played 1Won 1Sacked?[/quote]
The reason he was sacked perhaps should have been explained by the OP?
Get A Grip.
[/quote]Not sure what you are on about but I simply asked the question would he be sacked.Hence that thing that looks like this ? immediately after the word SackedHow could I explain why he was sacked when at the time of posting, he wasn''t.And if you still don''t know why he was sacked then please try & keep up.OK?

morty wrote the following post at 28/09/2016 12:23 AM:

Midlands Yellow wrote:

Not as bad as someone who cheats the taxpayer moonlighting for cash in hand though !

Oh dear.

The whole of football is corrupt, if one corrupt man takes money off another corrupt man, then its their business.

Big fat Sam is mainly guilty of being very, very stupid.

And yes, as I assume this was directed at me, due to an earlier comment, I think stealing benefits is worse. And punishable by the law too. I doubt Big Sam will be going to jail.

Do you really think that someone who steals benefits is worse?

The multiple, professional benefits cheats, yes, perhaps. But as a generalisation it cannot be said.

If one corrupt man takes money off another corrupt man it''s their business? Whose money do you think they are playing with if they are corrupt? Most probably yours and mine.

You also seem to say, or think, that a large bung is OK. If it''s a bung it''s income, legally or otherwise and as such should be liable to taxes in the same way your income and my income is liable. Did not Al Capone finally get jailed for tax evasion?

Perhaps that''s the way these managers will go.

But again they don''t jail people whose dogs have offshore accounts!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16677743

Why don''t they go to jail and some benefit fraudsters do?

Could it be that they can afford better lawyers?

I do not agree with benefit cheats but in my mind I think I know the ones who do this country most harm, especially if the benefit cheat works on the side for a few quid and the corrupt managers for the hundreds of thousands of pounds that are being talked about here.

Last I checked breaking FA guidelines and policy wasn''t actually punishable with a jail sentence.

Get off your boring high horse, you''re only arguing this because it''s me.

[quote user="morty"]Last I checked breaking FA guidelines and policy wasn''t actually punishable with a jail sentence.

Get off your boring high horse, you''re only arguing this because it''s me.[/quote]Me, me, me, me, me. But that''s enough about me, lets talk about you. What do you think about me?