Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Tactical Analysis

Has anyone been able to explain why the double pivot let us down so badly last night? In the previous 4 games it was the tactic that the experts were lauding as the difference, was last night one of those not ''proper double pivot'' occaisions?How will we be able to get back the double pivot magic?

I think we''ve all learnt that whilst DP''s can be great fun to watch, it is sometimes a bit of a painful and unpleasant experience for those involved.

[quote user="hogesar"]I think we''ve all learnt that whilst DP''s can be great fun to watch, it is sometimes a bit of a painful and unpleasant experience for those involved.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="hogesar"]I think we''ve all learnt that whilst DP''s can be great fun to watch, it is sometimes a bit of a painful and unpleasant experience for those involved.[/quote]I never know whether to concentrate on the man going forward or the one who stays at the back plugging the hole.

This is where it went wrong last night.

We should have left Martin & Bassong to deal with things at the back, & had somebody dealing with the front...

Maybe that''s why we played Bassong? Stereotypically far more likely to keep it tight at the back, despite fans concerns.

I think we actually need the shrewd eye of True Grit to help us out here. He checks out and is legit.